Clove Lakes Health Care and Rehabilitation Center

25 FANNING STREET, Staten Island, NY, 10314

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Clove Lakes Health Care and Rehabilitation Center

Carlton B. December 27, 2013

Clove Lakes is a nice building. It's like two buildings put together. There's a first and second floor and one building is just rehab. The patients are there for a short amount of time. Everybody was very nice, the food was very nice, the place was very clean. There is like a little yard you could sit in. I was in a wheelchair so I would go outside there. They had a big television in a TV room, each room had a TV. There were two in a room. It was okay.

Cheryl16 October 18, 2013

Clove Lakes is a dynamite facility, it is a wonderful place, with great staff and very caring people. I dealt with them for two years when my father was there. The nurses there take such good care of the patients. Services are very organized and very well run. My father wasn't too crazy about the food. If my father ends up back into skilled nursing, I am hoping not, but I would definitely put him back here. I have no problem with the place and I would recommend it highly.

Jackie8 April 26, 2013

Clove Lake Nursing was nice. The rooms were a little small. It looked like a hospital, but I guess most nursing homes do. They did have a nice atrium where residents can also have lunch and dinner. But there was a waiting list set for that. I did stop by at night and they had bingo. They also have a beauty parlor and a little church. The only thing I didn't really like about it was there were too many different accents.

Emma2 February 28, 2013

I went in Cloves Lake Health Care two days before Christmas. The staff was very nice. I lost weight, which I'm glad because I need to. They had me on low sodium diet, so it was unbearable. I didn't like it and it wasn't very appetizing. But the medication was great and I was well cared for. So I was okay, I was satisfied.

Stelclove August 28, 2012

By in large this is an EXCELLENT facility. When I visit my mother, the facility is clean and the food they serve is quality and good. Great activities are provided daily. Good socialization amongst its residents. The only fault I find with this place is that there could be more staff in the late-overnight hours. At times after 11pm my mother sometimes has a hard time getting the assistance she requires (getting to the bathroom).

me51 October 04, 2011

When I visited the facility to visit my great grandmother, I was surprised at the accommodations and the staff. There were many amenities available to residents and guests alike - multiple balconies, porches and outdoor areas with tables and supervising staff to ensure that there were no incidents outside.Sometimes, however, it took a long time for a nurse to come to the room when there was a need. It sometimes seemed as though there weren't enough staff to support the resident population.The rooms were large and airy, with large windows and extra space to help residents feel at home. The cafeteria and the food were much better than I was expecting, and residents enjoyed many meal options. They have a strict visitor policy with certain times that visitors were allowed, but if you were lucky you got a staff member who was willing to go ask the resident you were trying to visit if it was okay with them. As long as it wasn't too early in the morning or too late at night you were able to visit. In the entrance way there are couches and chairs and tables allowing for you to spend time socializing with other residents, and watch them socialize. There were game nights, dances, bands, and other events that were provided for the residents.

Michele10306 September 30, 2011

The facility was dark, but clean. There are plenty of nurses on call and available to tend to patients needs although not every member of the staff seems happy to be there. There were activities planned for the residents but not every one participates. The residents need more stimulation because at times the facility is too quiet, and I can't imagine anything worse than an elderly patient who may is essentially there all alone, just sitting there with nothing to distract them and nothing to cheer them on or up or give them something to look forward to. It it hard to witness. So, I cannot even imagine what it is like to live.

About Clove Lakes Health Care and Rehabilitation Center

Clove Lakes Health Care and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Staten Island, NY that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Clove Lakes Health Care and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Clove Lakes Health Care and Rehabilitation Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Clove Lakes Health Care and Rehabilitation Center