Payment

Accepting inquiries

Reviews of Walnut Grove Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Posted by pdianajo April 17, 2015
3.0

This is a clean facility, staff is very friendly, but care is not real good. My mother is there and likes her roommate and does not want to move. However she does not get showers like she should and they don't do anymore than they have to, to care for the patients. Most care givers ask patients what they want, and if patients doesn't want a shower, or clean cloths or rehab, they just say OK! and walk away. Rather than working with them to do what is best for the patient. I could go on and on but it would do no good, so I will stop here. They would need twice the staff to care for the patients the way I would like to see them cared for. I go every other day to check on my Mom and get her out, but some of the folks don't have family who can do that and it is very sad. How they would love to just get to set out in the sun on a nice day, if someone just had the time to take them out.

Posted by archrissie November 27, 2014
1.0

My mother lives in this facility. It is a never ending struggle to get her nails done, a sweater on her and her hair combed. I've had trouble with them putting dirty clothes on her, combing her hair etc. I've told them repeatedly that she needs a sweater in the winter. I might as well be talking to a stone. They probably do better with rehab clients, but my sense is that they don't communicate well with each other, there is not enough supervision of the staff and that it is not very well organized. My mother-in-law is at a different facility and is treated much better. Why don't we move her? She wants to stay there. She's very easy and the aids do treat her well.

Posted by cymbaleiii May 08, 2012
4.0

A nice newer facility that is both a nursing home and rehab facility. Nice equipment and has other activities for patients such as concerts, church, etc.

Staff is friendly, caring and competent.

My dad was a patient of the facility last year and they took very good care of him during his long illness.

Posted by Jackie Duron February 03, 2010
2.0

Other concerned individual

Only want catatonic patients. Will turn down any patient that they may have to give extra attention to. Discriminates. Generic reason for turning down elderly is "we are unable to meet their needs at this time".

Medicare Ratings

Medicare provider number: 045428

Health
4.0
Overall
3.0
Quality