South Tampa Health and Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of South Tampa Health and Rehabilitation Center

December 12, 2014

By enlightened

Other

I have had family in this facility over the years and if there were another affordable we would have had them moved there. Sad to say for the money affordable it's the best place in Tampa at this time. However, it is also completely untrained, understaffed, confused, unmanaged, uncoordinated and the director has no idea what patient care means he only cares about the "looks" of the place and getting more people to come in....once in he has no idea what is going on in the place. Home if possible is the best answer but, the rehab dept. is very good......................

November 10, 2014

By Richard James

My stepfather was in this facility for 2 years and 9 months. They took him to a hospital to revaluate his meds. After the evaluation they refused to take him back. The hospital told me the term is DUMPING. Beware if they call and tell you your family member needs to go to the hospital.

November 14, 2011

By virtual reader

I visited South Tampa Health & Rehabilitation Center and noticed as I pulled into the parking area that there was ample spaces to park for employees and visitors. The plants and grass outside was not as well cared for as they could be, but the parking certainly made up for that. When I walked up to the entrance of the facility I noticed many residents sitting around in wheel chairs smoking and just looking a little rough for wear. Several of the men were not clean shaven and there was a strong body odor smell before entering the doors to the facility. When I walked inside noticed that the front reception area was fairly clean but when walking down the halls noticed strong urine odors. The rooms each had 2 residents per room and each room had a bathroom to share. The rooms, hallways and dinning room were a very bland color and I think the place could certainly use some bright paint and pictures to brighten up the facility and the residents. I arrived just as lunch was being served so was able to get a good look at the resident meals, which did not look to be too tasty and I noticed many of the residents left a good bit of food on their trays uneaten. I would certainly not recommend this facility to anyo

Features of South Tampa Health and Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About South Tampa Health and Rehabilitation Center

South Tampa Health and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Tampa, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact South Tampa Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of South Tampa Health and Rehabilitation Center