East Neck Nursing & Rehab Center

134 GREAT EAST NECK ROAD, West Babylon, NY, 11704

Reviews of East Neck Nursing & Rehab Center

maryann123 December 26, 2011

I cannot say enough good things about this provider. From the first time I stepped into the facility I was treated with kindness and compassion, plus a thorough knowledge and understanding of the services. The lobby looks like an old world home. As I walked through the halls for my tour, residents easily spoke with me and initiated conversation, which to me was a sign that they were happy and personable. The staff was just as outgoing and friendly and didn't hesitate to speak with me. I loved all the therapists that worked with my husband, as they were very knowledgeable, patient, and understanding, not to mention intuitive to my husband's needs. Nursing staff as well as aides were extremely caring. My husband was there during Thanksgiving and every one of them was happy to be working and made it a special day for all the residents. Their upbeat attitude was refreshing. The Holiday Tree Lighting was also a very happy event, with many staff returning with their children. The social worker was a great advocate for us and gave us the correct information and an array of services for when my husband was discharged. In 3 years that my husband has been ill and in and out of hospitals, this was the first time I encountered a knowledgeable social worker that knew what she was doing. She arranged my husband's trip home, as well as home health care, all of which went seamlessly.
I loved that the residents have choices of not only activities, but where to dine. There are accommodations if I or other family members wanted to eat with my husband in the library room. Residents may also eat in the day room or in their own room as well. The facility also has a small pet visitation policy. My husband was always kept neat and clean, as they shower the residents several times a week. I found the facility to be neat, clean, and for the most part odor free. Rooms are basic, but residents may decorate them with photos, plants and memorabilia. The meals were good. When my husband could no longer chew solid meats, they chopped them for him. This was the first facility that I actually got to meet the nutritionist. I would rate the therapists, the nurses, aides, social worker, and medical director a 5 out of 5 not only because of the quality of care and services, but because they embrace a philosophy that is proactive for residents and their families with on-going communication.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

About East Neck Nursing & Rehab Center

East Neck Nursing & Rehab Center is a nursing home in West Babylon, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact East Neck Nursing & Rehab Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of East Neck Nursing & Rehab Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of East Neck Nursing & Rehab Center