Cherrywood Nursing & Sub-Acute Rehab Nursing Home

Overview of Ratings

2.5

November 16, 2011

By Social Worker # 1

I visited Cherrywood Nursing and Living Center in November 2011. In general, I thought that Cherrywood Nursing and Living Center would be an excellent choice for someone who is looking for a beautiful Nursing facility for a friend or family member. Cherrywood Nursing and Living Center, is one of the most comfortable and homey facilities that you could ever imagine. The grounds of the facility are comfortable, and have a very homey environment, and very tasteful to the eye, tastefully decorated and inviting common areas. A varied menu that is also prepared on a daily basis to meet all of their residents' nutritional and dietary needs. The common areas of the facility are situated on Park like grounds with beautifully landscaped courtyards with a serene setting for rest and rehabilitation that is very unique and tasteful to the eyes and the surrounding neighborhood has the same serene settings. The residents' rooms are beautifully decorated with full matching décor from the furniture to the bedding and the carpet on the floor all match and blend very well together with perfection. The residents' rooms are also very clean and have no smell. This facility is for anyone and everyone that would like to live in a very homey environment. The staff and management of the facility are very nice, professional and team, task oriented in their specific job duties and their performance. They also offer 24 hour nursing care provided by Registered Nurses and Licensed Professional Nurses, Restorative Aides and Certified Nursing Assistants. They also have visiting Physicians to attend to their residents and coordinate their residents individual needs as necessary. I know the residents receive excellent care there. While I was there, I noticed that their Therapy gym, Therapy rehabilitation, is available to their residents seven days a week. I also noticed that they offer their residents a specific plan of care to meet their individual needs. I would have to give Cherrywood Nursing and Living Center a five stars rating for their quality in excellence. Overall, Cherry wood Nursing and Living Center offers their residents rehabilitation, long term care, hospice and respite care and I would highly recommend it to anyone and people over 50 because I know that they would love it there and I know that they would do very well there.

October 14, 2011

By Blesseddaughter

My mother is a resident on the Houghton unit of Cherrywood nursing center. I was very nervous at first when I had to make such a hard decision to place my mother in a "nursing home". I have to say the staff on this unit in this facility has made all my fears go away. The facility itself is clean, very well decorated and warm feeling. The staff on this unit is amazing, you can tell they truely care about their residents. The nursing staff are very knowledgable and go out of their way explain things to my both my mother and my family. They handle situations that could be very scary to a family member in a calm and professional manner at all times. The aides that take care of my mother are nice and always go above and beyond. The staff always has a smile and a hug for my mother. I truely feel blessed that I have found this place for my mother to live, I've heard so many bad things about nursing homes and Cherrywood has proved that you can find a place where your family member can get amazing care. Thanks to the staff on the Houghton unit at Cherrywood I can visit my mother without guilt, knowing she is very happy where she is.

August 02, 2011

By Patco

My mom was there only a week. She fell twice. The second time she broke her hip and needed surgery. She was found on the floor alone in her private room. Shes recovering in another nursing home now...those people call this place scarrywood and NOT cherrywoood....beware of who you send here !!!!!!!!

Let Us Search For You

Save Money

Care

Save Stress

Features of Cherrywood Nursing & Sub-Acute Rehab

Medicare (ratings last updated: 07/17/17)

• Overall:
    • Date Certified: 06/01/2017

About Cherrywood Nursing & Sub-Acute Rehab

Cherrywood Nursing & Sub-Acute Rehab is a nursing home in Sterling Heights, MI that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Cherrywood Nursing & Sub-Acute Rehab for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Cherrywood Nursing & Sub-Acute Rehab