Carrollwood Care Center

15002 Hutchinson Rd, Tampa, FL, 33625

Reviews of Carrollwood Care Center

Ron26 May 30, 2014

Mom fell, and she's in a nursing home now. It's Carrollwood Care Center. This was also a long-term care facility. We looked at 2 or 3 different ones, and I like that one. The staff is really good. They treat her well. Most of them seem to be very helpful. They have plenty of staff members there. The place is clean. I can't say that the food is great, but it's not bad. She shares a room. It's pretty nice, and it's adequate.

They have all kinds of games for them. They playe bingo. They take them out to restaurants once a week, or bowling if they're capable. They have a beauty shop there. They try their best to keep them active all the time. They have a dining room. The dining room is pretty nice, like the rest of the area. It's not a new facility, but it's clean and it's adequate. That's the main thing. She's been there about two and a half months now.

seasca October 28, 2013

This nursing home is above average but is not excellent. I don't think any nursing home is excellent. Carrollwood is very nice.nursing home. It does have a little clinical feel to it. 2 beds per room, although there are a handful of single bed rooms, dividing curtain in between the beds. Nursing home has a extremely caring nursing staff. The CNA's for the most part are great. Like most nursing homes that have medicaid beds inside at times it is a bit short staffed, especially on the weekends. Their goal is to be checking on the residents that are bed ridden about every 2 hours or so, that happens about 75-80% of the time. There are those times when it is longer than that. My Father is a resident here and his wife, myself (his son), and my wife all take turns so that the only time that he is alone is during the 3rd shift. The staff take good care of Dad, regular hygiene, shower once a week, bed bath once a week, and regular washing up of him. I have had regular interaction with the administration which is strongly encouraged. Dad has regular care plan meeting to discuss any concerns that we have about his care or concerns that the nursing home has with Dad. The business office staff has been a pleasure to deal with and is very very helpful. The nursing home has an excellent kitchen and dietary department. Meals are not repeated very regularly which is very nice. Housekeeping and the laundry departments are on top of things also.

There were other nursing homes that my Father could have ended up at which I have learned are not as nice as where my Father is, so I am very thankful for my Father being a resident at Carrollwood Care Center.

PSDJ June 21, 2012

My fellow church members and I are part of a group that monthly visits the Carrollwood Care center in the Tampa area. It has kept this facility so clean and bright, nice smelling, newly decorated - all of these things mean a lot - but mostly, the caring and upbeat staff. We routinely go into the rooms of the residents to visit them unannounced when it is their birthday month, to say hello and bring them a small gift. Those who have been battling Alzheimers and other cognitive and otherwise physical impairments are cared for as well as cared about. Many are alone otherwise in the world due to the fact that their family or friends have all passed. It does not seem like a depressing "end of the road" place. My mother in law, by contrast, lives in another state in a place that is none of the above and we would love to have her here and closer to us. This facility is the one we would choose. She unfortunately refuses to come, as she is from the small town where she is now "confined". It is somehow familiar. But this place, literally, is where we would have our own mother/mother in law if it were up to us.

Lady Ganache April 08, 2012

Very clean facility & very caring staff. My husband was there for 30 days for rehab after surgery. They were very accommodating. Good food and wonderful experience under the circumstances.

About Carrollwood Care Center

Carrollwood Care Center is a nursing home in Tampa, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Carrollwood Care Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Carrollwood Care Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Carrollwood Care Center