Kindred Transitional Care and Rehabilitation - Nansemond Pointe

200 W. Constance Road, Suffolk, VA, 23434

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Kindred Transitional Care and Rehabilitation - Nansemond Pointe

terriguter October 01, 2014

I visited ten nursing homes before I made the decision to put my father in Kindred Transitional Care. This is his third stay there in 6 months. Everyone is so kind and sweet. I was there or one of our private duty people about 14 hours a day. Everyone was so helpful. Daddy cried when I took him home because he did not want to leave his friends. The therapist where fabulous. The doctors said he would never walk or eat again after his stroke. They where able to work magic! He learned how to walk, eat and speak again not just once but twice! Now we need them to work there magic again for the third time. I am so thankful for each and every one of the people who work at this nursing home for making my fathers life so much better!

Izone40 September 30, 2014

My mother has been a resident about 10 years and she received excellent care. My father is also a resident and I alway trusted the staff with their care.

pquire September 25, 2014

I was very, very pleased with the care of my family member. The nursing and therapy staff went out of their way to help and work with my father-in-law. He was a difficult patient, at times, very hard to get along with and at other times mean to staff. The staff never failed to be nice to him, no matter what. The facility was always clean and free of smells. I would definitely use them again when needed.

Fitzgerald September 17, 2014

I visited a friend that lives at Nansemond and was very impressed with the building. The staff all were sweet and my friend says she likes it there.

JJ2014 June 20, 2014

What a beautiful facility with caring staff. The therapy department is top notch.

antfarm December 31, 2013

MY sonis there he was doing ok then they would give him medicine for his headache and it would knock him out to where he didnot eat or dtink for the day there were several days like that he is in hospital now for d ehydration n light case of pneumonia I will b checking on him everyday when hr gets back to make sure he is clean and fed they started out fine then slacked off

jojo2 September 25, 2012

My experience with the assisted living provider was one that was fairly well. Both of my grandfathers went there after having major surgery done. My grandfather had a stroke and went to stay at a nursing home for several weeks to try to gain some of his speech back. My other grandfather went to a nursing home after vital signs dropped and he started to forget things. Both experiences were very much different and much of it had to do with my Grandfather's different personalities and the nurses they met. The staff was overall helpful and attentive and the newly renovated wing was very attractive. The facility was kept very clean and both of my grandfathers seemed to enjoy their stay for the most part. The staff made them both feel right at home and as welcome as much as they could. The only negative experience I had was when a therapist asked my grandfather who I was. I did not really understand why he would want to embarrass him knowing that my grandfather has Alzheimer's and he probably did not know who I was.

poodle104 June 30, 2009

Care?

My husband was in this facility for about 4 months. In that period he had 4 trips to the local hospital. One for severe dehydration that caused his kidneys to start shutting down and was in ICU for over a week. He also ended up with stitches in his head from the call button whacking him in the head. They said that he threw the call button across the room and it ricocheted back and hit him in the head. This was a man that could not even pick up his arms never mind being able to throw something hard enough to fly back and hit him hard enough to cause 8 stitches. The cleanliness and up keep of the facility also leaves a lot to be desired. The care and treatment of the residents also was not even close to being what I would consider good.

From Kindred Transitional Care and Rehabilitation - Nansemond Pointe

Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation Centers offer long-term care and short-term rehabilitation to patients and residents, bridging the gap between hospital and home.

Features of Kindred Transitional Care and Rehabilitation - Nansemond Pointe

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Kindred Transitional Care and Rehabilitation - Nansemond Pointe