Silver Tree Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

930 ROY RICHARD DR, Schertz, TX, 78154

Reviews of Silver Tree Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Kaila912 January 07, 2012

At Silver Tree Nursing and Rehabilitation, the staff is friendly and fairly attentive. They try to give a homey atmosphere by hosting holiday events and opening them to the community. My father-in-law is a resident there and we had the opportunity to participate in the Halloween trick or treat event they do each year (complete with a little haunted house). Children in the community come through and trick or treat at the individual rooms, so the residents get to interact with them and pass out candy and admire their costumes. They have two different 'sides' of the center, the nursing home side and the rehabilitation side, and in all honesty, the rehab side looks alot fancier then the nursing home side. The food varies on the the diet of the resident (like diabetic or high blood pressure) but is somewhat better then the average hospital food. Overall I would say it is a decent place.

Oopsididitagain! December 05, 2011

This Place is GREAT! The place is Clean, and has a Very friendly staff. i do recommend this Nursing home to Other People.

JohntheGrandson November 16, 2011

Silver Tree was great. My grandmother is not very social but the staff here was very helpful with her and made her laugh. They made it enjoyable and when we visited, she wasn't as mean as when she was in the hospital. A staff member came in, while we visited, and the two of them joked about taking my grandmother to the night clubs. My grandmother rarely laughs or talks to anyone in a comical way, but they knew how to do it. The staff was very helpful when it came to assistance for her. She was in there for stroke rehab, and the staff kept a positive tone, and never got upset with her. I can't say I would have been as patient. The staff was well trained in medical as well as social skills. I have eaten at the cafeteria, and the food isn't terrible, not the best but not terrible. The furniture was very modern and had a homey feel to it. My grandmother had a wonderful time there, and overall the place was great!

DDWILLIAMS October 13, 2011

BEWARE!!! This place needs to be shut down before someone dies under their care. The staff never has answers to basic questions and we are investigating if they were taking unauthorized funds out of my mother's trust fund account. DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS NURSING HOME TO ANYONE!!! THE STATE CONFIRMED THIS PLACE DOES NOT PROVIDE THE CARE THEY ADVERTISE AND THEY HAVE HAD NUMEROUS COMPLAINTS.

very disappointed May 10, 2011

Visited this facility

My father went for physical rehab and left this facility in worse shape than when he went in. He was discharged to my mother's care in acute renal failure due to severe dehydration and a kidney infection. Within 18 hours of discharge, he was in intensive care and has spent a month in the hospital. He had lost almost 20 lbs. in 3 weeks and had an bedsore on his sacrum that we were not informed of. Besides not recognizing the medical problems that my father was having, they provided NO discharge teaching to my mother regarding his medications. We almost lost my dad and I hold Silvertree responsible. The medical care was extremely negligent.

cathy-1 September 08, 2008

I am not impressed by the level of skilled nursing or care of this facility. I think that the patient's family and friends have to be too involved in monitoring the patient. I did not feel that they are very good this business. The only way I think I would feel comfortable would be to constantly monitor the patient myself. But then this defeats the purpose of this facility. Maybe they are too new at this. But I was not impressed.

About Silver Tree Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

Silver Tree Nursing and Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Schertz, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Silver Tree Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Silver Tree Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Silver Tree Nursing and Rehabilitation Center