Loretto Health and Rehabilitation Center

700 East Brighton Avenue, Syracuse, NY, 13205

Reviews of Loretto Health and Rehabilitation Center

Caring107301950 May 28, 2015

My mom was in Loretto, and we chose it because they had a bed available at the time that we needed it. The staff was very good. Mom was on the 13th floor, and I thought that was a special unit for private pay, and they were very good. The room was kept clean. The bed was made as soon as the person got up and left. Their food was acceptable. I would eat it without hesitation.

Atlantis February 12, 2015

Just visited a friend at the Auburn facility. Dirty, dirty, dirty. Rooms shabby. Old tube TV's taking up the entire top of the dresser. Medications improperly administered. Place smelled like urine. Entranceway smelled like cigarette smoke. Meal times inconsistent. No way I would put a loved one here.

Caring103144750 December 18, 2014

Mom is at Loretto Health and Rehab Center. I really didn’t have a choice for her to be there, but the facility is OK. Mom was over there for a year's time, and I did complain a lot. They lost my mother's hearing aid, her clothes were taken from the laundry area, and she wasn’t getting the care that way I felt she should get cared, but slowly I kept reminding them; they did not address everything, but I think they are paying more attention to her.

Caring77702450 September 27, 2014

I was in Loretto Nursing Home for eight months. The staff was good. Their rooms were exellent and spacious. They had a good setup of activities there. The only problem we had was the bill. My family always asked them about my insurance. They would just answer that everything was taken care of. Then all of a sudden my bill was $38,000. Now, I am just tickled pink I am out of there.

Silverfish October 01, 2012

Overall, the facility was excellent. The entranceway was welcoming and well-kept, with friendly staff waiting to help guide you through the facility. The lobby was well-decorated and didn't feel like a hospital; it felt more like a hotel. The nurse who was with us was also the nurse who was caring for my great-grandmother, and she was pleasant and friendly. There were a few staff members that seemed to be less pleasant, but we did not have a direct experience with them. The rooms were simply furnished and were a little dull. There wasn't a lot of room for personal belongings. However, they did feel nicer than something like a hospital room. Out of curiosity, we tried some of the food and found it to be surprisingly good. We looked into some of the services and facilities provided and found that were plenty of additional amenities for those able to take advantage of them, such as an entertainment room with various activities, and a swimming pool. The only major negative of the facility is that the care staff seemed to have a slow response time, though that could have been due to understaffing.

About Loretto Health and Rehabilitation Center

Loretto Health and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Syracuse, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Loretto Health and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Loretto Health and Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: