Va Beach Healthcare And Rehab

1801 CAMELOT DRIVE, Virginia Beach, VA, 23454

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Va Beach Healthcare And Rehab

debraquitter July 23, 2013

As the daughter of a current (but soon former) Virginia Wellness & Rehabilitation Center patient, I spent approximately 200 hours at this facility. Our mother was cared for inside of the center’s Section 4. During her stay, we found the staff listened to our concerns and followed through with any commitments they made regarding our mother’s care. I noted that at all times the staff was encouraging, noticed those around them, smiled, and practiced courtesy and kindness. Our requests for information always resulted in timely answers with solid explanations. The physical, occupational and speech offered our mother was top notch. I am pleased to say she now is able to stand up, walk, and, in general, take care of the necessities of life. Watching her stand from the wheelchair and get into my vehicle with NO assistance was something I did not expect. She had not been able to do that in over 5 years. The staff and administration have the best interests of the patients at heart. Family members of the patients are treated with respect. The personal hygiene of patients was cared for at all times. Meals arrived as scheduled and activities were available for those interested. Visitors are allowed at any time. I witnessed many situations that if not handled properly would have had an unfavorable outcome. The nurses, aids, therapists, supervisors and all the rest of the staff handled each incident with care and understanding. I even saw a patient hitting a nurse while she remained perfectly calm. At the same time, the patient was bellowing racial slurs. The nurse handled the incident with grace and compassion. She clearly realized the patient was not capable of other behavior. My mother was a patient at another rehab center a couple of years ago. The care she received at Virginia Wellness & Rehabilitation Center was 100% better than the other facility. I never noticed any abundance of state officials or others. I did see the state and city workers who were from Adult Protective Services. Those folks are there for the benefit of patients who were in danger BEFORE they entered the rehab center. That has nothing to do with the rehabilitation center’s performance. They made our mother’s life better and worked quite hard to do so. I would gladly accept placement for any of our family members, if needed, inside of this facility and under the care of their staff.

angelicblend June 27, 2012

Other

This facility gave the best care for my mother. They went out of their way for physical therapy

About Va Beach Healthcare And Rehab

Va Beach Healthcare And Rehab is a nursing home in Virginia Beach, VA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Va Beach Healthcare And Rehab for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Va Beach Healthcare And Rehab

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 495237
  • Ownership Type For Profit Corporation

• Resident Capacity 180