Manor Care of Tacoma Wa

2.8

March 23, 2014

By Maddy466

Other

I had my father in this place twice...first time everyone was on top of it social worker helped......the second time has been aweful!!! Would not put him back again. Most staff were uncaring ...there was a couple we liked. Social worker was not helpful. Was hard seeing people that needed help in dining room not get asst with eating and when they did help they just rushed it. To many other things to list all.

December 05, 2012

By rw4

Very disappointed. Most of the staff was rude and unhelpful. Because I was out of town, I was not able to be there but had other family members there daily. I called daily and actually had one nurse basically accuse me of putting my job first! After 10 days my spouse was discharged without us being notified! On top of that, within a week or so of coming home he was diagnoised with the C-diff infection which was a several month battle. Of all the staff, only 1 treated my husband with respect and dignity. Calls went unanswered when he needed help. If I ever need a nursing home, you better never send me there!

October 16, 2012

By Grandmahadagreatstay!!!

I have to say that ManorCare of Tacoma is one of the CLEANEST if not the CLEANEST nursing homes in Tacoma. I have been to many nursing homes as i am a provider for home health agency, my family placed our grandmother there. She had the best rehab any facility could provide, the gym is huge, nice bright and clean, with a large therapy department. Staff are very friendly from the kitchen to housekeeping to nursing. Grandmother even got a rehab grad shirt when she was done with her rehab for her hip! This nursing home is very intune with families, patients, concerns etc...i would highly recommend this facility to anyone without hesitation. P.S. i don't usually type reviews but after reading the review from the other guy i knew i had to post in favor of this great building.

January 21, 2012

By GrandsonGuy

I was extremely disappointed with Manor Care of Tacoma in regards to my care provided to my grandmother, who was a resident at this facility for over a year. While I appreciate the extreme difficulty in providing services to the elderly, there were several instances of extremely poor service, and frankly, inexcusable actions by staff. First, I have been to many "homes" over the year, and I have never been to one that smelled worse than this one. The smell of urine was occasionally overwhelming in this facility, especially during the winter months.Second, there was very little recreation at this facility. When visiting my grandmother, it was usually necessary to take her elsewhere in order to get any sort of activity. After her mobility became impaired, it was impossible to remove her from the grounds. Small, depressing and boring? Check. Third, the care providers at this facility were all over this place: some of them were incredibly helpful, caring people. Others seemed completely indifferent to our requests, and after making discussions with them they would disappear. Last, and this was the most upsetting, my grandmother's affairs were not respected after her passing. I was unfortunately out of town at the time, but returned two days later and had my last and most disagreeable visit to Manor Care. All of my grandmother's belongings were supposed to have been removed from her room and placed in storage for me to retrieve. When I arrived, I was asked to wait while they searched for them. After 30 minutes of runaround, I decided to investigate myself. I found several of her items still in her original room (this was a decidedly uncomfortable discussion to have with the new resident). I also retrieved several items from her roommate, who had been moved to a different room down the hall. After I had done this, the staff finally managed to find a handful of her other items in an unmarked garbage bag from a closet. Unfortunately, all of her personal correspondance, including cards, photographs, and letters from family were no where to be found. I expressed my frustrations to the management, and I was assured that these items had NOT been discarded, and would be mailed to me when found. Three years later, non of these items were ever recovered.I would not recommend this facility for your loved one, although I do realize that not everyone has a choice. If you or a loved one stay at this facility, be on your guard, and don't leave items of personal value here.

Let Us Search For You

Save Money

Care

Save Stress

Features of Manor Care of Tacoma Wa

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
    • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Manor Care of Tacoma Wa

Manor Care of Tacoma Wa is a nursing home in Tacoma, WA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Manor Care of Tacoma Wa for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Manor Care of Tacoma Wa