Landing at Watermere Nursing Home

Overview of Ratings

4.6

March 11, 2017

By Pamela25

Nursing, social worker, Dr. Hernandez excellent—five star doctor. Rehab okay. Food okay.

March 03, 2017

By Walker172833

Nursing and staff were excellent. Facility is very nice. Food and food selection are subpar.

February 18, 2017

By Ms. King

Would highly recommend. Could not have found a better staff or place to rehab and heal. Nurses were wonderful both day and night. Karmia and Cassondra were always on the spot with any needs. PT and OT are amazing! I was able to get to a place I thought would take months.

February 17, 2017

By towen1234

Superior!! Everyone was very nice!

January 25, 2017

By Dbullock1234

Beautiful facility. Well Maintained. I was in their therapy hospital. The care I received was very good. Private Room was spacious and cleaned everyday. The food was typical of a hospital. Some good, some not so good. . But they did honor my request for special food that I needed. The nursing staff was mostly very good. The Therapy Technicians were excellent, capable, and very thorough. I would recommend them to anyone. Overall, I was very pleased with my one month stay.

November 29, 2016

By Ruth Ann733026

The nurses are excellent. The physical therapy people are great. The food is pretty good, not great.

October 28, 2016

By William150781

Every one from the housekeeping to food delivery people have been great. Cannot say enough about our fabulous nurses - kind, caring, competent. They are the best! Give them a raise. PT were good. Mr. Young was in pain and didn't cooperate but they tried.

October 27, 2016

By Ragaa Y

Very good therapy, I can say excellent. Good in others. I see that this company is the best rehab.

June 28, 2016

By Conrad612268

My stay at the Landing was enjoyable as well as productive. My health requirements were met as expected with efficiency. All staff is friendly, helpful and competent. If needed I will be happy to return to the Landing. It is a great facility!! Lastly, the food is exceptionally good.

June 21, 2016

My stay has been mostly enjoyable. Nursing staff and aid help very pleasant and helpful.

June 17, 2016

By Emma723731

Nursing staff was great, very attentive and the therapists are the best we have experienced in a rehab facility. Food was okay, but has room for improvement. We did experience a couple of issues but worked them out. Very clean and comfortable.

By Patricia BushieMWQXQ

The staff has been knowledgeable, caring and respectful. My stay of 8+ weeks has been a very positive one. The activities on the week ends and during the week have been fun and kept boredom at bay. Not only am I much stronger due to PT and OT but my emotional needs were met. Wound care was exceptional as was nursing care.

By Bill S.2

The quality of care and concern by the nursing staff was excellent. The CNA's were for the most part, very helpful with only one or two exceptions which were handled quickly and effectively by nursing. The physician therapists were outstanding in their concern for safety, patient understanding of the exercises. The administrative staff was very helpful in several ways.

By Jimmy HudsonYHOQG

Everything was excellent! Everyone treated me with concern and care. It took a while to get meds straight but Dr. Hernandez and staff got me turned around.

By Lenna SummyFIJHA

My mother was at Watermere Landing for six weeks. The treatment and care she received during the six weeks was absolutely wonderful. From the nurses, therapists and aides everyone was so attentive and caring. I appreciated the communication I received on mom's care from all the different case worker, social worker and ???. I am so thankful mom was at Watermere during this time of healing and recovery.

March 31, 2016

By Dorothy Brazier

Excellent care for physical therapy. Christine - great job. CNA Beatrice - blessing to mom. Sweet, sweet spirit. Nurse Cindy - excellent bedside manners. Megan is very informative. Highly recommend facility.

February 29, 2016

By Reviewer124807150

I want to compliment Dr. Kidde and his staff for pulling together the 'get well' plan which has helped me tremendously. A special thanks to those who watched closely with me CN: Maria, Judy, the therapy staff, Christine, Jennifer, Jessie and Sarah. All of you and I'm sure others not mentioned aides in my steps towards full recovery.

February 27, 2016

By Vera Cantwell

Excellent. The physical therapy was the best I've ever had. Food was great. The nurses station and staff were outstanding. Couldn't say in words my fabulous stay at the Landing At Watermere.

January 29, 2015

By amcprodjam

My 87 year young mother has dementia & has had a stroke (aphasia). She was hospitalized with seizures & pneumonia and once released needed rehab. We sent her to Landing @ Watermere for much needed Physical Therapy and overall health rehab. I can’t say enough from the Administrator, Doctor, Clinical Liaison, Nursing, PT, Aides & Entertainment about how wonderful they were to my mother as well as me her daughter. This facility gets it. They understand that their not only treating the patient but also the family. When we left my mother actually cried as she said “I’m going to miss my friends”. What better positive way to leave a facility and go home. Thank you Landing and all your wonderful staff for putting my mom back on the road to a healthy life. We will see you next month for a visit they call it Respite for me, yea team.

