Mt Macrina Manor

520 West Main Street, Uniontown, PA, 15401

Reviews of Mt Macrina Manor

Barbf2 May 27, 2013

I am a retired nurse and I visit my mother in this facility. She has progressive dementia and is slowly losing her ability to function in any way. She is wheelchair bound and unable to use her arms or legs. Now she has become unable to communicate. This facility and its staff have been wonderful with her. Always patient, keeping my mother in clean outfits, talking to her, touching her, taking her to activities that they think she will like. Plus as she has always been deeply religious, the availability of the Liturgy and Mass right in the facility is a blessing.

As to the cleanliness of the facility-  Only on very rare occasions does it smell of urine or feces- perhaps as you are passing the door of someone who is being cleaned up.   The facility is kept very clean.  They seem to have enough staff.  And most of the staff seem happy which is very rare in nursing homes.  All of the staff that I have met  have been courteous and patient with my requests.

This is a good nursing home.

Brandy L Stotka November 21, 2012

This facility was just like visiting someone at a the hospital in their own room. But the outside facilites were very pretty. There was a piano, and they had church services every Sunday. The patients rooms were able to be decorated however one would like. Personalization is actually good for these types of patients. The nursing staff would decorate turkeys and pilgrams for Thanksgiving. There are also Christmas lights, and Christmas trees during Christmas and New Years. The staff really seem to try to keep the patients as comfortable as possible. They are assisted in their living abilities that they have had difficulty doing at home. If someone is able to shower they will do this task on their own. However my grandmother was not able to do this simple task on her own. So there were aids available to help bath her in bed. However not just the elderly are in this facilty, many people who are in need of help in recovering from an illness, or from a surgery can stay here.

patrickacker July 23, 2012

When I first walked into the nursing home at Mt. St. Macrina in Uniontown, Pennsylvania, it smelled completely of urine. It was quite disgusting that this was what my grandmother was living in. The nursing home also seemed completely dirty. My grandmother seemed to enjoy being there as she was in the hospital after a hip surgery and needed the assistance. The greeting nurse was actually quite rude when I first walked into the nursing home. I was in quite shock that my grandmother was in this home where the nurses were so rude. I think that what the nursing home needs is a management course in which the staff is educated on how to better treat visitors/guests. Amenities in the nursing home included bathrooms with showers/toilets/sinks and a game room with a piano and full size kitchen. Throughout each week, the staff would put on bingo and other social events for the residents of the nursing home. I was quite pleased that the staff did this as it gave my grandmother several hours to meet new friends and take her mind off of the pain she was having in her hip.

About Mt Macrina Manor

Mt Macrina Manor is a nursing home in Uniontown, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Mt Macrina Manor for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Mt Macrina Manor

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 395629

Location of Mt Macrina Manor