Landing at Watermere | Nursing Home

201 Watermere Drive, Southlake, TX, 76092

Reviews of Landing at Watermere | Nursing Home

Pamela25 March 11, 2017

Nursing, social worker, Dr. Hernandez excellent—five star doctor. Rehab okay. Food okay.

Walker172833 March 03, 2017

Nursing and staff were excellent. Facility is very nice. Food and food selection are subpar.

Ms. King February 18, 2017

Would highly recommend. Could not have found a better staff or place to rehab and heal. Nurses were wonderful both day and night. Karmia and Cassondra were always on the spot with any needs. PT and OT are amazing! I was able to get to a place I thought would take months.

towen1234 February 17, 2017

Superior!! Everyone was very nice!

Dbullock1234 January 25, 2017

Beautiful facility. Well Maintained. I was in their therapy hospital. The care I received was very good. Private Room was spacious and cleaned everyday. The food was typical of a hospital. Some good, some not so good. . But they did honor my request for special food that I needed. The nursing staff was mostly very good. The Therapy Technicians were excellent, capable, and very thorough. I would recommend them to anyone. Overall, I was very pleased with my one month stay.

William150781 October 28, 2016

Every one from the housekeeping to food delivery people have been great. Cannot say enough about our fabulous nurses - kind, caring, competent. They are the best! Give them a raise. PT were good. Mr. Young was in pain and didn't cooperate but they tried.

Ragaa Y October 27, 2016

Very good therapy, I can say excellent. Good in others. I see that this company is the best rehab.

amcprodjam January 29, 2015

My 87 year young mother has dementia & has had a stroke (aphasia). She was hospitalized with seizures & pneumonia and once released needed rehab. We sent her to Landing @ Watermere for much needed Physical Therapy and overall health rehab. I can’t say enough from the Administrator, Doctor, Clinical Liaison, Nursing, PT, Aides & Entertainment about how wonderful they were to my mother as well as me her daughter. This facility gets it. They understand that their not only treating the patient but also the family. When we left my mother actually cried as she said “I’m going to miss my friends”. What better positive way to leave a facility and go home. Thank you Landing and all your wonderful staff for putting my mom back on the road to a healthy life. We will see you next month for a visit they call it Respite for me, yea team.

shoogboog January 22, 2015

My grandma was in the hospital for about a week, having seizure like episodes. She also has severe dementia. She lives with my mom normally but after she was in the hospital she needed rehab. She went to the Landing and was on their 3rd floor which is specific for Dementia and Alzheimer's patients. I cannot say enough great things about this place and what it has done for my grandma. She has absolutely thrived since being there. She is again a social butterfly, always involved in their many activities, and back to her crazy sassy self!! Mom even fears her going back home with her thinking she's gonna be bored. We plan on her going to the Landing for a week every month for respite so that she can have her "vacation". Our family is so glad we found this place!!

Kayrey August 03, 2014

Beautiful to look at...DANGEROUS to be in!! If you are not prepared to stay with your loved one 24/7 or pay for a full time caregiver to take care of your loved one, do not place them here. My mother suffered from a second broken hip, cracked clavicle, and concussion due to their negligence. These injuries were from two separate incidents. Both caused by employees who did not know what they were doing. My mother was in Watermere to recover from a broken hip. She was there about a week and fell out of bed and broke her other hip. They do not use bed rails, the aid on duty left her bed elevated, no bed alarm, no mat on the floor; knowing she has dementia and was an extreme fall risk. The result was another trip to the hospital for a 2nd hip surgery in just over a week. My mother went from probably being able to walk again to a prognosis of being bed or wheelchair bound. Never let your loved one ride in the facility van. The woman in charge failed to correctly secure my mother's wheelchair, resulting in injury and a trip to the hospital. She had a cracked clavicle and concussion. The female employee who was responsible tried to blame it on my mother, saying she must have pushed a release button with her feet. That could not have happened according to another transport van company. Another resident also had a close call when her wheelchair was not properly secured. The incident was reported to me by another family member of a resident. She witnessed the incident. Memory care residents are treated as second class residents. The dining area was almost always filthy, the exception being when family members cleaned it. Meals were hit or miss. Many times residents were brought only a partial meal; missing a drink or utensils or not getting a meal at all. I was there for dinner one night to witness my mother being served a muffin for her dinner; nothing else, just a muffin until I raised a stink about it and went to the kitchen and got her a grilled cheese sandwich. My experience was that I was unpaid help the whole time I was there. I was having to assist other residents or else they would have fallen or done without other needed assistance. There is far too little staff for the needs of the memory care patients in their care. I could go on and on about the miserable experience we had at this facility. I am relieved and grateful to get her out alive. The one positive I can say is that the physical therapists did a great job getting Mom mobile again.

About Landing at Watermere

Landing at Watermere is a nursing home in Southlake, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Landing at Watermere for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Landing at Watermere

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: