Heartland of Tamarac Nursing Home

Top Nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Heartland of Tamarac | Nursing Home

January 20, 2016

By Remy Simon

My husband is there and if I want to be sure he is taking care of, I need to be there as long as possible. The place looks wonderful, sparkling, no bad odor but that is all. No care, no consideration for the patient, no answer when you are asking for help, etc... Please, do not sent people you love there and even the one you do not like. It is ashamed this place is still opened.

September 13, 2015

By sos22

Negligent and uncaring staff for the most part. Every day there is a new issue and trying to find someone to help is impossible because no one takes responsibility for anything. If you want the director or director of nursing find them standing outside smoking.

August 07, 2015

By grossedoutbymannorcare

This place is disgusting! First off my mother's room is filthy and things are broken like the wardrobe and bed clips. There are crumbs on the floor and in the drawers which ants are crawling on and eating. Can i attach pics? She was admitted and put in a room and the nurse went on break before giving her any water, meds, food or ice packs to ice her injury. The staff takes forever to come and i have seen some people wet themselves waiting then have to wait even longer to be changed. The nurses move your personal things around, adjust you and your medical apparatuses, and even move you where you ask to go based on there whim. I am so disgusted.

April 15, 2015

By Lcl41178

My mother was there for a very miserable few days. I had her transfered. I would NEVER recommend this place to anyone. I wouldn't send my dog there. The staff showed no compassion to my mother at all. The CNA didn't know how to put my mothers Bi Pap machine on my mom. They also "forgot" to put it on her 2 nights in a row. My mother almost died once before because she went without her Bi Pap machine. Please take my advice and look for ANY other place but Heartland of Tamarac.

March 18, 2015

By Handimom

My brother is in this facility as I write this. I can not give this facility a favorable rating as there are too many negative experiences to list them all here. (I had to give at least one star to be able to post this review.) From ignoring the patient's cries for help to jerking the nurse's call button from the hand of the patient and throwing it on the floor because the nurse is "too busy to come running every time you want something". The calls are not returned from the social worker, who is "the only person I can get information from", in a timely manner. The patient is asked important questions regarding his care and expected to perform physical therapy while under strong pain medications. But when the patient complains about anything, he is ignored as being not able to accurately identify his needs. The family/care partner is not consulted regarding care or discharge. The nurse in charge only follows orders regardless of the condition of the patient. IE: my brother had a badly inflamed upper arm above the IV port the hospital had installed. He had complained of pain to the nurse who said she couldn't do anything about it because the hospital had ordered it. I showed it to the nurse who said she would have to wait until morning to call the doctor! She ultimately removed it that night, at my insistence, but if I hadn't seen it, my brother would have suffered further injury to his health. I am extremely disappointed in this facility. It is not the first Rehab Center he has been in, and while there are similar, unavoidable occurrences like these at all of them, this one has had an unacceptable amount of negative ones. If you are in the position that we were in, having no other choice but Heartland of Tamarac available to place your loved one into, I recommend that you stay with your family member as much as possible during their stay.

February 02, 2015

By joyceparano

My mom was sent there last week for few days.i am being honest I would not send my dog to that rehab The call button doesn't work, they don't give you your meds unless you ask for them.if your elderly how are they going to remember, to ask about meds,when my moms sugar was 350 nurse wasn't in rush to get her in diabetes meds all I know is this if you want good care for your loved one don't put them there. They have no coffee, tea ,water after 6 pm god forbid your loved one was hungry answer was go to 711 seriously not even tea. hot water..lady in bed next to my mom stayed in bed no one came to check her she didn't move.horrible horrible place.if you want your love one to be sicker then they were before went in. Don't send them there I am being truthful

April 15, 2014

By concernedaboutmydad

I do not recommend this facility. My father was here on 3 different occasions in the past few years. Most recently the staff was slow to respond and incompetent. The food is terrible as well. Personal items were stolen from my Dad as well. My father is well aware of his health conditions, is alert and doesn't have memory issues. Thank goodness, because he had to help the staff to be sure the care he was getting would not cause adverse effects.

July 24, 2013

By Husband 0024

My wife was in Heartland for rehab. It was a very nice facility with nice people working there. She's been there before and she's comfortable there. They have activities like bingo, cards and physical therapy. They could improve on the quality of the food and a quicker response to the needs of the patients.

Features of Heartland of Tamarac

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Heartland of Tamarac

Heartland of Tamarac is a nursing home in Tamarac, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Heartland of Tamarac for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Heartland of Tamarac