Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

380 Demott Lane, Somerset, NJ, 08873

Contact Now

Reviews of Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Olivia P. May 12, 2016

I would like to Thank Regencey for everything that they had done for my love ones. They care and the rehab that was giving to them. Even though I use to work here I greatly and greatful for the staff and the people who works in the Rehab Department this is from my mother Pattie and James. James's is favorite Rehab staff is Tiffany and all the NURSES on G1.

Diana B. Misty April 21, 2016

Very attentive and friendly staff, I feel very confident my friend will receive excellent care. Would not hesitate to recommend.

Diana, Thank you so much for your confidence in us at Regency Heritage, where we offer the very best rehabilitation in Somerset woods! Somerset woods has several rehabilitation centers, but none have the stellar and well earned and deserved reputation we enjoy at Regency Heritage. We deeply appreciate your kind words and we wish you much continued health and happiness!

William Benev April 19, 2016

My Dad was here and we were satisfied with therapy and some of the nurses. A few could have had a better bedside manner, but by and large, the majority were excellent. The main thing is, they got me strong and healthy and back home in time for our daughter's baby shower!

jeremiah nachon April 10, 2016

With our elderly loved one who has been in and out of rehab centers over the last 4 years, our experience has been somewhat of a mixed bag, until we found Juda and the staff at the regency post acute care center in somerset.

We were originally introduced to regency park care center in hazlet, because our loved one was at Bayshore community hospital in holmdel, which is only minutes away from the regency park location.

There we were introduced to Juda who took over and calmed our fears and even helped us with referring us to medicaid consultants. His demeanor and professionalism were unerrring .

We wound up working with Juda on an admission to this sister facility in somerset and also on a medicaid application with application pros in Jackson nj. Juda and the regency exceeded all of our expectations in terms of quality care and a beautiful location to help us sleep better at night.

No place is a substitute for home, or homecooking, but regency comes closest. Ty very much

Victoria B. March 21, 2016

My Dad was a resident here back in February 2016 and we were pleased with the level of care and the therapy. The food could have been a little better. This is a good place and worthy of consideration.

Shirley Bakofsky February 22, 2016

My social worker was cooperative, gave me great recommendations and made me feel like I had a say in my care. Physical therapy was very good, cooperative and I felt as if I had a good rapport with them. This is my third time here.

Patricia Frasier December 22, 2015

I was a patient at the Regency Heritage in Somerset, NJ back in October 2015. I was very pleased with care and attention I received from all the nurses and therapists.

John Devine December 17, 2015

Excellent. Refreshing. Very straight forward discussion about all issues. No hidden agenda. Owner has an open door policy for any questions. Great nursing and rehab staff!

John Fischer October 07, 2015

We were very happy with the therapy program at Regency Heritage. The staff were cooperative and caring.

Erica M. September 18, 2015

It is probably rare that a business receives compliments instead of complaints. But I feel compelled to comments regarding the excellent care provided to my Sister Phoebe, during her 12 week stay at Regency Heritage in Somerset, for rehabilitation.

My Sister suffered a stroke and was discharged from JFK Rehabilitation Center to Regency.

Prior to her care at Regency, we were concerned about her recovery prospects as a result of her high acuity (she was entirely paralyzed on her left side). We visited 9 local rehab facilities before choosing Regency Heritage in Somerset, mainly because of what appeared to be an excellent program and staff providing physical therapy. In addition, the place just felt right compared to the others.

When she was admitted, we were concerned she would be confined to a wheelchair for the rest of her life.

However, Regency's physical therapist, Wayne Johnson, never gave up hope on her and worked day after day to help her and motivate her in her recovery.

My sister can be very stubborn and wasn't the easiest patient and was somewhat resistant in the beginning to participate in her therapy.

But Wayne turned her into a believer with his endless patience and dedication.

In the end, my sister was able to walk out of Regency (without a walker)!!

We are forever grateful to Regency Heritage and their staff for their miracle!!

Barbara Mount August 30, 2015

We chose Regency Heritage on Demott Lane, in Somerset NJ, because of proximity and because we had heard wonderful things about their facility.

It was one of the best decisions we ever made.

Our Mother, who is 86 years young, was there to recover and rehab from a hip fracture.

She has plenty life left to live and it was important to us all that she regain her prior level of functioning and continue to live as independently as possible.

She was at the Regency for about 6.5 weeks under her Medicare benefits.

The rehab team was fantastic and the care was very compassionate.

She was recently discharged to home with a walker and is slowly getting back to herself.

Thanks to Regency!

Dr. Regina August 07, 2015

Our Mother was recently a sub-acute patient at Regency Heritage in Somerset NJ. We couldn't have been more pleased with the exceptional care she was provided by the entire staff of dedicated nurses and therapists. Mom was treated with expert care and compassion. She has now regained vital strength in her arms and legs and is on the road to recovery thanks to this 5 star facility!

Frances26 August 01, 2015

Regency Heritage has a caring, helpful and responsive staff. Kimberly, Jane, and Ashley are just outstanding!

John & Carol Crawford July 23, 2015

I was recently a patient at Regency Heritage for short term rehab and my experience was stellar. I'd like to specifically thank my nurse, Lisa, and their social worker Phylicia.

This outfit is a class act!

John & Carol Crawfor July 22, 2015

I was recently a patient at Regency Heritage for short term rehab, and my experience was stellar.

I'd like to specifically thank my Nurse, Lisa, and their Social Worker, Phylicia.

This outfit is a class act!

Teresa Boutillette July 21, 2015

My Dad was recently at Regency Heritage. The care he received from the aides was tremendous! Sometimes two aides were required to assist, yet they never uttered a complaint. My communication with the head nurse, Gabrielle, was excellent as well. I highly recommend Regency Heritage.

Ellarinthius June 30, 2015

Everyone was very nice. If I ever need rehab, I would like to come back here again.

Robert113053350 June 28, 2015

Everyone was very nice and cooperative. I found the rooms to be clean and well taken care of. Rehab was great; I had a wonderful experience!

Craig18 June 23, 2015

My experience here was awesome! I don’t know where I would be physically without the care that I received here. Rodjena and the PT staff were very inspirational on my road to recovery. The nursing staff was on point; I never had to wait long for anything.

Joel S. May 11, 2015

My sister Judy and I wish to thank the staff at Regency Heritage for the service they provided to our Mother, Edith, during her 15 year residency there. So many years, so many shifts, so many departments make it difficult to mention all of the individuals who were especially sensitive and helpful during this time and I don't want to leave anyone out who should be mentioned. Days, evenings, nighttime, weekends, holidays, I have been to the home and found caring people there to help with that moment's problem. Directors, assistant directors, supervisors, nurses, therapists, dietitians, aides; even doctors and rabbis, all know my name and who my Mother was and what her special issues were. I didn't always think so in the heat of the moment, but now as I reflect back, it really has been a "home" for our Mother.

Ruth Chavis May 08, 2015

I would personally like to thank the staff and therapy for all the help they gave me during my stay at the Regency facility.

I am very grateful for their caring and devotion to me.

Charles Seigel May 07, 2015

I just want to thank you for all the help you gave to me during my stay at Regency. I also want to tell you that your rehab staff was extremely competent and caring when I came in. I was close to a vegetative state and it took 3 people just to get me to stand, but with their help and professionalism, I was able to pick myself up and walk the halls with a walker. I have had rehab before, but never like what they gave me. On a scale of 1-10, I rate them a 10.

I would also thank the nursing staff, especially Latisa and Edward. Also, the aides were very helpful.

You can be assured that I will recommend Regency to anyone that needs a great facility!

Michele Rockoff April 28, 2015

My mother, Shirley, spent three months in your care. There were several people on your staff who embraced her and i felt that they deserved acknowledgement.

Our initial contact person, Marlene, became our "go to person throughout my mother's stay. Her warmth, thoroughness and ability to listen, gave us great comfort. She sat with me during some difficult moments and gave me support, when i needed it.

Michael, in the Physical Therapy Center, truly cares about his patients. He went the extra mile with my mother, when others had given up on her.

The nursing staff knew her and looked out for her well being. There were so many people that i truly cannot name them all. They cared for my mother, as well as me: Lisa (Nurse Practitioner), Cathy (Head Nurse), Susan, Alema, Sonal, Thelma, Stella, Olivia, Edward, and Edith. I credit Edith with giving me spirit and courage. Your patients are fortunate to have such caring individuals.

There were two aides that my mother has a special relationship with: Candy and Salanta. They treated her with love and respect. When my mother had difficulty eating, they would never give up. Their hearts were unwavering. Salanta's resolute commitment to my mother was as if she were a member of our family. We Knew that when Salanta was working, my mother would always have the love and personal care that she needed. I believe that she was touched by knowing my mother as much as my mother was touched by her.

I hope that all your staff receives the recognition they deserve.

Caring95652550 October 11, 2014

I was not really overwhelmed by Regency. I didn’t find them as pleasant. I just found it dark, and it didn’t have that real nice feeling when you walked in. I didn’t believe I was able to talk to someone there that was manageable, and they didn’t call me back in a timely manner.

Gwen3 August 27, 2013

My mom was in temporary rehab at Regency Nursing and Rehab. She was there for physical therapy and the physical therapists were terrific. They actually had her out of the facility a week earlier than they anticipated due to the progress they made. The management was well orchestrated. There was a presence of the management everyday checking in and making sure that my mother was happy. If we had any concerns, it was dealt with immediately. I would recommend them to others.

From Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The most recent addition to the Regency family, Regency Heritage is centrally located in Somerset, New Jersey, on the beautiful 59-acre Oscar and Ella Wilf Campus for Senior Living. Regency Heritage is committed to bringing advanced levels of skilled nursing care, rehabilitation and quality of life to all those we serve, in an environment that embraces Jewish values and traditions.

A recent multi-million dollar renovation project has transformed Regency Heritage into one of the area’s most elegant and luxurious senior residences. A generous 265-bed capacity addresses both the community’s long- and short-term care needs. Spacious, elegantly appointed rooms, cheery public areas and gracious dining facilities help create an atmosphere of comfort, companionship and community.

Long-term residents benefit from the highest quality, round-the-clock nursing care as well as comprehensive clinical support and personal care services. They also enjoy sumptuous dining, with Glatt kosher menu choices prepared under the supervision of a certified nutritionist. There is also a robust program of recreational and social activities designed to complement a wide range of lifestyles, interests and preferences.

For patients and residents in need of rehabilitation and specialized services, our award-winning Regency Rehab ™ staff utilizes the latest therapies and treatment modalities. Together with our dedicated, state-of-the-art equipped facilities, they work to ensure optimum recovery and the return to the highest degree of independence and quality of life possible.

Regency Heritage is convenient to major highways and easily accessible by both private and public transportation. Five of New Jersey’s finest hospitals are also located right in our area: St. Peter’s Medical Center, Robert Wood Johnson University Medical Center, Princeton Medical Center, Somerset Medical Center and JFK Hospital.

Regency Heritage is nestled on a sprawling campus of beautiful manicured lawns and gardens! The care is 5 Star Rated and the envy of the Healthcare Industry! "We Are The Place Where The Caring Comes To Life!"

Features of Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

• Internet in residents' rooms
  • Wi-fi in residents' rooms and shared areas

• Psychiatric care
  • Skilled nursing
  • Physical therapy
  • 24 hour nurses: We have 24 hour nurses.
  • Hospice care

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

• 24-hour security gate
  • Shared space where residents can host parties
  • Features extra: Free Coffeee and Nourishment Stations

• Arts, woodworking, craft
  • Religious services
  • Book clubs
  • Wii sports competition
  • Tai chi

• Meals delivered to residents' rooms

• Monthly rent is all inclusive

• Staff patient ratio: 6:1
  • Minimum age: 35

• Licenses: CMS

• Financial guidance extra: We help families with the Medicaid application process.
  • We help families understand VA benefits
  • We help families explore other financial options to afford senior living

• Companion suites: We offer companion suites

Location of Regency Jewish Heritage Post-Acute Rehabilitation and Nursing Center