Care One At Teaneck

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Care One At Teaneck

be warned January 19, 2017

Other

They referred a client to our assisted living facility. Despite having screened her before she moved, we did not know - and CareOne did not tell us - that she had a serious psychological disorder and was violent. CareOne certainly knew this, but did not tell us - she seemed nonviolent b/c she was drugged into lethargy there. At other times, whether it is to call, or even to visit, the staff all seem to have the attitude of "I don't know, I don't care, it's not my job, whether it is the receptionist or a floor nurse. Do not place anyone at this place. It should lose any accreditation it has.

Nevereveragain October 10, 2016

My mother went into Care One in Teaneck with high hopes of getting back to where she was physically before a short stint in the hospital. Worst decision we could have made! She was there for an entire week before being seen by a doctor. During the first night she rang the alarm to go to the bathroom but no one came in and she had to go on her own...without the use of a walker because she was not given one yet. She had gotten up four times that night on her own. We complained the next day when we found out and she was given a walker. She has been on anxiety medication for some time and takes it two times a day...at times she had to ask for it instead of getting it automatically causing more anxiety for her. She had nebulizer treatments three times a day. One to two out of three times, the mask was placed on her face (for 15 minutes) but no one came back in to remove the mask or turn the very loud machine off. When a family member was there we removed it and shut off the machine. The food was just awful. They must have gotten a deal on veal because it was on the menu everyday for about six days in a row and was not very good. After she was there a week, we began to ask how much longer she would be there. We noticed each day that she was getting weaker and walking much, much slower. We asked if we could walk her in the hall to help strengthen her legs but was told no since she was on oxygen. When we asked when she would be discharged they said they have to monitor her oxygen. We asked what more has to be done...they had her numbers and already knew she needed the oxygen at home. We were pointing out that she was in better shape before she was admitted. This place was suppose to strengthen her but the opposite happened. She could barely get out of bed! We insisted that she be discharged since it was apparent that this facility was of no use for her. After she was home we realized we needed a walker (the one we borrowed from a family member did not fit thru the bathroom door) and a commode. I called Care One and was told by a therapist that they would not assist in getting the items since they did not discharge her. We had to purchase the items from a pharmacy which were quite expensive. I know people say that these facilities keep patients as long as they can to keep billing Medicare....now I agree!

robster November 27, 2015

Rating 4.5* My mother is at the facility in rehab. Overall, staff is very caring and friendly. Food a bit bland at times, but you'll get a delicious dish here and there. The place has activities to keep residents engaged. Nursing attention is good (B+), and would consider if had to keep my mom there. Negatives - parking is valet during peak times, and scheduled appt 3 weeks ago for haircut for mother and still has not happened.

beautifulsunrise September 14, 2015

I came here as a patient April 1st, 2015 from Hackensack Hospital and the experience that I had I could not express to you. I was in room 222. I had a huge surgery on my right leg and was unable to walk in both legs. I was 9 weeks in a wheel chair but the faith and the help from my nurses and therapists, I was able to walk again. They gave me all the positive motiviation I needed to come back to life. The energetic attitude and all the help helped me mentally and physicially. I believe that Care One at Teaneck is one of the best facilities in the world. I was discharged May 27th to my own home with no tears in my eyes, I left with a big smile and a positive attitude. They taught me how to find myself again. With my full recovery here Care One at Teaneck it is a miracle for me to leave the way I did with being in so much pain. Thank you for the whole team that works at Care One in Teaneck, doctors nurses therapists and the kitchen for the food it was always great

Mamas Girl September 12, 2014

Do not put your loved ones here.My poor Mother was given a dose of insulin which was not for her and she went into shock was hospitalized..When I went to remove her clothing from the facility I learned that the aide gave her the woman in the next bed insulin..I complained and was told they were sorry..I then requested my mothers clothes taht they packed up as soon as they knew she would not be going there..and when I went to retrive them they had me myself sort through piles of plastic bags with no names on them in the basement,as they were to busy to help me...This place is terrible they are only interested in MONEY.......

