Golden Livingcenter - Southaven

1730 DORCHESTER DR, Southaven, MS, 38671

Reviews of Golden Livingcenter - Southaven

AnotherJoe December 19, 2014

My father was admitted on a Tuesday, End Stage COPD, We simply were unable to lift him to help him to bathe, dress, etc. & were told they would be able handle his illness while they provided physical therapy. He had undergone a procedure in the hospital to aid in circulation & had a wound on the inside of his leg. On Friday of the same week, they ended up calling an ambulance because they said he was "talking crazy" when the ambulance got there, they discovered his sheets covered in blood & that the wound hadn't been dressed or cleaned. His immediate care-giver didn't even know he had a leg wound.... which tells me, they didn't change sheets, or bathe him for at least 4 days!! due to his loss of blood, he had to be re-admitted into the hospital where he was given 3 pints... We took him home & had a private nurse to assist us. Sadly, we lost him two weeks later. I WOULD NOT recommend this center.

Madachew December 12, 2014

This place is unreal! My mother in law died here because of their negligence. She was unattended and choked to death on a banana. It was not even her tray of food. She was supposed to be on a puree diet. When asked to obtain the incident report they refused. My wife was left with a mother who was brain dead. She had to make the decision on whether or not to keep her alive. We got absolutely no cooperation from them. We didn't even get an apology. Have recordings of their admittance to negligence. But still no incident report from that day. So this place is a joke. The fact someone died and you offer no cooperation or support when clearly you are at fault. Almost 2 years has gone by and still not a peep out of you all.

rockytop55 April 10, 2014

My mother has been a resident at Golden Living in Southaven since 2010. She has Alzheimer's and has been diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer. She is now under hospice care. This facility is a Godsend. The staff is caring and compassionate. They take good care of all the residents there. They call me when there is an issue or a problem. Mom has said many times that she feels very fortunate to be there and that they take good care of her. I am on a first name basis with several of the staff members. One in particular is really good about letting me know Mom's needs including the state of Mom's clothes. She once took the time to go over Mom's clothing with me even though she had already clocked out & was ready to go home. Every Sunday, they have a voluntary short church service which includes singing hymns. Every week they plan a field trip to different places, ranging from lunches out, trips to Wal Mart, going to the fair and to museums. The facility is kept clean although it is always a work in progress. Right now they are going through renovations, but they have somehow managed to keep any disruptions down to a minimum. There is a nice fenced in courtyard in the back where Mom likes to spend time bird watching. No facility is perfect and this one is no exception. In Oct 2012, we had out of state relatives come to visit Mom. To this day, they still mention how impressed they were with this facility.

RS October 02, 2013

My mother-n-law lived here for 8 years with Alzheimers. She was always happy and clean. I received calls immediately of any changes or incidents with her health and she was well taken care of.

Sheila3 July 30, 2013

I've been to Golden Living Center in order to visit someone. The facility was great.

ConcernedGrandkid2008 September 11, 2011

Golden Living took care of my grandmother after she had severe liver problems and needed hour by hour assistance during her rehabilitation. She was given prompt attention whenever she requested it and we visited her several times during her stay. The staff was always very professional and kind. She had complete access to go outside as well as interact with other individuals staying at their facility. She also said the food was well prepared (not as good as hers, of course!) and they checked on her regularly to ask if she needed anything. She even had a complaint that the mounted TV was too far away and they brought in another TV on a roller cart so she could better view the screen. The only complaint she mentioned was the short staffing they experienced after around 9:00 pm each evening. She said the staff was still very professional, however it was apparent staffing was lowered dramatically after visitation hours were over. Because of this one complaint, I recommend four out of five stars. However, the facilities were excellent.

About Golden Livingcenter - Southaven

Golden Livingcenter - Southaven is a nursing home in Southaven, MS that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Golden Livingcenter - Southaven for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Golden Livingcenter - Southaven

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: