Providence Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing

5505 NEW COPELAND RD, Tyler, TX, 75703

Reviews of Providence Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing

Ibecoolmimi April 25, 2014

In one word..RUN! Please never send a loved one here. They don't care if their patients are laying in their urine, make them wait hours for pain meds and heaven forbid you ask for something. Best description is rude, sarcastic, uncaring and lazy! The food is unnutrional, horrible and either over salty or drowned in dressing or sauce. The hard boiled egg was probably the only nutritional item I ate.

Caring75949250 December 30, 2013

My daughter and I visited several facilities and Providence Park seemed a clean and an inviting place. It had also been recommended to us so I was able to put my husband in there. The facility is also very well kept. I heard that their food is good, but when I ate there I didn’t find it to really be excellent. The portions were small. They do have activities to do, but my husband chooses not to participate in them.

bmwkids November 16, 2013

This facility promises many kinds of good care, but does not follow through with their promises. My parent has been there and I have seen that the nursing staff for the most part simply does not care about patients. My parent has slept in urine soaked bed, been left without food. If a patient can voice complaints and tell what is needed, the nurses might do as they should. From what I have seen, they are extremely apathetic. I could not recommend this facility to anyone looking for care for an elderly person.

colemanread May 25, 2013

This facility was recommended by a case manager at a local hospital. My mother stayed at this facility for over three weeks. During her stay, I was thankful that my father could be by her side on a daily basis because I do not believe the staff at this facility would be able to provide the care that she needed. Most of the nursing/support staff are apathetic and work at a snail's pace. The LVN that provided my mother her daily medication consistently appeared unkept and his nails were always dirty. Facility does not separate residents with mental/emotional issues which can be noisy and upsetting to those residents seeking a calming environment. Food service is slow and servers do not serve residents in a timely and orderly manner.

Coffey July 25, 2010

Nutrition/dietary dept

The physical plant is beautifully decorated. Very impressive; however, the dietician needs to be more skilled in proper nutrition and presentation of food. The women servers have loose hanging hair - food is not served hot -not even warm. It isn't unusual for there to be a shortage of food i.e. soup and or dessert-substitutes for soup are made such as a ruined baked potato (we recently was served a ruined/black potato, wrapped in crumbled (looked like used) foil. It seems that unless there is a family member present the patients would not have an Advocate to warm their food or to protect what they were served. Please do not let the reputation of this beautiful facility become tainted by the dietary negligence.

About Providence Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing

Providence Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing is a nursing home in Tyler, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Providence Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Providence Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 676184

Location of Providence Park Rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing