East Neck Nursing & Rehab Center

Top Nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of East Neck Nursing & Rehab Center

April 02, 2015

By vinsgirl

My poor 85 yr old father is in this facility. I was so disgusted when I walked into his room and found ants all over the floor, and on his tray table. My husband ran out of the room and notified the social worker, administration, and there respond was we will put him in another room, they did, but it was still not satisfying, the food comes cold, my father sits in his soiled diaper for hours, I would never ever recommend this facility to the old or to the young. As I write this we are trying to get my dad home with home care...

February 22, 2015

By PaulM

My aunt is 95 years old and was sent there to get back on her feet after a hip injury. While there she contracted a gut infection (C. diff) which causes severe diarrhea, which leads to dehydration. She was not kept hydrated as was ordered by her physician and wound up in severe renal failure. After two weeks in Good Sam she is now back at East Neck and I already have my regrets. As someone else mentioned she gets wheeled into a day room with no aides to keep them company or supervised; yesterday she was oozing fluids from a wound in her arm (which were dripping all over her and the floor) and I had to notify staff about not only that but to alert them she was sitting in a soiled diaper (as no one ever approached her she was unable to tell them herself). Many of the folks that work there are very nice and helpful but the place is severely understaffed.

November 21, 2014

By YankeeMike

My father is a resident of the facility and has pulmonary fibrosis and is in need of constant oxygen for his survival. On 2 separate occassions, his oxygen tank was left unchecked and he was gasping for air, i reported it,,,they apologized and said it will never happen again. as of this very writing, my father's oxygen machine went unchecked last night...the machine was not working properly and again he was left ringing the buzzer...gasping for air until someone finally arrived. also, he has been left on bed pan for a very long time without being checked. they are very under staffed. Another incident was an aide left him in soiled diaper for over 4 hours. she was annoyed with him because he thought he was just passing gas and instead he had a bowel movement. she thought he was being spiteful to her so she left him in his soiled diaper for over 4 hours!! again i reported it, but she is still working there, although not near my father. my objection to this is, what about the elderly people that can't speak up or have no one able to monitor them.....This aide clearly needed to be dismissed. Be very cautious when you send your loved one here!!

December 27, 2013

EastNeck Nursing and Rehabilitation Center needs a lot of improvement. It's outdated. You come into the lobby, everything looks nice. You walk around on the first floor, it's bright. But they can still make the place more cheerful, it would help a lot. I've never seen a porter come. When I go up, I use my foot to scrape the candy wrappers and some dirt comes off the floor. They don’t really have housekeeping the way they should. My aunt is okay there but I would like a place where she can have her own room and her own personal little place that you can't get there. The staff is pretty okay. They sure are handy and do the best they can with the staff they have.

September 26, 2012

By onlychild1

As a family member (son) of a patient at East Neck I was almost totally dissatisfied with the care, responsiveness, professionalism and compassion of the staff. The social worker was arrogant, unresponsive, unsympathetic and downright rude. The Administration was harder to find that Saddam Hussein. The only bright spot in the whole experience was the genuinely kind and caring physical therapist assigned to my Mom. The social worker almost single-handedly derailed weeks of effort on my part to get my mother transferred to the same nursing home as my Dad so they could be together. Their treatment of the residents amounted to piling them together in the "day room" with a single small screen T.V. and no stimulation or entertainment. I couldn't get Mom out of there fast enough. The fact that the social worker dragged her feet on cooperating with both me and the facility I wanted her transferred to shows me that the facility is desperate to hang onto whatever residents they have. I would NOT recommend this facility. I give it one star only for the physical therapist.

December 26, 2011

By maryann123

I cannot say enough good things about this provider. From the first time I stepped into the facility I was treated with kindness and compassion, plus a thorough knowledge and understanding of the services. The lobby looks like an old world home. As I walked through the halls for my tour, residents easily spoke with me and initiated conversation, which to me was a sign that they were happy and personable. The staff was just as outgoing and friendly and didn't hesitate to speak with me. I loved all the therapists that worked with my husband, as they were very knowledgeable, patient, and understanding, not to mention intuitive to my husband's needs. Nursing staff as well as aides were extremely caring. My husband was there during Thanksgiving and every one of them was happy to be working and made it a special day for all the residents. Their upbeat attitude was refreshing. The Holiday Tree Lighting was also a very happy event, with many staff returning with their children. The social worker was a great advocate for us and gave us the correct information and an array of services for when my husband was discharged. In 3 years that my husband has been ill and in and out of hospitals, this was the first time I encountered a knowledgeable social worker that knew what she was doing. She arranged my husband's trip home, as well as home health care, all of which went seamlessly. I loved that the residents have choices of not only activities, but where to dine. There are accommodations if I or other family members wanted to eat with my husband in the library room. Residents may also eat in the day room or in their own room as well. The facility also has a small pet visitation policy. My husband was always kept neat and clean, as they shower the residents several times a week. I found the facility to be neat, clean, and for the most part odor free. Rooms are basic, but residents may decorate them with photos, plants and memorabilia. The meals were good. When my husband could no longer chew solid meats, they chopped them for him. This was the first facility that I actually got to meet the nutritionist. I would rate the therapists, the nurses, aides, social worker, and medical director a 5 out of 5 not only because of the quality of care and services, but because they embrace a philosophy that is proactive for residents and their families with on-going communication.

Features of East Neck Nursing & Rehab Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About East Neck Nursing & Rehab Center

East Neck Nursing & Rehab Center is a nursing home in West Babylon, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact East Neck Nursing & Rehab Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of East Neck Nursing & Rehab Center