Country Villa San Rafael Healthcare Center

Overview of Ratings

3.9

March 30, 2012

By Carl Bidleman

A good friend of mine has been a patient at Country Villa San Rafael for over 13 years. He has a degenerative muscle disease and can only control several fingers on his left hand. Last night at midnight he used those fingers on a cell phone to speed dial my number. He was having serious trouble breathing, was in great pain. He apologized for waking me but pleaded for my help, asking me to call the facility's front desk and tell them to send a nurse to his room. He had turned on his call light at 11:15 PM and was no one had responded for more than 45 minutes. The woman who answered the phone hung up on me. I called back and read her the riot act demanding medical help for my friend. My wife called several minutes later and she was hung up on too. She then called 911 and and when the emergency techs arrived, they took him to the nearest emergency room where he was evaluated and admitted with suspected pneumonia and possibly an intestinal blockage . What makes this worse is a similar incident took place just 3 weeks ago, the first time my friend had to call me for help because no one responded to his crisis. After I filed a complaint with the county ombudsman, the facility director called me to apologize profusely and promise it would never happen again. The promise lasted 20 days. If you love someone... keep them out of this place if you have any other reasonable options. If you don't have options... you cannot trust this place and need to be constantly vigilant. My friend could have died from this incident. I'm now looking into the laws regarding criminal negligence.

Features of Country Villa San Rafael Healthcare Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 05/01/2017

About Country Villa San Rafael Healthcare Center

Country Villa San Rafael Healthcare Center is a nursing home in San Rafael, CA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Country Villa San Rafael Healthcare Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Map of Country Villa San Rafael Healthcare Center