Manor Care Health Services Wingfield Hills

2350 WINGFIELD HILLS DR, Sparks, NV, 89436

Reviews of Manor Care Health Services Wingfield Hills

Caring95006450 November 22, 2014

Manor Care is clean. They do rehab with my mother and shower her, but sometimes I have to ask. The food is bad, hard, and cold. They leave it sitting on the cart for 45 minutes before they give it to the patients.

caregiverdaughter May 24, 2014

My mother spent a month at ManorCare at Wingfield Hills. I was very happy with the therapy and staff and care my mother received. I would choose this facility again.

IamTheStig October 06, 2012

Overall the facility looked to be fairly nice. It was a newer building. Everything was very clean and all of its employees were very friendly and welcoming. They provided a good range of activities like movie nights, game nights, even trips to baseball games. All seemed very well initially.But the care my grandfather received there is a whole different story. He had to be taken to the hospital multiple times while staying there. Many times we had to personally call an ambulance while there on visits, because the staff failed to see there was even anything wrong. Most of the issues revolved around the medications he was given at the facility. Sometimes he was given too much. Other times he was given the wrong medicine. And still, he was also once given a bad combination of medicine. Also, he had trouble going to the bathroom and just taking care of himself in general. He wasn't cleaned up, bathed, or helped that much very often. They would check only maybe 2 or 3 times a day it seemed.It really could have been a very nice place, but they need better trained staff. An actually medically trained person (usually a PA-C or similar) only checked on the patients once a day, and there was only one of them on duty at a time (for a fairly large facility). Most of the other workers were basically just housekeepers, and not really their fault, but are not trained to know if a patient needed medical assistance. In the end we pulled my grandfather from the facility, as he could receive better care at home by family.

RobinR1 March 16, 2012

My initial thoughts upon entering the facility were, it was very clean, and did not smell bad, it actually smelled quite pleasant. The staff was very friendly and always smiled at me whenever I visited. The cafeteria was nicely set up and looked attractive, not a typical nursing home dining area in my opinion. They also had a rehabilitation area which could be quite crowded and busy at times. I think they could either make another room dedicated to this or arrange different times for the residents so that it wouldn't be so crowded and busy. They were also not on a particular schedule for rehabilitation services which mad it quite difficult to go and observe and we didn't know what time it would be until that particular day. The staff had a hard time communicating with the resident I would go and visit and I would have to explain what she meant when trying to communicate, they never asked what certain things that she did meant, and I think they should have asked her son or myself instead of guessing. It also took them over a week to do her paperwork regarding the type of activities she liked to do, foods she liked to eat, sleeping habits, bathroom habits, etc. and I think this should be done upon entering the facility, not days or weeks after. All in all I think the facility was attractive and quite "homey" and the staff was very nice, however I think organization in the facility could use some work and certain things could be done in more of a timely manner.

About Manor Care Health Services Wingfield Hills

Manor Care Health Services Wingfield Hills is a nursing home in Sparks, NV that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Manor Care Health Services Wingfield Hills for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Manor Care Health Services Wingfield Hills

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Manor Care Health Services Wingfield Hills