Eger Health Care And Rehabilitation Center

140 Meisner Avenue, Staten Island, NY, 10306

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Eger Health Care And Rehabilitation Center

John107858850 June 22, 2015

She had a couple of walking and physical therapies at Eger Health, They also have a nursing home, and she was in there for a little while for care. The rooms were clean, although the roommate is a little different sometimes, but they would always accommodate. They had a rehabilitation center.

mjova June 08, 2015

My mother has been at Egers for the last 2 years. She is on the 8th floor and is getting excellent care. We visit at random times and days, she is always clean and happy. She loves the different activities they provide. At her age of 94 it's important that sh have some quality in her life and Egers staff provides that.

Mr. C April 02, 2015

They are very inaacurate in their diagnosis. GHI refused to extend my stay. The rehabilitation center insisted they have enough evidence from the podiatrist and physician to appeal.

I explained that the expert ,the orthopedic specialist, claimed I was well enough to go home. They said their physician and podiatrist knew more. They kept insisting the orthopedic ankle specialist knew less.

They wanted me to stay another month to undergo a grueling process of walking on one foot and the toe of another foot.

The rehabiiltation specialists taught very little. They spent their time on other patients and saw me in few minute intervals. The exercises were of little value.

I always saw the vocational rehab person first. He spent 3 minutes with me. It was a joke.

The place is very noisy at night, Patients keep their doors open as they blast the t.v.

Mournful1 September 23, 2014

My mother passed away a year ago this week. She was a resident at Eger for three years. The 6th floor aides and nurses were overall caring and very professional. I am still haunted, however, by the uncaring, awful treatment to my mother by the 6th floor social worker. She should not have been allowed to deal with any patients or families. She was a heartless and mean.

pattyp317 August 25, 2014

Horrible, I went to rehab my knees after replacement surgery, the staff the food everything about it was horrible,I needed to build muscle in my legs, they put me in a room with guys that couldn.t control their bowles, needless to say the constant stench was the worst, only Joe the physical therapist was excellent, if not for him I would have left, the nurses took their time attending to your needs, when I needed pain med at least a 30 minute wait, most times longer, I would not recommend this Facility to anyone

chyan April 28, 2014

the worst. understaffed facility. Beautiful outside but inept to the point of ugly inside The doctors, one in particular, over-rated and intimidating to patients. making many mistakes before checking what's been happening and not realizing that certain issues have been rectified. My mom was sent to an emergency room on a weekend because he didn't bother to look at a test done by another doctor after he had left the day before, even though we pleaded with him to check it out. Instead while we asked to keep her there he talked to my 90yr old mother and said "do you want to die"? she went through the hassle of emergency admittance and was released immediately. I looked for the doctor but he had left because "he was upset at our questioning him" Another time an aide came in who hadn't read her chart and picked her up and bang her "good" leg causing it to bleed like made. she said she never given the chart. same doctor came in and said "don't worry about it, at least it's not her bad leg. Well, then it became her bad leg. I could go on and on. Do not let the prettiness of egers fool you. if there was a -5 star rating that is what I would give them. I was at the facility every day my mom was there and my brother was there every evening so we saw exactly what was going on.

Avelisse July 11, 2013

Care at eger's is excellent the 8 th floor nursing staff is the best, my dad is getting the best care I could ever have asked for. Corinne, missy, Noreen are excellent nurses always kind and smiling, it is because of them and there staff that makes it easier for a family member to have a loved one in there care.

Caring548 June 21, 2012

My father has been to Eger. He had to be in this rehab center because he has VNS (vagus nerve stimulation). But everything is okay now. They provide a safe and caring environment for all the patients and that's all that matters. It was a home-like environment and they do have different programs for each patients with different needs. It's a good place.

Mike6 April 14, 2012

Let me start by saying that it is never easy to see a loved one in a vulnerable state in which they can not take care of themselves on their own. That being said, the care that my Aunt received at Eger was exceptional. The staff at the Nursing Home treated her with respect and dignity. Every time I went to visit her it was definitely apparent that the staff was very caring. She felt like it was a home away from home. My Aunt was upbeat and had developed a strong relationship with several of the staff that took care of her. Also she made as many friends as possible with the other residents that lived around her room. This was definitely a great way for my Aunt to recover. Also, the facility was always clean. I highly recommend this nursing facility to any and all people that need a place for their care.

Dedicated Heart October 19, 2011

My friend was the sole caregiver to her dad who lived with her. For many years she did not go anywhere for an extended period of time because she did not feel comfortable leaving him home alone. She did some research and found out about Egers in Staten Island. They have what is callled a Respite stay. I went with her to the appoinment. The facility has such beautiful grounds, very quiet, and surrounded by lots of trees. To the eye it looks beautiful, but she was still nervous about the actual care he would recieve. The nurses seemed nice, the patients were well groomed ,and the adminstrator was very helpful in making the decision alot easier for my friend. She enrolled him in the respite stay, and was very pleased. Her dad actually loved it, which was very surprising considering that he gave her such a hard time about going. I believe she did this Respite Stay twice (1 time per year) before her Dad became to fragile to care for alone. She knew she had to get him the 24hr care he needed, and would go no other place then Egers. If you are having a difficult time caring for your loved one alone and need a break, consider the respite stay at Egers. You will be pleased with the care your loved one receives.

About Eger Health Care And Rehabilitation Center

Eger Health Care And Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Staten Island, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Eger Health Care And Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Eger Health Care And Rehabilitation Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Eger Health Care And Rehabilitation Center