Payment

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Evangelical Home Sterling Heights

Posted by Melliesul June 15, 2015
1.0

My father went here for REHABILLITATION. He was fine before he entered this facility. They were over medicating him to the point he couldn't participate in Physical Therapy or progress in anyway. He was Iethargic, nauseous due to medication that he shouldn't have been taking. As soon as I found out that my father was being over medicated I discharged him and sorry to say all they cared about was who was paying the bill not the care my father was receiving. The midnight shift was hiding his call button and making threats if he didn't behave they would no longer come to his room and help him. My father has been home and doing great since he left this AWFUL place. Please be carful where you put your loved ones and who is taking care of your loved ones.

Posted by sz7dps December 12, 2014
1.0

Terrible facility for personal care. My mother had to argue with the staff to give her the necessary doctor prescribed breathing treatments even when she was in repertory distress and couldn’t breathe well at night. I witnessed one attendee that didn’t even know how to turn on an oxygen tank right in front of me. She swore it was on. We had to wait a day to get her prescribed medications and two days to get her medical records from the transferring hospital.

Posted by Nurse relative August 26, 2013

After moving my mother from two other so called "skilled" nursing centers we are very pleased with the care she is receiving at Evangelical--both nursing and therapy. I am a RN and I follow my mother's care and these staff are the best. She is making progress and we have scheduled conferences to review her progress. These nurses do critically think and are very involved with their patients. No short cuts here, they strive to keep her dignity and to encourage her to do more.

Posted by Daryl1 July 24, 2013
2.0

My wife was in Evangelical Homes for about a week, for rehab. I wouldn't send my best enemy there. There were a few people there that were nice and did their job but there were a large percentage of people there that were absolutely useless. The sad thing was, my mother was in there about a year and a half ago and I felt the same way when she was there. I was very disappointed in them but at the time they were discharging my wife it was either, she went there or somewhere on 10-mile road when I was on 17-mile road. I spent a lot of time there with her rather than leave her to some of the people there that were too lazy to be competent.

Posted by jandj April 24, 2013

I am very happy with this nursing home. I have been visiting there for the past 3 years. People are very nice and always willing to help. I even had my mother in for rehab and was very satisfied. Very clean home! Not smelly

Posted by chumsmymum April 10, 2013

I'm impressed with this place!! The staff is very kind and generous with their time and talents and there's always some sort of activity for the residents. Residents are out of bed, clean, and dressed each day. The food's plentiful and very tasty and the facility is CLEAN! I just can't say enough good things about Evan - and I'm there visiting everyday so nothing gets by me!!!

Posted by jaberone February 28, 2013
1.0

I was very disappointed in this facility. Please spend alot of time with the patient in order to be sure they get the care they need! Not nearly enough staff for the number of patients there. Patient's personal hygiene care is terrible. Foor is cold and awful!

Posted by Caring7116 November 16, 2012
4.0

We chose Evangelical Homes because the location is close to our home. They have good sized rooms. My mother seems to be doing good and the staff is very good to her. So far I have no complaints.

Posted by vernon1 November 17, 2011
3.0

not the worst but the usual problems.. short staff...some good caregivers.. some not so good

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 235473

Health
2.0
Overall
4.0
Quality