Manor Care of Tacoma Wa

5601 S ORCHARD STREET, Tacoma, WA, 98409

Reviews of Manor Care of Tacoma Wa

Alexmiller1710 August 29, 2015

My name is Alex Miller and I'm 34 years old. Very young to require nursing care, but I had an amputation below the knee. I spent 2 weeks recouping at Manor Care. It was way better than I could have hoped. The staff was anazing. I made a few friends while I was there. They took amazing care of me, and when my time there was done I went home. All in all it was a great experience.

nyliirstudios August 25, 2015

I want to start by saying Zoe at the front desk is an angel. Also, the tea hour and happy hour in the patient lounge is a great way to spend time with relatives. That is the last positive thing I have to say about this facility.

My loved one FELL in their care and when they were forced to explain the fall (her arms were badly bruised) they admitted the fall was preventable. When it was brought up one week later the staff claimed that no record of the fall was ever made and questioned rather or not it ever happened at all.

They made countless promises including the ability to help my loved one get a new wheelchair through Medicaid which she is not eligible for and has been repeatedly denied for.

When her discharge date was nearing we got 5 different discharge dates before they finally called and said we had two hours to pickup knowing full well that transportation of the patient would be difficult due to the patients needs.

After discharge I noticed her nook tablet was missing and called the facility to check if she had left it. They checked briefly and let me know plainly that no electronic devices were listed on the intake sheet we never knew existed. They also went on to say my loved one signed that she had everything and manor care was not responsible. I did not ask them to take responsibility for the lost tablet. I asked if it had by chance been left. We have found the tablet but that's not the point...

If you want a totally disorganized, unreliable facility that will accuse you of lying more than once Manor Care is your ticket. Otherwise, avoid this nightmare.

mtherskeepr March 29, 2015

Our 1st experience with Manor Care was a good one. My mother was admitted for recovery of broken hip. We realized that in order for her to get the best care possible, getting to know the staff,working with them,& treating them with respect & kindness was the best way to go.Even though they were stressed and extremely short staffed,they did the best they could. When my mother came down with pneumonia a few months later,we knew Manor Care was where we wanted her to be. Unfortunately, it was not the same place we had remembered. It was even more short staffed than before,and the staff that was there were totally disconnected. There were some that were wonderful,but sadly,they were too few & far between. We would time staff to see how long it would take for a response to my mother's call button if there was any response at all,it usually took 30-45 min. One night my mother needed help to get to bathroom,her call was never answered,she fell & broke her other hip. After most of her benefits were used up,it was time to go home. Even though they never questioned the fact she was rapidly losing weight & was down to 78 lbs. The Dr never questioned it even though that was always one of our main concerns! They sent her home with an infection growing in her right lung one week later, she's in ICU with double pneumonia & a feeding tube, fighting for her life!

Maddy466 March 23, 2014

I had my father in this place twice...first time everyone was on top of it social worker helped......the second time has been aweful!!! Would not put him back again. Most staff were uncaring ...there was a couple we liked. Social worker was not helpful. Was hard seeing people that needed help in dining room not get asst with eating and when they did help they just rushed it. To many other things to list all.

rw4 December 05, 2012

Very disappointed. Most of the staff was rude and unhelpful. Because I was out of town, I was not able to be there but had other family members there daily. I called daily and actually had one nurse basically accuse me of putting my job first! After 10 days my spouse was discharged without us being notified! On top of that, within a week or so of coming home he was diagnoised with the C-diff infection which was a several month battle. Of all the staff, only 1 treated my husband with respect and dignity. Calls went unanswered when he needed help. If I ever need a nursing home, you better never send me there!

Grandmahadagreatstay!!! October 16, 2012

I have to say that ManorCare of Tacoma is one of the CLEANEST if not the CLEANEST nursing homes in Tacoma. I have been to many nursing homes as i am a provider for home health agency, my family placed our grandmother there. She had the best rehab any facility could provide, the gym is huge, nice bright and clean, with a large therapy department. Staff are very friendly from the kitchen to housekeeping to nursing. Grandmother even got a rehab grad shirt when she was done with her rehab for her hip! This nursing home is very intune with families, patients, concerns etc...i would highly recommend this facility to anyone without hesitation. P.S. i don't usually type reviews but after reading the review from the other guy i knew i had to post in favor of this great building.

GrandsonGuy January 21, 2012

I was extremely disappointed with Manor Care of Tacoma in regards to my care provided to my grandmother, who was a resident at this facility for over a year. While I appreciate the extreme difficulty in providing services to the elderly, there were several instances of extremely poor service, and frankly, inexcusable actions by staff. First, I have been to many "homes" over the year, and I have never been to one that smelled worse than this one. The smell of urine was occasionally overwhelming in this facility, especially during the winter months.Second, there was very little recreation at this facility. When visiting my grandmother, it was usually necessary to take her elsewhere in order to get any sort of activity. After her mobility became impaired, it was impossible to remove her from the grounds. Small, depressing and boring? Check. Third, the care providers at this facility were all over this place: some of them were incredibly helpful, caring people. Others seemed completely indifferent to our requests, and after making discussions with them they would disappear. Last, and this was the most upsetting, my grandmother's affairs were not respected after her passing. I was unfortunately out of town at the time, but returned two days later and had my last and most disagreeable visit to Manor Care. All of my grandmother's belongings were supposed to have been removed from her room and placed in storage for me to retrieve. When I arrived, I was asked to wait while they searched for them. After 30 minutes of runaround, I decided to investigate myself. I found several of her items still in her original room (this was a decidedly uncomfortable discussion to have with the new resident). I also retrieved several items from her roommate, who had been moved to a different room down the hall. After I had done this, the staff finally managed to find a handful of her other items in an unmarked garbage bag from a closet. Unfortunately, all of her personal correspondance, including cards, photographs, and letters from family were no where to be found. I expressed my frustrations to the management, and I was assured that these items had NOT been discarded, and would be mailed to me when found. Three years later, non of these items were ever recovered.I would not recommend this facility for your loved one, although I do realize that not everyone has a choice. If you or a loved one stay at this facility, be on your guard, and don't leave items of personal value here.

About Manor Care of Tacoma Wa

Manor Care of Tacoma Wa is a nursing home in Tacoma, WA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Manor Care of Tacoma Wa for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Manor Care of Tacoma Wa

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Manor Care of Tacoma Wa