Knolls West Convalescent Hospital

16890 GREEN TREE BLVD, Victorville, CA, 92394

Reviews of Knolls West Convalescent Hospital

Patrick S. January 21, 2012

A few years ago my uncle who was in is 40's had a series of strokes which resulted in need of permanent care for him. He was wheelchair bound, and was paralyzed having only the use of his forearms and hands. The hospital which initially treated him recommended Desert Knolls as a good local full time care facility. Someone from our family visited him almost every day of the week. At very worst we were there 4 days a week. The facilities at Knolls West are in some ways nice; the rooms are double occupancy and each occupant has their own area with shelves, a cork board, and their own TV. They have a decent leisure room, and a nice view from the room. On the surface the staff are friendly and curious, but my uncle often said he was treated very different when we weren't around. Sometimes I would notice the staff seemed really impatient with some of the residents whose families were not present. Another thing i noticed was the lack of sanitation. I came to believe it was normal for such places to smell rather strongly of urine and other unpleasant odors, but after about 6 months we transferred my uncle to another full time care facility which was much cleaner. Upon transfer, his new care facility notified us of extensive bedsores, indicating that my uncle was not getting the attention he needed. Overall I would not reccomend this facility, there are much better ones in the area.

Show 1 More Review Show Fewer Reviews - Write a Review

About Knolls West Convalescent Hospital

Knolls West Convalescent Hospital is a nursing home in Victorville, CA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Knolls West Convalescent Hospital for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Knolls West Convalescent Hospital

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Knolls West Convalescent Hospital