Osborn Health and Rehabilitation

3333 N CIVIC CENTER PLAZA, Scottsdale, AZ, 85251

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Osborn Health and Rehabilitation

jerrybarr November 18, 2014

Just got home today, and I have to give credit where it is due. I got two theropy sessions a day. I got strong enough to go home and I'm sure of myself. No worries. I would recommend this facility to everyone. All of the employees are great, I didn't ever run into one person who didn't care. They help you get well so that you can go home....

dchoui September 06, 2013

My aunt has been at Osborn Rehab for 4 years. The entire staff from the administrators to housekeeping have been more than accommodating and attentive to addressing any concerns we have had. Our family is there at various hours throughout the day and night and there is always a nurse or CNA available to attend to our needs when necessary. Both the Executive Director and the Director of Nursing are "hands on" in attending to our concerns and take appropriate action immediately.
The food is usually tasty, and a nice chef salad is always an option. My aunt's room is clean and bright and we have the option to personalize it with seasonal decorations. The facility has done some major upgrading this past year, the most notable being the new flooring throughout. This is a vast improvement in the appearance, as well as eliminating the typical "nursing home" odor. We are grateful that the nursing staff and CNA's go above and beyond to treat my aunt and our family as their family. The facility has a range of resident care, from rehab to residents requiring permanent skilled nursing, and It is apparent that most of the staff cares for each resident as an extended family. I must comment that the resident doctor is OUTSTANDING. She shows genuine concern in her patient care, suggests and adjusts meds as she sees fit to keep our family member as happy, engaged, and both physically and mentally as comfortable as possible. If permanent care is your only option for care for your loved one, I would highly recommend Osborn Health and Rehabilitation.

anglgrl August 01, 2013

I was told about this site by another patient at Osborn Health and Rehabilitation when my mother in law was in the rehabilitation and I have to say that the reviews I read we not our experience at all. I am really sorry if it was theirs. I do have to admit that at times my Mom did have to wait for someone to answer her call light but it was not excessive and the staff are busy. The staff were friendly and always made her feel like she was safe and cared for. Most of the staff are happy and you can tell they love what they do, some of them excessively so. Do they all appear that way? No of course not. Some were friendlier than others. But none were unfriendly. The building is beautiful and smells clean sometimes it is a little hard to find a parking spot especially on a Sunday when they have their church service, but hey they bring in a church service for the patients. Being that we had to spend a while at the facility I also got to make some other observations. My Mom has been in other facilities was limited at to what facility she could go to this time. First, management is very hands on. They are either there all the time or available to the family by phone, it was just crazy and I have never seen that before. I have even seen some of them late at night. Second, pets can visit, how nice is that? Family's can be their any time day and night and the staff will move furniture around to make the family comfortable in the room. We had a table and chairs and recliners, places to put lap tops and I could go on. The food it ok but hey it is a hospital. Some of it she really liked and some of it not so much. They have an alternates menu and would always try to make her happy. Family can also eat. The bottom line is that you don't just feel like another patient or another person they have to "deal with".

upset9 July 24, 2013

What a mess. My father went to this facility after surgery for some rehab. The first night there we waited one hour for a nurse of any kind to assist with getting Dad undressed. When she did come in she was very short and hurried. Im sorry i didnt get her name, she didnt have a name badge on. Once my father was in bed comfortably i asked if he could have a snack to get him to breakfast. They brought him half a sandwich which was smashed and a glass of warm juice. Ok that was the first night. Next working a male nurse came in and introduced himself as the manager. His english was bad and he had to leave twice to answer our questions. Breakfast was ok, but his tray stayed in his room until lunch time. His nurse for that day was ok, although she did seem very rushed and hurried, kinda put his pills down and couldnt wait to get out of his room. The DON came to visit him that afternoon to welcome him. Talk about a nurse on meth, wow she couldnt stand still was talking on her radio while trying to talk to us and she smelled very bad of smoke, which i was told this was a smoke free facility. The rest of my fathers stay was pretty much the same. Fair to poor care, everyone rushed, long waits to get call bell answered. The only person who took their time with use was Michelle, who emptied Dads urinal and got us some wash clothes and other supplies we needed. Therapy was good too. Virginia, and Midori are great. I dont advise you to bring you or your loved one here unless you can pretty much take care of yourself.

horrified. April 09, 2013

Osborn Health and Rehabilitation should be closed. It is disgusting, unclean, and smells of filth. My grandmother is visited DAILY by family and a team of friends just to make sure she is not sitting in her own urine--and guess what?? Even though the staff knows we come EVERY DAY she is is still always covered in her own urine. If I go in there and ask for help from the staff to take her to the restroom, I wait at least an hour for anyone to get around to helping me. They are unbelievably reluctant to do their job; it is like pulling teeth to get anyone to do anything there! My grandmother is the sweetest lady, who never bothers anyone, never pulls her call light because she has dementia and doesn't even know she needs help. And they leave her to rot in her own urine and feces. And the real kicker is: they get MAD at you for asking for help!! As in: I will take her to the rest room myself but I can't lift her. I'll do all the dirty work--just help me for five minutes to lift her. NOPE. THEY. DO. NOT. CARE. You're loved one will SUFFER if they are not able to be their own advocate. I could go on, and on, and on about this. I'm moving her asap.

motorcitygal April 03, 2013

I was admitted here follow a hip replacement as I felt I was not ready to go home. Facility was on my insurance and reasonably close to home ..it ends here with pros ..cons are numerous -..smells urine..generally run down ...shower room had malfunctioning fan with huge dirt and/or mold growh ..no towels in shower room..also ne!ver offered towels or help in washing ..now the really bad stuff ..no communication amongst staff ..they don't follow up..one excuse after another ..my medications got missed... particularly pain meds..malfunctioning alert light which did not bring staff to assist with pain, toilet, etc..once fixed wait time improved ..nursing staff generally unfriendly ..tech staff a bit better ...PT staff adequate ..generally a very poorly run facility that I would MOST DEFINITELY not recommended to anyone!!!!

Overpricedparadise October 30, 2012

This place is frightening. It should be closed. Had a bad experience here with my mom. The level of care is inadequate and a friend of mine told me they had been on a list of special focus facilities a few years back - the worst of the worst. Seems not a lot has improved. Keep looking/ Do not place anyone you care about in this rat hole.

whitakerv July 31, 2011

My mom died after a stay in this paradise. She was admitted here after a hospital stay for treatment of sepsis and MRSA. They forgot to lower the bed and they called me to say she had fallen out of bed. This was about a week after being admitted. They claim they found her on the floor at 7:30 in the morning. She had a gash on her arm. She declined rapidly after this fall and in spite of my repeated attempts to alert staff that she was declining - they ignored me. She fell into a coma and died 5 days after the fall. I had her transferred to the hospital after they ignored me. The nurses and the hospice nurse advised me to file a complaint which I did. The state doesn't do much either. This place is a dump. Please do not place a loved one in this facility. I would not place a dog here.

jiggs16 July 27, 2011

The neighborhood of this facility is very poor and very crowded. There's no extra space, no lawn, no parking for everyone. Everything is very cramped. It is close to a hospital, but not much else is good about the location.

There's one patio that's not very well shaded. The sidewalks are all broken and hard to maneuver if you're in a wheelchair.

Inside, there are some big common rooms, but not very much seating. I think this facility also smells terrible every time I'm there, and the common areas and dining room always are dirty. There's no place for residents to sit with visitors or other residents.

The food is pretty poor. They'll follow the residents' diets, but if that's not what they want to eat, that's kind of too bad. They do have snack times, but the general meals are fairly poor.

I think the staff is so-so. They don't seem really well-trained, and the aides need to work on reporting pertinent medical information to the nurses. The therapy staff (physical therapy and occupational therapy) is decent, but the nursing staff is pretty poor. They also need to work on reporting pertinent information to the doctors and acting as patient advocates. Once a resident goes into this facility, they kind of get lost in there, and many residents go back to the hospital in a worse condition than they went into the facility.

I would not recommend this facility at all. If I could, I would give this facility zero stars.

About Osborn Health and Rehabilitation

Osborn Health and Rehabilitation is a nursing home in Scottsdale, AZ that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Osborn Health and Rehabilitation for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Osborn Health and Rehabilitation

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Osborn Health and Rehabilitation