brendalizmatos May 19, 2014

I have to say when this place started, it had its problems. But as a family member that had their grandmother their more than once it has improved tremendously. The administration has really worked on everything and everyone in there, it clearly shows. Therapy is one of it's best, really got my grandmother where she needed to be. Nursing staff, even though sometime overwhelmed really care and helped her through whatever her issues. All you have to do is tell them if something was bothering you, and they were on it like white on rice. They would talk to every department to make sure that any issues I had with my grandmother were fixed immediately. Directors even sometimes gave me their cell phone number to make sure everything went well with my grandmothers stay. This is clearly a place that is focused on care and doing anything to make it a better place. Course there are some things that go wrong, but if you speak up they are amazing! Would recommend this place to anyone after my grandmother stay!

flyonwall November 13, 2013

I was a patient at Care One for 7 weeks and received excellent care. If there was a problem, you just had to mention it , and they tried their best to resolve it. The new administration, under the direction if Ari is improving constantly. Their goal is to make this a top rated facility and it shows. I will always be grateful to the nursing staff, aides, Food Service staff, pt and OT and Clergy for their consistent attention to my welfare. Care One is Number One in my book!

Ivee July 07, 2013

My mother's two-week stay post-hospitalization for congestive heart failure and pneumonia was a nightmare. She was overdosed on oxygen, neglected by staff members, prescribed incorrect medications, and did not regularly get her compression stockings to prevent blood clots. One day, the patient in the next bed got the compression stockings. Less than two weeks into her stay at the facility, she was rushed back to the hospital with massive blood clots in her legs (which she did not have before her stint at Care One). Records are kept haphazardly in loose leaf notebooks, almost no one seems to know what they are doing; the staff is sometimes openly hostile, and the food is just awful. Turns out they've just lost their Aetna Medicare certification. Do your elderly loved one a favor and steer clear of this place.

Caring 0307 June 25, 2013

Before my dad went into a hospice, he stayed in Care One at Teaneck for a couple of months. It was a very good facility. Their staff were very nice and very capable. They were very caring to my father during his short stay there. Sadly my father passed away just this April.

Veronica Carrasco March 22, 2013

Other

horrible place ,dirty they have lice I write this because I do not body have to suffer what we did it

Ada'sMadness June 13, 2012

Clean bldg.,respectful staff, however ,Nurses are spread too thin in sub acute care unit . Doctors are invisible, unless you get there at 6:30 A.M. and look for them ,and then still ,their services are at limited due to their patient load. Unfortunately this seems to be pervasive in most sub acute and long term care facilities. Physical therapists were competent and caring.Overall , the Management was responsive to my Mom's many needs and requests until she left after about after a month .

unhappyfamilymember January 28, 2012

Care One in teaneck has only one main concern that is getting as much money as they possibly can during your stay with them. The few nurses there who do work are too busy to provide individual care. The rest do as little as they possibly can especially the night nurses. Some of the nurses even refuse to help if they are asked for care. My grandmother once asked for a glass of water following her medication and the nurse on staff actually refused. The doctors are incompetent and hide behind protocol instead of providing care for the needs of the patients. If you do not have someone visiting the patient every hour of every day they will receive absolutely zero care. Their physical therapy is overcrowded and loud. My grandmother was there after her knee replacement and they blatantly refused to let her use a cpm machine, which she was required to use in order to speed up her recovery.

SandyC0111 January 04, 2012

My Mom was in this facility and I worried about her everyday. We went there because it was close to home. The staff was extremely unattentive. Meals were cold when served. No one around to answer questions or would just ignore you when standing at the nurses' station. My Mom broke her arm there and was never taken to the hospital. I cringe anytime I hear of Care One in Teaneck.

About Care One At Teaneck

Care One At Teaneck is a nursing home in Teaneck, NJ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Care One At Teaneck for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Care One At Teaneck

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: