Country Villa San Rafael Healthcare Center

81 PROFESSIONAL CENTER PARKWAY, San Rafael, CA, 94903

Top nearby Nursing Homes

Reviews of Country Villa San Rafael Healthcare Center

nahal April 30, 2012

My mother has been a resident at Country Villa for over 15 months. There were multiple issues in the beginning of my mother's stay, but through constant diligence of the medical and support staff she has become a lot calmer and appears very comfortable. I am very greatful for all the effort that the wonderful staff at Country Villa provides daily for my mother. Country Villa is located in a beautiful setting and the facility is clean,airy, and the food is nutritionally balanced. All together this is a fabulous facility.

Henry S April 24, 2012

I have my Uncle here at the facility and has been here for almost 4 years. One honestly great thing I can say about the facility is the communication between the staff and myself. Also this facility is located very close to my home. The facility is very clean and smells good. I also think that the level of care my uncle recieves is very very good. Especially I really like the CNA's that take care of my uncle.

kalstad April 21, 2012

I get a good feeling when walking into the facility. Staff very professional and very caring in taking care of my husband. Is nice that the administrator is around and checking in on things. DON, and assistant and activities have been very good to me and my husband. I feel comfortable with the facility. One quick suggestion is occasionally by the time the food tray gets to my husband it is at times cold. Sometimes communication could be better between nurses and Cnas, however for the most part the level of care has been excellent. Communication is a big part of care as well. My wishlist would be to have automatic handicap doors especially by back patio and to be careful with the slope.

Carl Bidleman March 30, 2012

A good friend of mine has been a patient at Country Villa San Rafael for over 13 years. He has a degenerative muscle disease and can only control several fingers on his left hand. Last night at midnight he used those fingers on a cell phone to speed dial my number. He was having serious trouble breathing, was in great pain. He apologized for waking me but pleaded for my help, asking me to call the facility's front desk and tell them to send a nurse to his room. He had turned on his call light at 11:15 PM and was no one had responded for more than 45 minutes. The woman who answered the phone hung up on me. I called back and read her the riot act demanding medical help for my friend. My wife called several minutes later and she was hung up on too. She then called 911 and and when the emergency techs arrived, they took him to the nearest emergency room where he was evaluated and admitted with suspected pneumonia and possibly an intestinal blockage . What makes this worse is a similar incident took place just 3 weeks ago, the first time my friend had to call me for help because no one responded to his crisis. After I filed a complaint with the county ombudsman, the facility director called me to apologize profusely and promise it would never happen again. The promise lasted 20 days. If you love someone... keep them out of this place if you have any other reasonable options. If you don't have options... you cannot trust this place and need to be constantly vigilant. My friend could have died from this incident. I'm now looking into the laws regarding criminal negligence.

About Country Villa San Rafael Healthcare Center

Country Villa San Rafael Healthcare Center is a nursing home in San Rafael, CA that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Country Villa San Rafael Healthcare Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Country Villa San Rafael Healthcare Center

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Country Villa San Rafael Healthcare Center