Grand Traverse Pavilions

1000 Pavilions Circle, Traverse City, MI, 49684

Reviews of Grand Traverse Pavilions

amagtvp June 02, 2012

My experience was awful with the staff at this nursing home. My grandfather was treated very poorly, and was even yelled at by a few of the nurses there, even though he could not understand what they were trying to say (due to Alzheimer's). They were fed awful food, and even though he was still pretty good at eating, they always fed him some kind of mush. They didn't bathe him NEARLY as often as he should have been, many times his wife/my grandmother had to force them to give him a bath, or do it herself. The nurses and orderlies were very slow responding to the other violent patients there, and did not isolate them as much as they should have been. There were outbreaks very often when we visited. The hygienic condition of the home was rather unsanitary and disgusting. A few times we would find dry urine on the floors in the bathroom, and on the toilet. Overall, we all had a bad experience at the Grand Traverse Pavillion.

Grandson3 February 17, 2012

After my grandmother died, my family decided to move my grandfather closer to our family home. Of all of the possible facilities in Traverse City, the Grand Traverse Pavilions was bar far the best choice. He absolutely loved his stay there until his recent death. The rooms are gorgeous, and the grounds are even more beautiful. My grandfather was in reasonably good health, and walked the beautiful wooded paths almost daily. He made new friends there, with whom he ate meals and chatted regularly. The food was pleasant, and the whole family ate there on several occasions when we went to visit him. My grandfather never complained of his life at The Pavilions. He had a comfortable and large room with all of the amenities he needed. It was always tidy and pleasant. When I visited, the place didn't feel like an assisted living facility or retirement home, but more like his own apartment that he could call home. I can't express enough praise for the facilities at Grand Traverse Pavilions. My grandfather was happy to live his last days there, and I was happy that he was able to finish his life in such comfort.

kal216 January 28, 2012

The Grand Traverse Pavilions always comes highly recommended from people in the community. They has several buildings on campus that are used for assisted living. The assisted living area is very beautiful with a grand lawn. The buildings are actually part of the old state hospital, but have been completely redone. They are beautiful. The nursing facility seems to be newer, but I wasn't overly impressed. The decor was pretty dated. Staff was friendly enough but not overly welcoming. The rooms were quite large especially since most of them are semi-private. I also toured the rehab side which was just finished. It was nice. The updates really make it stand alone compared to the other side which was for long term individuals. The strange thing about the rehab part was that it was directly next to the dementia unit?? I couldn't understand why you would place the rehab next to individuals that are acting out and yelling. Strange. The therapy gym was nice and big, and they even have a pool. Another thing that I didn't like was the gated entrance and limited parking. That was more annoying than anything. Overall as I said the campus was really pretty. It seems some areas have gotten updates where some haven't.

A Son728 July 27, 2011

My Mother was there for 4 years. We were very pleased with the activities avileble on a daily bases for her to be involed in. The transportion to take her places she wanted to go, was helpful when it came to a point when we could no longer get Her into our own cars. The extra helpful things they did with us to accomadite, Her's and the family's needs, were uncountable. The stafe had a low rate of turn-over, so that ment the atentions to how she liked things done, or Her special needs, were more easly meet.

From Grand Traverse Pavilions

The Pavilions is owned by Grand Traverse County and operated by the Grand Traverse County Department of Human Services Board, and committed to enhancing the quality of life for aging adults and caregivers. The Administrator/CEO is Korvyn R. Hansen. Home to more than 300 residents and more than 400 employees, the 28 acre campus is rooted in a rich history that dates back to the early 20th Century. The unique architecture emulates 19th Century buildings on site, intricately balancing state-of-the-art accommodations with modern amenities. Fiscally self-sufficient for nearly two decades, Grand Traverse Pavilions provided more than $3 million last year in benevolent care to members of our community.

Features of Grand Traverse Pavilions

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Grand Traverse Pavilions