Majestic Oaks

333 NEWTOWN ROAD, Warminster, PA, 18974

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Majestic Oaks

abtm November 11, 2015

My mother has been a resident of Majestic Oaks for a good long time. It is my understanding this facility is a for profit home ( if I am wrong I hope some one corrects me) but has a large number of Medicare beds. Ownership of this facility has changed 3-4 times if it more, since my mom arrived at MO.
As the years have past, I tend to be able to make the trip to PA 3-4 times a year. My visits with my mom are precious to me so I will spend 8-12 hours per visit in the facility. I eat my meals there, we sit outside if the weather permits, sit in the library and I will read a book to her after dinner we spend time in her room watch TV or whatever for me to try and experience what life is like at Majestic Oaks on a daily basis. My reflections lead me to the following conclusions: activities This staff is the most constant. There is little turnover and I see the same friendly faces year in and year out. The activities co-ordinator does a great job of finding activities to stimulate and entertain the residents who want to participate. I enjoy the people and look forward to participating in the activities myself when I am at MO Dining While at MO I eat each meal in the dining room. The dining staff always welcomes me and I find they do an immense job of getting the meals out in a timely fashion. They are understaffed and do the best with what they have to offer. In fact every Thankgiving my mom's Large family travels from far and wide to MO and the dining staff accommodate at least 15 family members. In the early years the meal was pretty awful but recently there has been a welcomed change to the meal. *Attention paid to residents by nursing staff :
as best as can be expected when there is not enough staff to go around. When I visited this past October it was clear there were not enough attendants to care for residents. There were: Residents at the elevators waiting, residents in rooms waiting, residents in the hallway waiting, residents with alarms ringing and waiting, residents calling out in distress from rooms waiting. Waiting waiting, waiting. Clearly, understaffed in nursing and nursing aides And yet that meager staff was running ragged trying to accommodate residents. I met with a social worker on my last visit but she was new to staff and though friendly and attentive she was not aware of most issues regarding my mom, a long term resident, the Social worker who is familiar with my man m and get on going care was busy at the time and not able to meet with me. One of the new owners was present and even passed me in the hallway avoiding contact or any type of interaction with me. It felt odd. There's my review. I could go on about the number of times my mom has fallen recently but I will save that for a more official review. There are lovely people who reside at MO including my mom who are people who have lived full rich lives and deserve a home that is welcoming and warm. Health issues aside treating people with respect and dignity should be paramount. If MO is a for profit facility my wish and hope are some of those profits would go toward making a more livable facility for residents and staff alike.

KorFam5 September 19, 2015

My father is a permanent resident at Majestic Oaks. We selected this facility once our resources were exhausted and could no longer care for him. It is in close proximity to our home, and the admissions office was accommodating. Some of the nursing and administrative staff try to be helpful, but they are understaffed and underpaid, with high employee turnover. The aides are not properly supervised, and we've experienced issues with theft and neglect. We've encountered problems having scripts filled, and illness spread rampant on the floor, due to improper hand-washing or sanitizing by the aides. The building is very old and poorly designed. They claim to be in the process of renovating, but much attention is needed. The elevator is a disaster, and an obvious fire hazard. There are simply too many residents and staff, and the stairs are locked and inaccessible. They try to plan activities for the residents, but its quite difficult to navigate the building to get up and down. The elevator is blocked for meals (which are horrendous), and residents are jammed waiting to to use the elevator get back and forth to the dining area. There is inadequate parking and a lack of privacy for visiting families. This facility isn't the worst I've seen, but we are actively looking for another nursing care provider that better meets our needs.

Helen46 August 24, 2014

My husband was in Majestic Oaks for a month. It’s a government facility that accepts people who don’t have financial assistance. His accommodations were okay, but he didn’t want to stay in the room because he was always looking for me. He liked the food there and he ate well.

jonp713 August 21, 2012

I have had no issues with them. They treat my grandmother well, and she seems to be fairly happy there. They definitely care. The only issue is that the food is awful, but that can be overlooked!

carollynne June 21, 2012

Majestic Oaks has made some strides over the years, a pleasant enough facility, but there are some things sorely lacking and in need of improvements. My mother was a rehab patient there about 20 years ago, and is a permanent resident now. The food there is a constant source of complaints. Apparently, there seems to be a lack of accountability. The food is mostly cold on arrival, unappetizing and too many times patients are served cold rice with too many dinners. Personally, I hate rice and would hate the food there also. The elevator is slow to respond and is often tied up with the food or cleaning staff, which is not their fault, but an additional newer, more efficient elevator would be a godsend to all involved. The nursing and administrative staff tries to be helpful, but because of cutting costs by government and insurances, their hands are tied. Too often, I see patients left in the sun room all day with almost nothing to stimulate them. If we had more resources ourselves, other than Medicaid, we would have chosen another site. Also, if some of the aides are not properly supervised, many details of cleaning are ignored, such as the changing of the beds, and cleaning under the beds.

About Majestic Oaks

Majestic Oaks is a nursing home in Warminster, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Majestic Oaks for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Majestic Oaks

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Majestic Oaks