Champaign County Nursing Home

500 Art Bartell Rd, Urbana, IL, 61802

Reviews of Champaign County Nursing Home

olk January 28, 2012

I visited this nursing home looking for a place for my mother. The Champaign County Nursing Home is a large new facility built in 2003. The old building had been in use for decades, and the staff in the new building is the same, so there was staff continuity. Staff at the nursing home are competent, educated, and well-trained in customer and client relations - all the ones I met had a warm, friendly way of communicating. The building itself is very nicely designed, with a professional but comfortable feel, and a focus on the needs of the residents. For example, there are several smaller multi-purpose rooms available for resident use, and each has a different decor and ambiance. Dining facilities were excellent, made to look and feel restaurant-like. I had a meal there and the food was very good, better than other nursing homes I had visited.Overall, I would rate this facility as very good to excellent. I have decided to place my mother there, so I believe I have made an accurate assessment.

SaintClarence271 November 02, 2011

It's a difficult job, but the staff overall at CCNH are good people. I have had two grandparents that lived there, and they were taken care of as best as the staff was capable. Administration is mediocre, as there is a lot of financial waste. At the same time, they don't spend the money where it's most valuable - with the staff. As a result, they are chronically understaffed, resulting in less interaction between clients and the staff. The food is decent for a nursing home.

About Champaign County Nursing Home

Champaign County Nursing Home is a nursing home in Urbana, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Champaign County Nursing Home for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Champaign County Nursing Home

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Champaign County Nursing Home