Westchester Care Center

6100 South Rural Rd, Tempe, AZ, 85283

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Westchester Care Center

Caring84349950 July 22, 2014

Frankly, I have nothing good to say about Westchester Care Center. It's an older facility, and in the room that mom was in, the walls were all banged up. The beds were old. There are four people sharing the same bathroom. I don't think the staff was caring. There was no nurturing in their environment. I recommend that people stay away from this place.

mathman40 June 13, 2012

I had placed my wife in a private home when her Alzheimer's got to the point that I could no longer take care of her by myself. She got pneumonia and was sent to Westchester for rehab. It was such a perfect place I chose to leave her there. The staff in Westchester are absolutely wonderful. They are caring and loving to my wife. My wife is treated as part of the family even though she really has no idea what is going on any longer. I am so pleased with the care she receives.

informant March 14, 2012

I had the opportunity to have hands-on experience at Westchester Care Center when I was performing my clinical hours for my nursing assistant certification. The majority of the staff is very dedicated to their work. They take great pride in the care they deliver to their patients. Some of the nursing staff displayed signs of lack of enthusiasm for their job, which was negatively reflected in their level of care provided to their patients. The rooms were always kept very neat and orderly by all nursing staff. All nursing staff displayed competency to work there. The facility was great at maintaining the daily schedule. The facility provided a few extra curricular activities for residents, but I feel more could be provided. The Alzheimer's Unit is filled with wonderful nursing staff. They are what I feel make Westchester Care Center a great place for someone to consider moving in to.

From Westchester Care Center

Westchester Campus of Care has served Tempe and the surrounding communities by providing services and continuing care for those in need. Conveniently located on a major thoroughfare in a friendly residential neighborhood, Westchester is a gracious residence that offers a home-like atmosphere and a kind and experienced staff. For rehabilitative care, we are in close proximity to three major hospitals and multiple care providers, making it an excellent choice for individuals recovering from illness or injury.

We provide a Physician led team encompassing Nursing, Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy, Social Services, Therapeutic Recreation and Nutritional Services.

Caring for the needs of those with memory loss provides a remarkable opportunity for ministry and has become one of Westchester's most highly respected programs.

Home Health at Westchester provides skilled nursing directed by the attending physician. Our skilled nursing staff are on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week and work closely with all members of the health care team to identify client-specific goals and outcomes.

Features of Westchester Care Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Westchester Care Center