Plaza Healthcare

1475 NORTH GRANITE REEF ROAD, Scottsdale, AZ, 85257

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Plaza Healthcare

Glenn7 April 02, 2014

My mother-in-law is at Plaza Health Care. We chose this facility because my sister-in-law works there, and it would be easier for us. The food is actually good. They do have activities, like bingo, and they are pretty decent.

Big Max August 01, 2013

My husband has been at Plaza for 7 years and resides in a subacute area of the home. He is severely disabled and is on a ventilator. The care he receives is second to none. I am there every day for several hours and I can give testimony to the fact that Plaza has extended itself in order to give the care needed for my husband. It is one of a very few nursing homes that has a Respiratory Therapy unit who monitor his breathing. There is a wound nurse who attends to him when something unusual appears on his skin, there is an infectious disease doctor available if infection becomes a concern and there are many RN's who care for him on a daily basis. I have looked at the deficiency reports online and my only comment is they are not related to reality. If I was scoring Plaza I would give it 5 stars.

Orange1979 September 29, 2011

My aunt has to stay here because of a long term disability. She is one of the younger people there but that has been alright. I found Plaza to be very good. Plaza is expensive but an excellent value for those on Medicare/disability/or other services. To begin with, each patient has thier own room creating a more home like atmposphere. They have a very full activity schedule that keeps the patients busy. For bedbound paitents or patients who can't get out for every thing such as my Aunt, the activities ladies bring activities to them. In addition, staff and nurses really take time to visit with patients and get to know them. One retired staff member bonded with my Aunt and still keeps in touch with her through the phone and occasional visit, and this is not uncommon among other patients as well. The nurses have always been very attentive and friendly, and many of them have worked there for years. Everyone is always very accommodating when my family visits and we have been very happy with them.

Emmyrose August 25, 2011

Plaza is a large medical facility which emcompasses a convalescent home and an assisted living as well. It is a memory care assisted for dementia residents called Mimosa.

The assisted living is in the front of the nursing home but is set-up toyally separate. It houses 50 residents and currently there is 30. They have large private and semi-private rooms. All handicapped equipped.

The staff are all certified caregivers and certified med techs with previous healthcare background. There are 4 on days,3 pm and 3 on nights. They have an RN during days on staff who oversees this unit and comes in frequently and as needed. There is a nurse practitioner who visits weekly and some doctors who come in. They have a psychiatric group they work with.

They have all meals cooked in the nursing home kitchen so they have an available dietician. They serve three meals and several snacks. The food has a variety diet but choices at meal times limited to that meal entree. The food is typical of a nursing home or hospital style. It is nutritious however. The residents eat in their own dining room. They do, however, have a choice to go to the 50 diner just behind the unit in the building. This is usually when family visits.

Outside they have a beautiful courtyard with walking paths, shaded areas to sit, lush flowers and greenery. There areas for outside activities when it is cooler here. The staff take them for walks in the morning. They have an activities director and wide group of things to do. They have bingo, karaoke, exercises, current events, birthday parties and they put a day on where family is encouraged to come and they do a social or have outside entertainment. At times they may go out on the bus or with famiky but rare due to the residents mental condition.

They have a beauty salon.

The staff appears to be caring and residents taken care of. For someone that has a debilitating mental condition and cannot be at home or in a more independent setting it is a good facility.

About Plaza Healthcare

Plaza Healthcare is a nursing home in Scottsdale, AZ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Plaza Healthcare for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Plaza Healthcare

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Plaza Healthcare