Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach

Overview of Ratings

1.5

February 23, 2012

By leahcar

I visited this facility with my school age daughter in an effort to bring company and cheer to the resident during the holiday season. There was a horrific odor of urine in several of the hallways. The staff were courteous to us, but a bit impatient with the residents. I noticed lots of staff members clumped together gossiping and a supervisor reminding them to get back to their duties. A smoking room is provided for residents who smoke. It was difficult to breathe when walking past it because it was so polluted with cigarette smoke. The facility appeared clean and orderly despite the bad odors. It is nicely decorated. Plenty of activities seem to be available for the residents to participate in. We observed a group of ladies getting their nail painted in one area and someone playing the piano for the residents in another. The menu for the day is prominently posted and looked appealing. The residents that we saw appeared to be well cared for.

November 19, 2011

By Cinjen

It was a horrifying and painful experience for my father and for the family. My father haz Alzheimer's and we placed him at Consulate when his care became too much for my mother. Consulate has an Alzheimer's wing and supposedly specializes in the care of patients with Alzheimers. This could not be farther from the truth. I'm not going to go back through the painful details but I implore those that might be considering Consulate to rethink what is truly best for their loved one. Our loved ones should always be safe, cared for in a dignified manner, and shown respect.

Features of Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach

Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach is a nursing home in Vero Beach, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Consulate Health Care of Vero Beach