Palm Garden Of Tampa

3612 E 138thAve, Tampa, FL, 33613

Reviews of Palm Garden Of Tampa

Tampajan August 23, 2015

My mom passed away yesterday. She was 91 and had dementia. She had a partial hip break. She evaluated at the hospital to see if she could go to this rehab facility. She entered TG last Friday. Her bed did not have rails all the way as it did in the hospital. She got up at night and walked to the hall. The nurses gave her a chair since she did not want to go back to bed. On Monday evening , I got a call saying she was not responsive. The ambulance took her to the ER. She was dehydrated, had a high fever, had not eaten, had sepsis, urinary tract infection that had spread to the blood, and bilateral lower lobe pneumonia. She was rigid. They thought she had had a stroke. She had not had one. Until my mom was not responsive , they did not call the hospital/ambulance. I do not recommend this facility. The ER doctor brought mom back to being hydrated and her fever down. She never regained consciousness. They did not feed her and cut up her food as they had previously in the hospital. Not a good place if you have dementia and can not take care of yourself. What is really bothersome is, mom said to me on the phone. "No, no" in a whisper. I asked what did she mean. She said "Bad, it's bad." I asked what was bad. She responded, "they don't like me here." I was in NC. My dad and sister were in town.. I called them. Since my mom had dementia, we thought she may have been dreaming, and she may have been dreaming. The next day, I called. The nurse said she slept all the time. Then I got a call that she was not responsive, with fever, pneumonia , dehydrated, etc. at least the wonderful ER doc did his best, whishich more than I can say for Palm Gardens! If you are healthy and need rehab, they are probably fine. This is not a place for dementia patients.

Erika8 April 25, 2015

Palm Garden smells good. The staff is very friendly. The rooms are very clean. They do have quite a few activities. They have rehab, they have something for memory, they have social like bingo and bible study, and there are all kinds of activities in the afternoon. My husband is in there right now. He is in a shared room, and it is clean. I eat lunch with my husband every day, and it is very good. The dining room is nice. It is like a restaurant. They ask you what you want, and they serve you. I am satisfied with the care. I have looked at other places, but this the best.

formerresidentsfamily February 18, 2015

Most of the nurses & techs were nice. We had a few that were our favorites. We feel they were understaffed & didn't respond in a timely fashion. If you want your loved one cared for properly, you need to be there on a daily basis to check on them! Some may need hourly monitoring! BEWARE! Keep close track of your loved ones finances and do not have their mail sent there! They will open their mail and cash checks made out to them even when they don't have permission. Monitor your loved ones diet, medications, & ask questions regarding when they were bathed. PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE YOUR LOVED ONE UNLESS YOU ARE COMMITTED TO CHECKING ON THEM AT LEAST AN HOUR A DAY & ASK YOUR LOVED ONE ABOUT THEIR CARE WHILE YOU ARE NOT THERE! ASK CAREGIVERS QUESTIONS TO SEE HOW FAMILIAR THEY ARE WITH YOUR LOVED ONES NEEDS!

Bob Guenthner October 27, 2014

Recently I had Triple Bypass Surgery at Florida Hospital on Oct. 14th, 2014. On Tuesday, 10/22/14 I was transferred to Palm Garden of Tampa for rehabiltation. I have now been here one week and I must say my treatment has been good. The staff is caring and effiecient in their duties. While no nursing home is perfect, this place is pretty darn good!

rgi1899 October 14, 2013

My father was sent here by the hospital against our wishes. He was there to recover after hip surgery. He was left unattended, fell out of his chair and dislocated his new hip socket. They didn't call us and we discovered the hip less than a minute after their quack of a doctor just examined him. We called 911 and everyone hid. We had to let the paramedics in. The place stunk so bad of fecal matter during the shift change that was going on at the same time I had to leave the hallway to catch my breath.

caring0723113 August 01, 2013

We didn't like Palm Garden of Tampa because of the way they are treating my dad. My father almost died when he was there. I had been telling them that something was wrong and they kept telling me that it was just mini strokes and I knew it wasn't because he kept holding his stomach. He wasn't happy there.

CBall7411 December 07, 2011

After the experiences we had at another nursing facility (I wrote a review on that one previously), Palm Gardens of Tampa was outstanding! The home was so clean and cheerful. They had wonderful activities for the residents, may with fun themes that the older people enjoyed. It was obvious the staff members enjoyed their work and were not over-burdened by too many patients with too few staff. They were quick to respond to the call button and mom never stayed in a wet or dirty diaper for long. They would take time to visit with her and go out of their way to make sure she was comfortable. The nurses were always willing to answer any questions we had and were quick to note even the smallest change in mom's condition. We also appreciated the recreation room which had plenty of toys and games (so that our grandkids were not bored when we brought them for a visit). There were even times when the staff would bring things for the grandkids to play with when mom was unable to leave her room and the kids would start getting bored. The home even has a special event once a year to remember those who have passed away.

From Palm Garden Of Tampa

Located in beautiful north-west Tampa, near the world renowned University Community Hospital, Palm Garden of Tampa is located near many attractions

• Busch Gardens theme park
  • the University of South Florida
  • many other fine institutions make life in this area much more enjoyable for our residents.
Our qualified staff is further enhanced by our nursing centers reputation as a teaching facility. We are the host to no less than four clinical education programs training Nursing Assistants, Registered and Practical Nurses and Physical Therapists.

Features of Palm Garden Of Tampa

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Palm Garden Of Tampa