Hewitt Health & Rehabilitation Center

45 Maltby Street, Shelton, CT, 06484

Reviews of Hewitt Health & Rehabilitation Center

Victorss April 18, 2014

My mother has been at Hewitt for over a year now and she has got nothing but great care. Kind and compassionate nurses. Under construction right now. But defiantly does not have anything to do with the care she is getting. Would recommend anyone who had to make the same difficult choice as I did to use Hewitt. Plus it's very close for me and my wife to drive to.

NursingHomeVisitor May 19, 2012

I went to Apple-Hewitt Healthcare system at 45 Maltby Street in Shelton, CT to visit my great uncle. I was appalled at the conditions of the facility, and with how the patients were treated. When I was there, I saw nurses yelling at patients. I also saw many patients in the hallways sleeping in their wheelchairs and not getting any attention from the nurses. The quality of the food that was given to my uncle was very poor; it made him feel very homesick. Furthermore, when I was there, the staff was very rude; for example, when I asked one of the nurses why the food was cold when my uncle received it, she yelled back saying that it was the best they can do, and if it's that bad, I should bring food for him next time. Furthermore, the bathrooms were very badly taken care of. The ones in the hallways looked like they were cleaned maybe once a month. The only nice thing about this nursing home is the high school volunteers. Unlike the nurses, they were not cruel to the patients, and respected them.

shyningwaterfal3 August 12, 2011

Visiting a client of mine weekly at Hewitt, I'm impressed with the quality of care the patients get. I've seen how the staff is well educated with dementia/Alzheimer. When she gets irritated and confused, the nurses and aides quickly diffuse her. It's like magic! It appears that the people that deliver food to the rooms are trained in that area also. Very pleasant atmosphere!

About Hewitt Health & Rehabilitation Center

Hewitt Health & Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Shelton, CT that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Hewitt Health & Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Hewitt Health & Rehabilitation Center