St Camillus Residential Health Care Facility

813 Fay Road, Syracuse, NY, 13219

Reviews of St Camillus Residential Health Care Facility

collegegirl April 19, 2012

My grandmother's stay was much less stressful than I had expected. St. Camillus has a lot of great amenities. First, there is a lot of parking and the Centro city buses run a line out there pretty frequently. The grounds are nice and are well maintained. There are tons of deer in the area and you'll see them almost daily, which is really nice. The facilities are bigger than a lot of others and they're well taken care of. The staff are all very friendly and attentive. Sometimes things can take longer than they should if you're going through the bureaucratic paperwork, which can get frustrating, but I've never experienced a negative outcome after the wait. People were very helpful if we needed assistance with anything. There was always someone around to give you a hand. The visiting hours are reasonable and no one ever hassled us out of there if we were still hanging out towards the end of the hours. The floor had lounges that were comfortable even for family members who weren't used to being in a nursing home. Things weren't too institutional. The furnishings made the place really feel like home. My grandmother recovered well since she wasn't as stressed. The nurses there were all very accommodating. I would certainly recommend St. Camillus over other nursing homes in the area.

alt1130 November 18, 2011

My experience with St. Camillus was when my mother stayed there after a stroke. The facility was always clean and staff was very friendly. The rooms were a little small, but certainly workable. The grounds are well-kept and there are nice wide wheelchair accessible paths throughout the area. The facility owns its own vehicles for transportation to appointments, and outings.All in all I believe that this was a good facility. My only complaints would be call bell response and food quality. Sometimes it would take staff 10 minutes to complete a call. And residents were not satisfied with the food quality or variety. My mother was happy with her stay at St. Camillus. She enjoyed the activities and she had a nice comraderie with the staff. I would recommend this home to family and friends.

About St Camillus Residential Health Care Facility

St Camillus Residential Health Care Facility is a nursing home in Syracuse, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact St Camillus Residential Health Care Facility for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of St Camillus Residential Health Care Facility

Medicare (ratings last updated: 05/18/17)

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 335283
  • Resident Capacity 284
  • Ownership Type Non Profit Church Related

Location of St Camillus Residential Health Care Facility