Glade Valley Nursing & Rehab

56 WEST FREDERICK STREET, Walkersville, MD, 21793

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Glade Valley Nursing & Rehab

amberpep July 04, 2013

2 years ago I spent a few days in Glade Valley for rehab. after a knee replacement. At that time, it was awful. The food could not have been worse, the sink in the bathroom was pulled out from the wall, I needed a raised toilet seat and in order to do that I had to pick it up from the floor and put it on myself, all the while manipulating a walker, often at night my meds. were shorted ... when I asked about it, they said, "oh yes, I'll get the other one." The topper was one evening I was sitting on the bed talking to my roommate and across the floor ran a "grand-daddy" centipede." The furniture was obviously changed from what it had been prior to Genesis taking over, no pictures on the walls, no curtains. After 3 days, my doctor got me out. I will never recommend this place again to anyone. This is everything you hear about a bad, poorly run nursing home.

lcr August 04, 2012

My Mom has been in this facility for over a year. This is the most wonderful place, clean , good food, loving caring staff. The house Doc is great as well. Mom has severe dementia following a stroke two years ago. She has been in two other facilites that were also quite good, but this one is the best. A bit pricey, but you cannot beat this place! Someone from the family visits every day and we are always welcome at any time. In my work, for a hospital in another state, I have visited at least 50 nursing homes ,and assisted living facilites and NONE of them hold a candle to Glade Valley. There is also a rehabilitation section and a regular elderly section, not just for dementia patients.

gladereviewer February 17, 2012

My grandmother has been a resident of Glade for a couple of years. I visited her once before they transferred her to an area for patients with mental difficulties. She shared a room with one other person. She has a room with a window and they allowed her to put up a bird feeder. This is one of her favorite things to do and I thought it was really nice that they could do that for her. The staff was very nice to me when I was there. They knew my mom well and joked around. The lady cleaning my grandmother's room commented on a flower that my grandmother had received. We ended up talking about it for a minute. It was just small talk, but it helped to break the silence. Sometimes it's hard to know what to talk about with my grandmother. My grandmother needed eye drops so my mom asked the front desk if they had any. They didn't, but took the time to tell her how to get to the closest CVS to buy some. My grandmother isn't happy there (probably wouldn't be anywhere), but they seem to treat her very well. She participates in the activities that they offer as a group and I think there is some benefit to her. The only negative experience has been with the dentist they have in their facility. This person did not fix my grandmother's problem and there were some billing issues. We discovered that several guests had similar complaints and we were told that they were looking into finding a new dentist. Overall, this facility seems like a good fit for my grandmother's needs.

About Glade Valley Nursing & Rehab

Glade Valley Nursing & Rehab is a nursing home in Walkersville, MD that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Glade Valley Nursing & Rehab for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Glade Valley Nursing & Rehab

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Glade Valley Nursing & Rehab