Stanley Total Living Center | Nursing Home

514 OLD MOUNT HOLLY ROAD, Stanley, NC, 28164

Reviews of Stanley Total Living Center | Nursing Home

sparkwriter June 10, 2013

My mother-in-law was a resident of STL for several years, most of that time in the Alzheimer's unit. She died recently, but her time at STL was marked by wonderful care given by a warm, supportive, and professional staff. The facility is closely associated with the First Presbyterian Church of Stanley, which is adjacent to the property, and the real and loving sense of mission is very apparent. We got to know many staff members, all of whom could not have been more caring or more capable. During her last days, they made it possible for her family to gather and be with her. We also appreciated the professionalism of the STL's administrative staff -- they were always organized and courteous. Though not the newest or the fanciest place, the facility is well-maintained and extremely clean. The only smell I ever noticed was during mealtimes. The rooms are large and bright, and the common areas are inviting. The transportation vehicles are well-maintained and up-to-date. We were kept informed of every change in my mother-in-law's routine, every Band-Aid, when her socks were too tight, which exercises she liked, etc. etc. The staff knew her as a person, and cared about her. My husband dropped in frequently throughout the week to feed her dinner, or just to visit, and was warmly welcomed every time.

During her last days, the staff helped us make difficult decisions, and provided unbelievable support in both small and large ways.

In short, this is the way elder care is supposed to be and I highly, highly recommend the Stanley Total Living Center.

elillectra263 August 21, 2012

the nurses there was extremely nice and generous in taking care of him, the facility was very clean and santized. Very friendly employees here greeted as soon as you walk in the door. Anything that the patient/resident needed was taken care of immediately. answer all and any questions that was asked in a timely fashion. will definitely recommend to others and visit again.

jaybry98 July 24, 2012

For the most part, Stanley Total Living Center is an outstanding facility. In general, the place looks bright and doesn't seem to smell terribly bad. In addtion, it is clear that the staff holds a great deal of care for their patients. I've seen some of the most touching displays of kindness offered by their staff to members of ours who've been both residents and those who've had loved ones there.

macarpe5 July 11, 2012

The entrance to the facility is great. It is in a nice shaded area with plenty of pine trees. There is an oval drive out front to allow people easy access to drop off elderly people that live there.The door to the facility seemed odd, almost prison like. If the front door was open for more than a set amount of time, and alarm would go off. I guess this was a safe keeping for the residents of the facility.When I visited the facility I had to wait for my step mother to get off of work. I waited in the facilities multi-purpose room. There was a ping pong table, a place for people to watch movies/television, and also a piano in the corner. I had the pleasure of entertaining some of the residents that lived there by playing the piano. I was a novice at the time, but the people living there were so nice and friendly that it didn't matter.Overall, I enjoyed my visit to this facility, it was an excellent experience.

Suzie 2 Fish June 21, 2012

Stanley T.L.C. provides all levels of care from independent living with small apartments and optional meal plans to skilled care facilities all under one roof. My mother-in-law lived well and happily there for about 6 years before dying last year at 100 years old. The staff/guest ratio is excellent with compassionate staff and skilled caregivers in an uplifting and pleasant environment. There are multiple daily activities, stimulation, and celebrations available for guests. The facility is sparkling clean. The food was healthy and nutritious. There is wonderful spiritual support regardless of religious affiliation. The pricing of the facility was within a reasonable range of affordability. They have some Medicaid beds available for financially challenged individuals. All guests are treated equally and with respect and have individualized care.. We were blessed to be able to get a spot there for my mother-in-law and could not have been happier with the care she received in both assisted living and skilled care during her last years. We would have no reservations recommending Stanley Total Living Center to anyone.

briggs.jenniferl September 10, 2011

I volunteered for this facility in the past and thought that it was a great facility. Although I do not have any family in this home, I would feel comfortable considering this as an option for future needs. The staff seemed friendly and competent and really seemed to care about their residents. Additionally, the home was clean and residents seemed to be happy with the food and care that was provided to them. The entire facility emanated a feeling of family and was a tight-knit group of residents and care-givers alike. There was a real sense of community in the Total Living Center as residents' families and community groups frequently stop by to visit or volunteer. I doubt that anyone who has family in the home worries about the care that their loved ones are being given there. On the whole, it is a top-notch facility that strives to make its residents feel cared for and protected.

About Stanley Total Living Center

Stanley Total Living Center is a nursing home in Stanley, NC that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Stanley Total Living Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Stanley Total Living Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Stanley Total Living Center