Harlee Manor | Nursing Home

463 SPROUL ROAD, Springfield, PA, 19064

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Harlee Manor | Nursing Home

MichelleDe October 28, 2013

I cannot say enough about Harlee Manor. The staff went above and beyond for my Mom, and my family during her stay. From the nursing staff to the aides (Suzi B, Margo, Leon, Sharita, Christina, Jennifer), and all of the others who helped us get through that terrible time. We will always be grateful for the compassion and the care that our Mom received.

Zoey123456 October 24, 2013

My mother lives at Springfield Senior Commons Personal Care at Harlee Manor. She receives excellent care and is very happy. The Resident Assistants are attentive to her needs and the Activities provide a wide range of choices. I would recommend this facility to anyone looking for long term care options for their loved one. I am surprised at the negative review stated above when I first opened this page.

Paula Cobourn, grieving daughter August 30, 2013

DO NOT SEND YOUR LOVED ONE TO HARLEE MANOR! Four days after my father was sent there, he died. They said the cause of death was aspiration pneumonia. Basically, that is, he choked to death on the contents of his feeding tube. I have made multiple attempts on behalf of my mother and I to contact to these people and no one will talk to us. When I asked to have the name and contact information of the chief administrator, they told me it is not their practice to give out that information. My mother just wants to know how and why this happened...so do I. I visited him the day before he died. I should tell you that my father suffered a brain hemorrhage on May 29 and was unable to feed or care for himself which is why we sent him to Harlee Manor in the first place. He was to receive rehabilitation. So, on that Saturday, we were there for over 4 hours and no one ever came in to change him....he was very agitated that day...we told someone that came into the room at one point that he hadn't been changed...she said she would be back...she didn't.....by the time I got someone to do this, he was absolutely soaked. We were told by the nurse that finally helped us that he should have been changed every two hours. God only knows how long it had been since he was changed before we even got there. It leaves me painfully wondering how long he was choking before anyone ever arrived to help him. Don't let this happen to your loved one.

Caring5798 June 12, 2013

My mom stayed in Harlee Manor. She was in a shared room. It wasn't spacious but it was adequate. Most of the staff were pretty good and always friendly. The physical therapy people were good. However, I think they're understaffed.

Nick G. April 11, 2012

Harley Manor is a very well maintained facility. The employees their treat everyone that comes in with a great attitude, and they have no problem helping you with anything you may need. Harley Manor has a beautiful dining room that they serve their occupants in. The food that is served is prepared very well by the cooks. Everyone that works their seems to have a smile on their face, they also seem to have personal connections with the people who they are aiding. The people who are living at Harley Manor seem to love being there. Harley Manor is a very friendly facility that makes it easy for people to visit their loved ones when they have come to the point where they need to be assisted by others. It has been opened in Springfield for many years and should be open for many years to come if they keep running it in the same way.

ma642332 September 29, 2011

My grandfather spent almost five years at the Harlee Manor Nursing home from 2000-2004 and I visited him at least once a week so I have a lot of opinions about this assisted living facility. First off, the staff were for the most part very friendly and helpful. I got to know a few of the nurses on a personal level and even when they were having a bad day they still knew that the patients they were caring for were the number one priority no matter what was going on in their own personal lives. They seemed to have really formed a bond with a lot of the patients they cared for because they knew that most of the time they were the only loving, supportive people that the patients had access too. Sure the patients always had their family to visit them but for the majority of the time the caretakers were the only people around for the patients. Thus, due to my personal experience the staff aspect of this review gets a very high rating. The amenities were not always that great at the time my grandfather was in Harlee Manor but I can say that they have made many renovations in the last 5 years and esthetically the place looks really nice. I can't speak much for how much the amenties have actually improved but I am just saying it looks much nicer and it leads me to believe the quality of Harlee Manor has gotten better. I deliver food there for my job quite often and everyone there is very helpful and friendly when I am trying to find someone. It seems as if the same level of care for the patients is also there although I can never no for sure since I no longer have a relative living there. From everything I have seen and experienced at Harlee Manor I would definitely rate it a well above average assisted living facility.

pierre4192008 September 14, 2011

This is a lovely, small Nursing Home, Rehab and Assisted Living community located in Springfield, Delaware County, PA . I loved the personal touch of the Nursing Home. You can join your loved one for dinner in their beautiful dining room just notify the desk that you are staying for dinner. The residents enjoy such a home like environement in ways that I myself would appreciate like in the early evening they offer home baked cookies to residents or the visitors. I appreciated the fact that I was able to bring our puppy to visit each night. The visiting hours were plenty of time to fit in our visit. The staff was just excellent and their Wound Care Nurse made my mother's bed sore dissappear she had acquired it from her hospital stay being immobile for a period of time. I would recommend this care provider for anyone looking for excellent care.

HeatherMc June 27, 2011

This assisted living community was nicely decorated and felt welcoming. My loved one and I were impressed by the dining rooms and menus. The activities department had a diverse calendar planned for the day and the residents seemed very positive about the socials. The rooms were adequate in space and the care staff seemed very personable in their interactions with the residents. This site also offers transportations to local shops, malls and restaurants in the area. The grounds were neat and the resident kitty cat was pleasant. The needs of residents seem to be a priority at this site.

About Harlee Manor

Harlee Manor is a nursing home in Springfield, PA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Harlee Manor for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Harlee Manor

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

• 24-hour security gate