Pueblo Springs Rehabilitation Center

5545 East Lee Street, Tucson, AZ, 85712

Reviews of Pueblo Springs Rehabilitation Center

Carla17 December 09, 2014

My tour with Pueblo Springs was fine. The facility was very clean. The staff was nice, but it was more of a nursing home type and a temporary rehab place. There was a lot of activities offered. It was a very small place. I liked everything about it; it just wasn't what I was looking for.

Disgusted and appalled! November 14, 2014

Is it possible to rate lower than one star? This place should be shut down and employees should be denied the opportunity to ever work in the healthcare extended care industry. My stepfather was a patient. They neglected him and he talks about what I would classify as abuse. He supposedly had a fall resulting in a bruise on his face, at least according to the staff. He said he was knocked down, told to get up (now he was in for rehab after a stroke and had limited mobility) and that it wouldn't do him any good to complain. It was his word against the male orderly's. When he was released he had blood clots in both lungs that had been "overlooked", indicating to me they never interacted with him or took his vitals, had sores all over his body and appeared not to be bathed. I made repeated complaints that I was assured were addressed and obviously were not. I cannot say this strongly enough, DO NOT PUT A LOVED ONE IN THIS PLACE! I would not trust them with my dog.

mauichan247 September 26, 2014

Horrible place to send your loved one, do not send your loved one to this facility. My mom is there right now and what I am hearing is awful, thank goodness she had good friends there that are trying to help her, but being that is a place that is supposed to help people and yet they are rude, unprepared, unprofessional, and slow in helping my mom, I cannot believe this place is still in operation. And getting a meeting with them is even worse. My mom has had to wait for her pain medication after having a hip replacement surgery, yet if she didn't sign the contract she wasn't getting anything she was told by the med nurse, she was sick and had pneumonia and ended up in ICU, had lots of issues, went to this place cause she is on her own in AZ and they are supposed to help her get better so she can so home, yet they didn't believe her when she told them her health issues, they were not prepared for her upon arrival, they did not give her information about the place, they did not tell her there was a bath schedule, they gave her an intake at 11 pm at night when she was tired and exhausted and needed rest when she first arrived, it takes 45 mins to get her dressed today, and they play favorites with other residents they "like", if the nurses don't like you then you have to wait for everything. Being I live away from my mother it pains me that a place that is supposed to be trusted to take care of the elderly or help people get better so they can get back to better health doesn't take much pride in their facility or the people they hire to take care of our loved ones.

Janeemarie August 16, 2014

This place a dirty, unsafe and unprofessional institute. The care staff are careless with others health, My father contracted C. Diff while in this facility because the CNA's are placing soiled linen in places where others can track into it like hall ways or allowing and or taking the contagious patients to restrooms to other patients use. I've seen multiple patients being neglected and talked down to! Oh and lets not mention the patients that are able to wonder off and the whole building is going crazy because someone wasn't doing their jobs! This place is a joke, they even lock everyone in at night manually!! So FYI if there is a fire in the building yeah, there's no way out. Think twice about placing the one's you love here.

LOVING DAUGHTER IN TUCSON August 22, 2013

Think twice, read this and research before putting your loved one in Pueblo Springs Rehabilitation center.

After almost a months stay in the ICU due to complications from Parkinsons Disease and being neglected at an Assisted Living Home, my mother was released to Pueblo Springs for rehab. Immediately, i had to have a discussion with the nurses about how Parkinsons has now diminished her upper body strength and how she would need help eating. She is not even able to hold a glas to her mouth without spilling everywhere. That conversation with then went unnoticed and the 2nd day I had to have this conversation once again. On the 3rd day I raised my voice to the nutricianist and that seemed to temporarily work. They continually lost her clothes and then put her in a hospital gown. I then noticed the rash she had after being taken out of her last home, reappear and by the time I saw it, it had covered 75% of the back of her body. This did not re appear overnight. I immediately contacted the head nurse. She told me she would contact the Dr. right away and get her medical help. That never happened.

Prior to release day to her new home, the facility and I had discussed the plans of needing the necessary Oxygen at her home before her arrival, having medications in hand and RX's written for all of her medications sent to the caregiver in advance of her arrival. On release day, she arrived at her new home without oxygen there, only a portion of her meds in hand and NO RX's for any necessary medication. She is diabetic and was sent home with 2 injections available. Not even 24 hrs. after her release she sits in her new home with elevated Blood sugar and no Insulin left. We are hoping the Dr. Gets to her in time to help us or she will end up back in emeregeny where we started.

This was totally avoidable, and very neglectful of the Nursing facility. The last words I heard from the Social Services office was that The Dr. did not feel he needed to prescribe any other medications to her other than the 3 I had finally recieved after jumping up and down an demanding. Wouldn't you know, The Dr. did not find it necessary to prescribe Insulin to a Diabetic upon release!

Think Twice about putting anyone here. Worst medical experience I have ever had to deal with!

Signed, Loving Daughter in Tucson

alzheimer1 November 21, 2012

I took my friend in to check in after a surgery. Everybody was very nice and there were no problems checking in. After I got her settled in the room the staff said they would take care of everything. I felt very at ease and confident that they would.Everything was very good about my friends stay except for one run in with one of the nurses there. She may have just been cranky after surgery I don't know but she was upset about it. The food there was very good and the location perfect for us. The room was clean and pleasant. The surounding grounds were well maintained and it was like a park like environment.If anybody is looking for a good facility this could be a good fit but there are so many good ones to choose from. I would say check several places including here before making a final decsion on any place. While there was nothing really wrong with it, other than the minor disagreement with one nurse it does not really stand out os fantastic either.

About Pueblo Springs Rehabilitation Center

Pueblo Springs Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Tucson, AZ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Pueblo Springs Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Pueblo Springs Rehabilitation Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Pueblo Springs Rehabilitation Center