NEED HELP FINDING OR CHOOSING A SENIOR HELP ADVISOR?

Talk to an advisor for free: (866) 515-8248

Reviews of Tarpon Bayou Center

Posted by Jo21 May 13, 2015
4.0

The director at Tarpon Bayou Center took us around and showed us what he liked as far as the view and the scenery. He seemed to be friendly with the patients and knew them by their first names. He was serious but cordial. This guy was going to give us all the time that we needed, and I was very impressed. My husband and I both said that it was our favorite.

It seemed a little crowded and a little noisy at the time, but we came right after the lunch hour. People were out in the hall, but we didn’t have any trouble getting around. It was nice around there, and I could see that there will be something to see besides a parking lot. Every time we go some place -- like to the rehab area -- we were introduced to the person who was in charge there. It really is welcoming.

Posted by Deborah104132550 January 09, 2015
1.0

They are not doing their job at the Tarpon Bayou Center, and I am tired of it. They are not taking care of me. The facility is horrible. It needs painting, it is old-looking, and it is ugly. The staff is also horrible. They are very mean and vindictive, and they keep you away from your meds.

Posted by VilmaR May 28, 2014

my mother is a resident there going on 3yrs i found this location by a referral from a friend, i had visited other nursing home in the area but some had a 3 or 4 yr wainting list and when i went to this nursing home they were able to take her in the same day. It was clean open. the place wasnt filled with alot patient only two in a room where one location visited had 4 and 6 in one room. my mother has dementia and i couldnt not take care of her. I have no complaints about the loction and the staff their are very caring, nice respectful, the first night my mother got to the location their was a employee who went out of her way to make sure she was okay and comforable and till this day she looks out for my mother, my mother only speaks spanish and at first their was about 2 hispanic employee that in the whole facilty and they would go out of their way to check up on her and make sure she is well taken care of and know the facility has hired additional bilingual employee. The location is great, the food ok.

Posted by John80882250 April 22, 2014

I haven't found anything bad with Tarpon Bayou Center so far. The food is very good. They clean, bathe, and feed my wife, and so far they're really good. The staff is great. The personnel is really good, and the place is nice and clean. It doesn't smell. The security is very good. They treat her well. I'm very comfortable with her being there.

Posted by Paula11 July 25, 2013
2.0

I've stayed at Tarpon Bayou Center for seven months. I was misdiagnosed with dementia so I was in their locked down dementia ward. I was in with the people who are suicidal maniacs and it was very dangerous. I had to stay in a wheelchair because they would run into your legs and you would literally end up with broken legs. They were also treating me like an 80 year old, but I'm 20 years younger than that. The whole thing was kind of a fiasco. The place wasn't all bad. Their food was good. The staff were fine and it seems like they are doing their job.

Posted by dc2464 September 01, 2012
1.0

My father was sent to this home, from the hospice It has to be the worst place i have ever seen dirty, there rehab is a storage room with pipe mounted from the floor that they wheel my dad up to stand and sit thats it. I got a call 2 weeks after he got there saying he had a 105 temp, which means to me they did not pay much attention, he died later that night. when I would visit there people out in the hall who look likde zombies, the place is a dump

Posted by Sandy Speech September 01, 2011
4.0

This facility offers a family-like atmosphere to residents with caring nurses, caregivers and staff who are professionals with compassion. An older building that has been recently remodeled to include a beautiful outdoor deck and dock right on the Gulf of Mexico with spectacular sunset views and outdoor activities, including dining and fishing! The therapy department offers PT, OT and SLP rehabilitation to residents in a caring and friendly therapy gym. Award winning therapists get patients stronger and increase safety awareness, cognition and confidence! Not the biggest or newest facility, but definitely a one-of-a-kind place with a home-like environment.

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 105280

Health
3.0
Overall
4.0
Quality