Oakview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

2700 Barker Street, Silver Spring, MD, 20910

Reviews of Oakview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

iven9 August 05, 2015

If someone ever asks me about Oakview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, the first thought that would come to me is what an awful place. For starters the center is not in any means clean. There are stains on the walls, dust everywhere and I put my hand under a counter top and it came out soaking wet with some weird liquid. The staff was, in general, very rude and inattentive. I mean what kind of a facility lets a patient get drop foot and does not say a word to the family. Not to mention, when we were finally moving my grandmother out of the center, we received little to no help. We had to ask multiple times and the nurse that was helping us was extremely rude. She was working on handing out meals and we understand that but seriously lose the attitude when we asked you one thing or better yet very quickly direct us to one of the other nurses idling around. Don't roll your eyes and complain that you're too busy and then ignore us. IT'S YOUR JOB. If anyone working at the facility is reading this please. I implore you to fix something.

james prince January 14, 2015

the place is not clean, the staff are not too friendly, something is quietly missing, I do not know what it is but you not feel home. Front desk customer service 4/10, HR personnel 3/10 nursing staff 4/10

Vivian 1 October 15, 2012

As far as I know my brother's being well taken care of. He's been in there for a couple of months now and so far so good. Everyone's good.

wtarkin10 September 27, 2012

Situated in a quiet suburban neighborhood, this facility is tucked away in a relatively safe area. The times I've visited the amount of staff present seemed minimal, however, they understood the needs of the residents. To be perfectly honest the facilities seemed like an outdated hospital but at least everything was clean. Amenities, too, seemed to be in paucity. Each room is usually habited by two people per hospital norm. Every room though had a high definition television. This fact perfectly reflects the cold nature of a living facility; plopping residents in front of television in place of human interaction. The positives of this facility come from some of the smaller nuances provided. Immigrants from Korea are all put in one floor, providing a network for those who cannot speak English very well. Staff for them can speak Korean as well. This little touch was very thoughtful. In addition volunteers are numerous, coming by to sit and talk with the residents. Beyond this I can say the only negatives was the outdated feel of the place. Care and services seemed above standard.

Roger1 September 21, 2011

I toured this place with some family members and noticed that it was not bad clean at first glance. Then when we began the tour we found that there were some serious issues we had with things. The nursing and administration staff were not actually unfriendly, they were simply not paying any attention to us at all. My brother went up to the front desk to ask a question about one of the services they provide, and was told that she was not able to help him because she was going to lunch. She did not offer to find someone to help him or even give him an idea of who else he could ask for help. There seemed to be no personal touch to this place at all.

About Oakview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Oakview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center is a nursing home in Silver Spring, MD that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Oakview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Oakview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 215338

Location of Oakview Rehabilitation and Nursing Center