Grace Care Center At Northpointe

11830 Northpointe Boulevard, Tomball, TX, 77377

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Grace Care Center At Northpointe

Psalms30:1 October 20, 2015

My father-n-law recently passed away at Grace. He resided there for about 9 months, but lived in neighborhood. We want to thank all of the staff that work there. When touring the area( I toured several) this is by far the best place in Northwest Houston. They were caring, environment is always clean, and very helpful. We had hospice as well. There is not any perfect place. I know that they have stars in Heaven for what they do and have to deal with daily. If we had a concern they addressed it immediately. This was a very hard decision for our family, but I know in my heart we made the right choice. We had peace of mind he was cared for. Thank you Grace staff, Pastor Dewitt , and Pastor Nash for what you do. Keep it up. God Bless you all.

tomballfamily October 16, 2015

We went twice a day and often found my mother in law upset at getting no help after ringing her bell. One night they even "forgot" to bring her a food tray. She was having trouble breathing and sleeping and they told her she needed to relax. We even asked for a chest xray and were told she was anxious. Food is not a healthy diet for elderly. After coming home, we had her in the hospital ER within 6 hours for breathing trouble and found out she had congestive heart failure and gained 10 pounds in fluid at Grace Center in 4 weeks which they also didn't seem concerned about. I would never recommend the center. They have not even called to follow up on her!

amahar October 15, 2015

Over the past 5 years my father has had health complications and has been hospitalized and transitioned into a number of facilities. Grace Care Center is by far the worst skilled nursing facility he has ever been in and I have ever seen. My father is mentally very stable, and I was at the facility daily--at times more than once. The list of things we experienced and witnessed are too many to include. The administration appears very on top of things in the beginning --however, when you have questions, or problems- no one knows anything and they take no accountability for their staff. My father was given an iv antibiotic (the reason he was there) and the nurse charted the wrong medication and the wrong time given. They had to dig through the trash to find the label to decipher which med he was actually given and then would have given the next dose (too soon to the last) had I not called his doctor and get lab work requested if they were giving it that soon. The nurse then decided to wait appropriate amount of time between doses for that medication. The medication being given can cause damage if the concentration is too high in blood. When I met with head of nursing and admissions on this--they basically threw the nurse under the bus and took no responsibility for the error. They had no answers. I honestly didn't get the feeling that they thought it was a big deal. His doctor was in complete disbelief about the error AND their response. My father was able to take a shower ONE time the entire time he was there (8 days). He requested numerous times for days and they kept putting him off. If wheeling yourself to the desk begging for a shower gets you ONE in a week--I'm not sure what happens to the poor people that cannot ask and are bound to their bed. The meals served are pathetic and not even well balanced and healthy. I witnessed numerous people complaining through the week about the lack of care they were getting for their family member. I encourage anyone considering this facility to go and walk through the halls, spend time there--look at the people, how they are cared for, what the employees are doing, look at the food--do not just go off of the people that talk to you that get you in there or the pretty decor. Since I have left, I have heard of 3 other people with huge complaints about this facility and I'm sure there are many more. The doctor that calls on the people there was great (he is there weekly and his PA there more often)--and there were 2 good nurses and 1 good physical therapist in those 8 days. The other 95% of the interaction that he (and I) had with the employees was beyond disappointing. Know your rights and know that you have choices when being transitioned into skilled nursing facilities. Do not be fooled by administration--there is no accountability or supervision of anything going on in this building. Charting the wrong medication and time given is a mistake that could kill a person. Had I not been there to question it, they would have given the next dose to him too soon and it could have been toxic to him. Places like this need to be held accountable for the lack of care they are giving as they make money off of medicare!

qiggy October 15, 2015

The physical and occupational therapy people are wonderful and worked wonders. Nurses were spread thin and too rushed to provide the level of help needed, but they tried. The administration made promises that were not kept and communication between them was non-existent; everyone just pointed to someone else. A "complimentary" haircut was charged instead. After signing forms and being promised they would test for dementia, it never happened and no one would answer any questions regarding it. At checkout, some clothes were never returned. The front desk acted like everything was an imposition. After being promised a private room and told one was never available, a new admission was put right into one because she had some pull. Incontintence for the first time was not addressed and she was told to just pee in her diaper. The brightest star in the place was the head of maintenance who went out of his way to help.

SusanMac October 12, 2015

If minus stars were available I would click them.

Worst nursing home/rehab center I've ever seen, and with elderly family I've seen many. A few RNs are quite nice and caring, however you see very little of them. The staff that comes to check when you've rang the button...well, that is when they so show up, appear irritated that you've asked for help for your elderly relative. Wailing elderly begging for help go ignored. Your family member will too. Food is gross most meals and the food staff is down right rude.

The Director comes off as impressive, as does the Head Nurse, but staff communication is so poor that it turns out to be empty promises and an excellent sell job,

If you love your family member, want them in a caring, watchful home, this isn't it!

The Adam Family September 13, 2015

I couldn't have been more pleased with the level of care from the nurses and staff. They made everything effortless and comfortable for the short stay of my mother-in-law. Everyone was polite and took the time to stop what they were doing to help or answer a question. Everyone was very sympathetic and even saddened with us when the moment came.

Txsuze July 18, 2015

This is a terrible place! I wouldn't let my dog stay here. Both staff and administration are horrific! Nothing "caring" or "graceful" about them. Moving my mom out of here was the best decision we made!

Alice33 November 30, 2014

We picked Grace Care because it was right up the street from where I live and where my son lives. We found that they were very, very nice. The staff was excellent, and my ex-husband had very nice care there. They commuted him back and forth to the doctors if we couldn't make it, which was very nice of them. Actually, he was discharged from there when he went into a hospital, and then they took him back. They helped me with all of my stuff and also set me up with a guardian, which are the in-home therapy people that are coming to take care of him. We were very happy with them. The place was very clean, and the staff seemed to know everybody by name. I think their physical therapy room should have a little more equipment in it. They did have quite a few physical therapists, but I thought I would see the walking treadmill and stuff, but I didn't. But other than that, everything else was fine.

Tomball October 09, 2014

I was in the Grace Facility and it was wonderful. The staff was caring, food was excellent, and Rehab helped me get home! Excellent facility to care for me! I would go back again. God Bless them.

Troy1 August 07, 2014

We toured Grace Care Center. The grounds were fine. The facility was nice and clean. The staff was friendly. However, it was expensive. I would recommend it to others, if they could afford it.

Angelsfromabove June 03, 2013

My mom has been in this facility for 3 weeks for rehab. Knowing what I know now I would not even trust my dog to be cared for properly here. No one, including the administrator, has a clue what is going on with the patients. My mom can use the rest room with some assistance. On numerous occasions she has been told to "go to the bathroom in her pants, and they will change her later". My mother was so upset. They are stripping the patients of their dignity. We talked to several "people in charge about my Mom's care. They agreed to do certain things like assist her in the bathroom, to give her meds a certain way, but when we would show up the next day someone else was on duty and she was being told to go to the bathroom in her pants again. There is NO COMMUNICATION among the staff. Taking 30 plus minutes to come into a patient's room after they ring the bell is unacceptable!!!!!!! They even lost my Mom's clothes. My siblings visit my Mom twice a day to make sure she is being cared for. I feel sorry for the people who have no one checking to make sure they are being cared for properly. I would NEVER put a loved one in this facility again .

heart broken in texas November 17, 2011

If your loved one can speak, walk, feed themselves, they might make it, if not they won't because they are not a facility that handles high maintence residents. Don't be fooled by the chandliers. It's all about money. You have to visit everyday to make sure they are eating/bathing/etc....they will not.

About Grace Care Center At Northpointe

Grace Care Center At Northpointe is a nursing home in Tomball, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Grace Care Center At Northpointe for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Grace Care Center At Northpointe

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Grace Care Center At Northpointe