Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach

1310 37th Street, Vero Beach, FL, 32960

Reviews of Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach

sad/mad June 23, 2015

My aunt received mostly terrible care at this facility. She had terrible sores from the skin splitting open, her feet were so swollen from not being elevated. There were also sores (unreported) from too much sitting in wheelchair, plus sores on her wrists from banging on the wheelchair trying to get heard for some help. On at least one occasion the nurse admitted they had kept her up and restrained in a wheelchair 24 hours. They sedated her so deeply, at times for 24 hours, that she couldn't be woken up to eat or drink. I also walked into the hallway and caught the staff making humiliating jokes and poking fun at her. A week ago, when my aunt suddenly lost use of her left side and all ability for speech, the nurse on duty said no, it wasn't a stroke, that my aunt was "just tired". It was not long from that day to the end. If you want respect, good care, or comfort for your loved one, do not put them in Consulate.

SadME August 16, 2013

Horrible care even in REHAB. My loved one suffered because of horrendous bedsores I didnt know about. There were days I had To DEMAND they get him up. The food was awful and many times the trays were set too far away for the residents to help themselves no sugar or any fresh fruit. Communicating with nurses was next to impossible and you had to get aggressive to get them to even talk to you. Find a Dog Kennel you will get better care! I would rate it NO stars but it won't let me.

leahcar February 23, 2012

I visited this facility with my school age daughter in an effort to bring company and cheer to the resident during the holiday season. There was a horrific odor of urine in several of the hallways. The staff were courteous to us, but a bit impatient with the residents. I noticed lots of staff members clumped together gossiping and a supervisor reminding them to get back to their duties. A smoking room is provided for residents who smoke. It was difficult to breathe when walking past it because it was so polluted with cigarette smoke. The facility appeared clean and orderly despite the bad odors. It is nicely decorated. Plenty of activities seem to be available for the residents to participate in. We observed a group of ladies getting their nail painted in one area and someone playing the piano for the residents in another. The menu for the day is prominently posted and looked appealing. The residents that we saw appeared to be well cared for.

Cinjen November 19, 2011

It was a horrifying and painful experience for my father and for the family. My father haz Alzheimer's and we placed him at Consulate when his care became too much for my mother. Consulate has an Alzheimer's wing and supposedly specializes in the care of patients with Alzheimers. This could not be farther from the truth. I'm not going to go back through the painful details but I implore those that might be considering Consulate to rethink what is truly best for their loved one. Our loved ones should always be safe, cared for in a dignified manner, and shown respect.

About Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach

Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach is a nursing home in Vero Beach, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: