Atlantic Health and Rehabilitation

3663 15th Avenue, Vero Beach, FL, 32960

Reviews of Atlantic Health and Rehabilitation

grandma w. April 20, 2015

My mother was at Atlantic Healthcare for both of her hip replacement surgeries. She received excellent care from the nursing staff. Her CNA Niomi was caring and kind. Her therapy was excellent. She was able to to return to her activities three months later. The facility was clean and the enviroment was bright. My mom told be the cinco de Mayo celebration brightened her mood. It was the little kind gestures that motivated her. I would recommend Atlantic and there wonderful caring staff to all my freinds.

suttersmil April 16, 2015

My 86 year old mother was admitted to Atlantic Health in Vero Beach for rehabilitation following a fractured hip in March 2015. Since she was visiting my sister when the incident occurred we wanted to transfer her to a facility closer to home to complete her therapy when feasible. Not only was the staff at Atlantic incompetent in her care but for the most part they were rude and careless. My mother was overmedicated with pain medication for an entire week leaving her so sedated it was difficult for her to perform her physical therapy. The reason given was that the doctor got distracted and forgot to write the order!!!! The social worker was not only rude and sarcastic to me on the phone, she refused to fax the necessary paper work to the three facilities we had researched in New York. It took one full week for this woman to get the necessary paper work to the one NY facility that had an available bed!!
The nursing staff was no better. It seemed that no one communicated with each other. When I questioned a medication being administered, I was told "It's her 12:00 med". This nurse not only sighed and 'tsked" when I questioned what the drug was for, but it was obvious she had no idea!! My mother's room phone was out of order for 5 days while she was recuperating making it very difficult for us to contact her and causing the nursing staff to wheel her out to a communal phone in the hall; an inconvenience for all involved. I asked if someone could please transport my mother outside to soak up some Florida sunshine and was told no one there had the time. This was definitely not a patient friendly place and I would NEVER recommend it to anyone

About Atlantic Health and Rehabilitation

Atlantic Health and Rehabilitation is a nursing home in Vero Beach, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Atlantic Health and Rehabilitation for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Atlantic Health and Rehabilitation

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Atlantic Health and Rehabilitation