Regency Gardens Post-Acute Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

296 Hamburg Turnpike, Wayne, NJ, 07470

Contact Now

Reviews of Regency Gardens Post-Acute Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Dorothy O'Conner January 13, 2016

I seldom write lengthy reviews for anything, but it is deserved in this case.

If you were a "Mr. or Mrs. Regency" resident, here is what you might expect during one day at the home.

The morning will be brightened by a trained CNA who will help you rise and shine and who will tempt you with the thought of a good, hot breakfast coming soon. You may join others in the dining room or have breakfast in the privacy of your room.

After this healthy start, there are several options - a visit with the therapist, perhaps a shower or some group activity from our recreational staff, such as a ring toss, bowling or an exercise class. By then it is nearly lunch time and families are always welcome for those "look forward to" visits. Your dependable aides are also there to assist you, as well as the skilled nurses.

The afternoon has several more recreational activities - bingo, a movie and some days, lively musical entertainment. Trivia sessions are for those who enjoy stimulating the mind, while personal creativity is enhanced by those who work on hand crafted projects.

The evening meal is a family social event as well as fine nourishment. Some residents chat on for awhile; others head for quiet time in their rooms or a scheduled shower.

During the week, there are Catholic, Jewish and Protestant religious services to complete the all-inclusive care of the whole person.

When day is done, we are grateful to and for the professional skill and caring of our staff and nurses. They give a different degree of care to residents, knowing and understanding individual needs.

That sums up a "day's observation" here at Regency Gardens!

Joann Karas January 07, 2016

We recently co-hosted a wine event with Regency Gardens to raise money for a worthy charity in our local community in the Wayne/Paterson NJ area. I was very impressed with their staff and commitment.

Mihalik Family January 01, 2016

We appreciated the care provided to our brother, Joseph Mihalik, while he was a resident at your facility. We feel fortunate that he was able to spend his last years where he was so well cared for!

John Buchinski November 18, 2015

I was recently a patient at the Regency Gardens Post-acute Rehabilitation Center, in Wayne NJ. I cannot say enough wonderful things about their caring staff of nurses and therapists! Everyone who was involved in my care did a fantastic job and I'm grateful to them all!

Donals J Holwerd September 21, 2015

Kristin, Social Services, gave me a warm welcome to Regency Gardens on the day of my admission.

Not too long ago, she was actually my student at the Eastern Christian School

While I was recuperating, my Wife would come visit me everyday.

I thank God for the many acts of kindness and compassion I witnessed at Regency Gardens Subacute Rehab Center in Wayne, NJ

Youssef A. July 24, 2015

Great place to rehab. My Mom was there. Nurses Elizabeth and Diana were especially good.

RA. Torres June 23, 2015

My mom Maria was recently at Regency Gardens for rehab. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the excellent care she receieved from the entire staff. God Bless Regency!

Carolann Cusick May 07, 2015

When I got to Regency Gardens after five months sick in the hospital, the only thing i could do was stand up from my wheelchair. When i left, I could walk and go up and downstairs! Now, I can walk without a walker or a cane and just got the OK to drive again. Of course, since I can drive, i came back to thank all of my buddies who make it possible.

Marie Centrone May 05, 2015

This facility is excellent! I would refer to a friend or family.

Claudia2 October 30, 2012

Regency Gardens is a fantastic facility. I would recommend it to anyone. They just really care about the patient, and they'll do anything that they can to help them feel comfortable and feel at home. It's nicely kept. I like the idea that they kept the smell down. People were happy there. They have a good selection of food. If you don't like it, they'll offer you something else.

My mother-in-law is in a room with three beds and she loves it. You can tell that they were on top of things. If you ask them to come in and clean the rug, they're there immediately. They aim to please. If you ask the nurse and check the patient out, they're there. If you need to have supplements given to your patient, like my mom has osteoporosis and she likes to try old kind of remedy with grape juice and stuff, they give it to her and there's no problem. I have had absolutely no problems with them at all.

volunteerforlife September 27, 2012

The facility is a very clean and well maintained nursing home. The staff is extremely helpful and cooperative and are willing to help volunteers and students when they feel they can help. The activities available at the nursing home are of wide variety and much entertainment is provided for the residents. While there i did not like the aesthetics of the shower bathroom for patients, it seem jail-cell like. Some of the patients were combative but the staff knew exactly how to accommodate to such situations.

From Regency Gardens Post-Acute Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Residents and families alike appreciate our luxurious rooms, sumptuous dining with choice of delicious meals, beautifully appointed living, dining and recreation areas, and stimulating schedule of activities and entertainment. Outside, our park-like grounds, complete with gardens, gazebos, waterfalls, fountains, fish ponds and walkways offer a perfect setting for socializing or quiet reflection.

Convenient to major roadways and public transportation, Regency Gardens is adjacent to award-winning St. Joseph’s Wayne Hospital, one of the area’s premier acute care institutions.

Located in Wayne, one of Northern New Jersey’s finest communities, Regency Gardens is a charming and welcoming haven set on seven magnificently landscaped acres. The two-story, 120 bed facility has been custom designed for optimum safety, accessibility and comfort. A stunning lobby, beautiful wall and floor coverings, bright and cheerful areas for relaxing or socializing, all add to our residents’ enjoyment, positive outlook and sense of well-being.

Standards of quality and continuity of care are exceptional. In fact, Regency has ranked at the top of state surveys for five years running, and members of our nursing staff average nearly a decade of continuous service. We have also been awarded the highest 5-star rating in Gannett News Service’s recent statewide review as reported in USA Today. Services range from 24-hour skilled nursing to rehabilitation therapies and assistance with basic requirements of daily living.

…where caring comes to life

Regency Gardens is a true Gem in Wayne. With breathtaking landscaping and unequaled care and compassion, we truly are "The Place Where Caring Comes To Life!"

Features of Regency Gardens Post-Acute Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Psychiatric care
  • Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
  • Hospice care

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Free Coffee and Nourishment stations

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Monthly rent is all inclusive

• Staff patient ratio: 6:1
  • Minimum age: 35

• Licenses: CMS

• Financial guidance extra: We help families with the Medicaid application process
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites