Top nearby Nursing Homes:

Reviews of Lorien Mays Chapel

Posted by jhualum July 17, 2015

My 90 year old Dad was admitted here for rehab care after congestive heart failure and severe leg edema required two back to back (almost) hospitalizations. He has been at Lorien a week, which seems much longer because he has improved so much.
So first I need to say that I have never seen a more outstanding physical/occupational therapy facility. The equipment is state of the art. More importantly, the therapists are highly skilled and knowledgeable about geriatric clients, and are there daily from 730 to 430. Several. Daily. By now I have seen just about every patient on the 3rd floor, where my Dad is, working to regain mobility, range of motion, stamina and more.
The nursing and other staff are friendly, caring, and very communicative and interactive with residents, family, and each other. This nursing center seems "over staffed" most of the time, which is a good thing, and everyone seems to take pride in what they do. The food is served in a dining room with silver, China and stemware, or in the cute little bistro where staff eats at counters. The food is good, choices are available, no repetition in a weeks time.
So back to my Dad. He is healthier than he has been in months. He is being challenged mentally and physically. He expects to return home to independent living (and golf) but at the moment he is truly enjoying learning how this might be accomplished. Tops on his list? Returning here for PT as an outpatient. He has also expressed interest in the at-home health monitoring services provided via remote link.
I truly hope your experience at Lorien Mays Chapel is similar to ours!

Posted by Disappointed Family Member August 09, 2013
1.0

My mom had such a scary time there that when I took her her to her 6 week appt they carted her of to the ER. How did my Mom end up with MRSA e.coli and a urine infection all at once at her wound? How did my Mom end up with a compression fracture in her back? How did my Mom get a blood clot on her spine? --rough treatment? I visited her every day but not 24 hours each day. Mom ended up at another place. She is now with me but wheelchair bound. Only 77yo and life as she knew it is over. So much for rehab after surgery

Posted by seps May 28, 2013
2.0

Although the facility looks nice and the food is decent, all good ends there. The very poor attitude of staff translates to poor care. I would not put another loved one or friend here. Look elsewhere.

Posted by JoeO May 09, 2013

We've visited Lorien Mays Chapel twice and were impressed with the facility and the professionalism and care of the staff. The facility is clean, well appointed, the program has a range of activities, and the food looks decent.

Posted by Ladyinred April 02, 2012
1.0

Although this facility is 'pretty' to look at, the nursing/aides staff leave much to be desired. Very uncaring attitudes, unfriendly (a few of them were kind...very few), toileting issues, lack of staff concern, personal/bathing care was horrible. We alerted multiple supervisors with no change in conditions. The therapists were great but my mother was not making progress. I would NOT recommend Lorien to anyone until they can understand what quality care means. I was hugely disappointed in this facility.

Posted by barbarabar July 27, 2011
2.0

While we met caring, competent people here, by and large 50% of the time my mother did not receive adequate care during her rehab say following a broken hip. I had to clean her up from toileting problems almost every day unless one specific aide was on duty. They did not work with us to manage her symptoms and did not provide family centered rehab care "because of confidentiality issues". The facility is lovely, the food acceptable, activity therapists were lovely to my mother.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 215351

Health
3.0
Overall
3.0
Quality