January 22, 2015

By shoogboog

My grandma was in the hospital for about a week, having seizure like episodes. She also has severe dementia. She lives with my mom normally but after she was in the hospital she needed rehab. She went to the Landing and was on their 3rd floor which is specific for Dementia and Alzheimer's patients. I cannot say enough great things about this place and what it has done for my grandma. She has absolutely thrived since being there. She is again a social butterfly, always involved in their many activities, and back to her crazy sassy self!! Mom even fears her going back home with her thinking she's gonna be bored. We plan on her going to the Landing for a week every month for respite so that she can have her "vacation". Our family is so glad we found this place!!

August 03, 2014

By Kayrey

Beautiful to look at...DANGEROUS to be in!! If you are not prepared to stay with your loved one 24/7 or pay for a full time caregiver to take care of your loved one, do not place them here. My mother suffered from a second broken hip, cracked clavicle, and concussion due to their negligence. These injuries were from two separate incidents. Both caused by employees who did not know what they were doing. My mother was in Watermere to recover from a broken hip. She was there about a week and fell out of bed and broke her other hip. They do not use bed rails, the aid on duty left her bed elevated, no bed alarm, no mat on the floor; knowing she has dementia and was an extreme fall risk. The result was another trip to the hospital for a 2nd hip surgery in just over a week. My mother went from probably being able to walk again to a prognosis of being bed or wheelchair bound. Never let your loved one ride in the facility van. The woman in charge failed to correctly secure my mother's wheelchair, resulting in injury and a trip to the hospital. She had a cracked clavicle and concussion. The female employee who was responsible tried to blame it on my mother, saying she must have pushed a release button with her feet. That could not have happened according to another transport van company. Another resident also had a close call when her wheelchair was not properly secured. The incident was reported to me by another family member of a resident. She witnessed the incident. Memory care residents are treated as second class residents. The dining area was almost always filthy, the exception being when family members cleaned it. Meals were hit or miss. Many times residents were brought only a partial meal; missing a drink or utensils or not getting a meal at all. I was there for dinner one night to witness my mother being served a muffin for her dinner; nothing else, just a muffin until I raised a stink about it and went to the kitchen and got her a grilled cheese sandwich. My experience was that I was unpaid help the whole time I was there. I was having to assist other residents or else they would have fallen or done without other needed assistance. There is far too little staff for the needs of the memory care patients in their care. I could go on and on about the miserable experience we had at this facility. I am relieved and grateful to get her out alive. The one positive I can say is that the physical therapists did a great job getting Mom mobile again.

Let Us Search For You

Save Money

Care

Save Stress

Features of Landing at Watermere

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
    • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Landing at Watermere

Nestled in the heart of Watermere’s 64 acre lush landscaped master planned community sits the Landing at Watermere. Living at the Landing at Watermere will take you back to the feel of living in a quant neighborhood where everyone knows your name, while still enjoying peace of mind for seniors 55 or better.

The Landing at Watermere is a full-service community offering the perfect complement of Independent luxury apartments to Skilled Nursing Care all available in one location. Rest assure knowing that your needs will be met by our trained, attentive team of professionals. You will have your choice of several spacious floor plans on a monthly rental agreement without the lengthy commitment or expense of a long-term contract.

Once you experience the resort lifestyle of the Landing at Watermere, you will never want to leave, and you don’t have to, even if your health care needs change. We offer Independent Living, Assisted Living, The Springs Skilled Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care, and Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Services – serving different needs in one 4 story location. And for spouses, you and your loved one can remain near each other despite different medical needs.

We provide individualized care services tailored to your exact needs. This ensures you only pay for the care you need with the flexibility of more care should your needs change. Our long term care neighborhood offers specialized support and services to those with memory loss who are in need of 24 hour skilled nursing services. The skilled nursing neighborhood offers skilled nursing and rehabilitation services for those recovering from a health decline and needing therapies to get better and be able to return home.

Best of all, you will see an amazing difference in the warmth and elegance of the Landing at Watermere. Settle into the luxury and comfort of our spacious apartments with nine-foot ceilings, crown molding and deluxe amenities. We’re sure you will feel right at home!

“At the Landing at Watermere, we’ll take care of the little things so you’ll have more time to enjoy the big things in life.”

Map of Landing at Watermere