Orzac Center For Extended Care & Rehabilitation

900 Franklin Avenue, Valley Stream, NY, 11580

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Orzac Center For Extended Care & Rehabilitation

wbarrish December 03, 2015

Our mom's experience at Orzac was simply horrific. The quality of care was beyond terrible. Lack of any bedside manner or respect for patients. There were times when I would visit my mom and see patients sitting in wheelchairs begging to be brought to the bathroom while nurses and aids completely ignored them. Several times my mom would ring for assistance and would be completely ignored. There were times when she would call one of us to contact the nurse's station to get someone to help her. My mom experienced a seizure the last night she was at Orzac. She rang for the nurses and none came to assist her. Eventually she began yelling for help until someone finally came. The staff that came to assist her weren't equipped to deal with the situation. Seeing their hesitation my mom (while having a seizure) asked them to call an ambulance and get her to the hospital. ??? We were so disappointed with the care and so happy to get her to a better place. Would not recommend Orzac to anyone and would be happy to see it closed down.

MikeTess September 05, 2014

NO COMMUNICATION! My family member is a patient there. Unfortunately, I have to work during the day and can only visit during the evening. If you ask questions after 5pm you will get nothing but a blank stare and told to come back during the day to ask questions. I guess there are no written records or charts? Or is it just laziness? Does this place shut down after 5pm? Does the quality of care also shut down after 5pm? What goes on here? There is absolutely no communication from the day staff either by phone. I have called repeatedly to speak to Dr. Ogunfowora (who is assigned to my family member) with no calls returned. I have also called to speak to Sahiba (my family member's case worker at this facility) with no calls returned. I would think twice about utilizing this facility. Communication with the family is key to successful rehabilitation, re-homing and creation of a goal-oriented health plan. This facility is seriously deficient is the basic needs of the patient.

Tmckrnhy July 31, 2014

Excellent rehabilitation staff. My mother made amazing progress with her OT, PT, and speech therapists. Since she was there after a major stroke and had complications, she was there for about 50 days, and I got to see several other patients there improve tremendously and go home. This was during the summer, and it was obvious at times that they were short of staff, leading to longer waits for assistance when using a call light. When I was there and could go out into the hall and ask for help for my mom in person, an NA or nurse would come right away. Also, as with many rehab homes, sometimes is was hard to communicate directly with my mothers doctor, and there was some confusion about what the new Medicare guidelines meant for how long my Mom could receive coverage. Nevertheless, most of the bumps we had along the way were resolved, and nearly everyone there is respectful and seems to really care.

Davvvyc July 11, 2014

The Orzac Center is a clean therapeutic environment and operates for the skilled nursing rehabilitation of orthopedic injuries. We had an excellent experience and we're happy.

caregucci May 30, 2014

Our experience with Orzac Center for Extended, overall, was good. The rooms were pretty large. The residents had their privacy, but the rooms weren't super nice. They were older.

About Orzac Center For Extended Care & Rehabilitation

Orzac Center For Extended Care & Rehabilitation is a nursing home in Valley Stream, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Orzac Center For Extended Care & Rehabilitation for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Orzac Center For Extended Care & Rehabilitation

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: