Heartland Health Care & Rehabilitation Center

5401 Sawyer Rd, Sarasota, FL, 34233

Reviews of Heartland Health Care & Rehabilitation Center

December 03, 2014

By Kathy102486850

I love Heartland. The general atmosphere was happy, wonderful, and clean. I was there for 100 days. I fell and broke my spine, and I fell and broke my head. I like it so much I went there, and Medicare would let me do maximum. The staff was wonderful, and the nurses were great. I was on the ground floor. They have three sections; they have fast track, where they have 60 beds in one wing for people from the hospital that are sick and too sick to go home, regular, post-hospital, they have a wing for assisted living, and then they have a dementia wing. I am paralyzed from the waist down; I fell and broke my back twice. First the lower part and then the top part. I have had back surgery, and now I can’t walk at all. I went to Heartland’s, but I still could walk before I fell. I went there because of my new hip and my fractured thigh; it was a very bad fracture, and they hadn’t seen a fracture as bad as my mine. I went there for us to work for rehab and for therapy, and I got the best care ever. I would pick that as number 1 for everything. Most are private rooms; they have an area of 60 beds that are for people from the hospital that need to be watched before they can go home, and the hospital wasn't to take care of them there. So that was why I went, and I needed immediate therapy. There food is no different than in any hospital; they’re all the same.

July 03, 2014

By Jan17

My husband had been in Heartland Health Care and Rehabilitation Center for about three months. It was 20 miles away from my home so it wasn't convenient. The facility has a much better reputation though and I was happy with them. They were very good. It was an older place but it was very clean and homey. Their rooms were a little bit smaller but that's understandable because it is an older institution. The staff was great. They have many activities for residents to participate. I had a couple of lunches there visiting my husband and it was okay. The only improvement I can think of about this place is that it needs some updating.

December 31, 2013

By Jan25

Features of Heartland Health Care & Rehabilitation Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Heartland Health Care & Rehabilitation Center

Heartland Health Care & Rehabilitation Center is a nursing home in Sarasota, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Heartland Health Care & Rehabilitation Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Heartland Health Care & Rehabilitation Center