Champaign County Nursing Home

500 Art Bartell Rd, Urbana, IL, 61802

Reviews of Champaign County Nursing Home

Shannon2 March 14, 2012

I volunteered at this nursing home for a year, and got to know both the staff and residents fairly well. I was impressed with the genuine affection and care shown by the staff to the residents. Many of the nurses would come in to check on the residents just to chat with them. I was in a particular man's room visiting when a nurse came in and explained to me his hearing impairment and how to counteract it. They also joke around with and treat the residents like friends.During the holidays, the staff takes the time to decorate the nursing home, both indoors and out to make the residents feel more at home an cheerful. They have mass multiple times a week, as well as many activities for the residents to take part in such as knitting and bingo. I asked the residents what they thought of the food served in the cafeteria, an a resounding majority said they loved it! The staff takes cautious care to ensure that all residents are getting meals specific to their dietary restrictions.The nursing home was also fairly clean, although some of the hallways had a pungent smell that I would not enjoy to live near. the building was also very organized, as they separated the nursing home into different sections based on type and severity of injuries an disabilities. Overall, I think the Champaign County Nursing Home is a great facility for the elder. First and foremost, they care about their residents and make every effort to ensure that they are comfortable and content.

gamegirl March 07, 2012

For the most part, the nursing home gives good care. They strive to make sure that all residents are taken care of fairly and respectably. When there is a problem or concern the management takes it seriously and does everything in their power to make sure the problem doesn't happen again. They work hard with their staff to train them well. If there is a complaint concerning a staff member, they are retrained to make sure the issue isn't repeated.The Champaign County Nursing Home is a newer facility with a pleasant staff. The food and meals are well balanced and tasty. They nursing home is clean and doesn't smell of urine. The rehab portion of the facility is welcoming and the staff is friendly.One of the nice things about the Champaign County Nursing Home is that there are many activities available for residents. There are interesting things happening every day. Sunday is the only day that is really quiet- and that seems to be the day most visitors come.

olk January 28, 2012

I visited this nursing home looking for a place for my mother. The Champaign County Nursing Home is a large new facility built in 2003. The old building had been in use for decades, and the staff in the new building is the same, so there was staff continuity. Staff at the nursing home are competent, educated, and well-trained in customer and client relations - all the ones I met had a warm, friendly way of communicating. The building itself is very nicely designed, with a professional but comfortable feel, and a focus on the needs of the residents. For example, there are several smaller multi-purpose rooms available for resident use, and each has a different decor and ambiance. Dining facilities were excellent, made to look and feel restaurant-like. I had a meal there and the food was very good, better than other nursing homes I had visited.Overall, I would rate this facility as very good to excellent. I have decided to place my mother there, so I believe I have made an accurate assessment.

SaintClarence271 November 02, 2011

It's a difficult job, but the staff overall at CCNH are good people. I have had two grandparents that lived there, and they were taken care of as best as the staff was capable. Administration is mediocre, as there is a lot of financial waste. At the same time, they don't spend the money where it's most valuable - with the staff. As a result, they are chronically understaffed, resulting in less interaction between clients and the staff. The food is decent for a nursing home.

About Champaign County Nursing Home

Champaign County Nursing Home is a nursing home in Urbana, IL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Champaign County Nursing Home for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Champaign County Nursing Home

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: