Sorrento

2739 Babcock Road, San Antonio, TX, 78229

Reviews of Sorrento

oscarg April 19, 2017

My aunt was at Sorrento after her hip surgery, she went in for rehab and pain control, the nurses were very professional since day one, her pain medications were administered on time, specially before therapy, the nurses would check on her before therapy and afterwards to see if she needed pain medications. Thanks for the excellent rehab, she went back home and was able to continue with her life style. My aunt loved the hair salon, and the activities that the had, specially during the weekend.

Happyfam12 April 19, 2017

My mother had a great stay at Sorrento Rehab, The therapy department was awesome, and all the nurses were nice, and very caring.

noodles1 March 14, 2017

I have a loved one there and it's been a nightmare from day one, place is nice but the service is horrendous, my loved one is in pain, can't get a hold of the doctor, my loved one calls upon staff and gets ignored, food is cold, just a nightmare from day one

jsd622 February 27, 2017

Other

Mismanaged medication for my brother with parkinson's. A complete nightmare from beginning to end (20 days). Phones are rarely answered, multilple times calling, put on hold for ever even after anwering. Attending physician on call unilateraly changed parkinson's dosage and timing that had been set and prescribed by his neurologist for 5 years. The place looks nice but it is the worst experience we have ever had.

horrified in sa February 25, 2017

My husband has Parkinson's and had been in the hospital with an infection in his leg. Parkinson's medications are difficult to get to the optimal level to compute Parkinson's. At the hospital he was doing great and ready for rehab. Once he got to Sorrento, he deteriorated rapidly. His medications were delay and he did. Or get them for a day then when his medications were finally available, the dosage was incorrect so he was overdosed causing hallucinations and combativeness. So Sorrento put the blame on my husband and want to send him for a psychiatric evaluation. When his neurologist saw the dosage given, he was horrified. His sons provided food snacks and sodas for their dad and the majority was stolen. He had clothes missing and he went over 12 hours befor his depends was changed. The nursing director was not helpful and was condencending. Please Do Not send you loved one there. The on staff MD over rode the neurologist medication orders which could have been detrimental. This is a for profit skilled nursing chain and the bottom line is the Only thing they care about.

SarahSarahComeHome February 12, 2017

Unprofessional business office, understaffed nurses and nurse assistants, neglected patients... so glad that I was able to remove my loved one from this horrible environment.

Purple5 February 01, 2017

Nice place only, people that work there is another story. My mom had just had back surgery she needed help getting up & employee would just stand there without giving her a hand to get up, left in restroom for an hour before anybody helped her, left her wet for 8 hrs, that's just a few things I could tell u about thus place. People should not work there if they can't do their job I wonder if they treat their moms, grandparents & love ones like they do their patients. We took our mom out of there will get treated at home where her family live & care for her. I would not recommend anybody I know to this place ever!!!

Happy with Sorrento January 03, 2017

So happy with this the staff. They were caring and dedicated to helping patients recover.

aarose December 24, 2016

Indeed it is a beautiful place however it is the worst place to have your loved one. My father was in this so called "nursing care center" for less than a week and it was such an unpleasant stay. My father's medication were never right and when we asked about it they said there was nothing they could do about it. We were fortunate enough to have my mother stay with him during that time and that in itself was a blessing, if not my father would of been up for a worst experience. The nurses have no bedside manners and the doctor is hardly ever there. If you have a choice please be ware they will not fulfill their responsibilities. It is sad to know we are paying for our loved ones to be in a place where they are to be cared for and unfortunately this place does not give it to them.

Sad daughter in-law December 03, 2016

HIGHLY DISSAPPOINTED….UNACCEPTABLE! It's a beautiful facility, but don’t let that fool you….I WOULDN’T recommend this place to anyone!! It turned out to be a TERRIBLE experience during a very difficult time. It broke my heart when my mother –in law told me that she felt like she was in jail/prison!!! Sadly, she would probably receive much better care if she was in jail/prison!! She laid in the bed with no one checking on her for hours! She pressed the call button several times within a 2-3 hour span to ask for assistance to use the restroom. Unfortunately, she could no longer wait and soiled herself and was very embarrassed as you could imagine! This has happened numerous of times!!! She also pressed the call button to request water and average wait time was an hour or more…usually more! L Most of the staff are lazy, they only care about their paycheck…definitely no compassion for the patient’s! Most of the time, you just see the RN’s and CNA’s sitting or standing at the desk talking and laughing. When the complaints are brought to the supervisor’s attention, the response is “we are short staffed” or “I’ll look into it and get back to you”. She was place on a low Sodium diet by the physician and has been served food that is highly salty and when brought to someone’s attention, they apologize and tell her maybe the next meal will be better and walked off. WHAT????!!!!!! Her meal should have been replaced with a LOW SODIUM meal!!! Watch over your loved ones carefully if you choose this place. I pray that the service will improve for the current and future residents.

Nicole M December 01, 2016

My mother had surgery. She went to Sorrento. The therapy was amazing! She was so happy.

Happydaughter12 October 27, 2016

Initial it was a bumpy ride for my dad, grant it the hospital sent him on on a Friday night. Once the weekend came and went Monday it was all great from there. The therapy is outstanding. The building is beautiful and big. I think they could use more help with the nurses. When I had a issue the managers helped me every time. I hope we don't have to return to a rehab but if necessary we would go back to Sorrento.

Rodriguez Family October 26, 2016

My father was recommended by to go to Sorrento for skilled services. therapy and wound care. He came in on a wheelchair and wound vac. After 3 weeks of outstanding care, therapy, and wound care he left home walking and had no wound vac. The staff always smiled and were pleasant. Not only is this a beautiful facility but their care and therapy is top rated. I would recommend this facility and would bring my father back should he ever need future skilled care services.

Sodisappointed October 14, 2016

It's pretty, but turned out to be an overall terrible experience during a very difficult time. I toured the facility prior to my mother being released from the hospital and transferred to Sorrento. There was a DEFINITE difference in the the information I was given on tour and what the experience actually turned out to be. Be careful of the 'sale'. Once my mother was under their care the tables were turned. I called and left messages every day for two weeks and no calls were ever returned. After coming from the hospital it took five days until all of her medications were available to her. She laid in the bed with no one checking on her for hours. The staff does not communicate.No one has answers and it's always someone else department,. Just because you speak to someone doesn't' mean anything is going to get done. i even waited in the lobby waiting to meet with people that never made time to discuss issues. Watch over your loved ones carefully if you choose this place.

Virginia M October 10, 2016

A million Thank you's to Sorrento. My mother Consuelo stayed here for a short time, we were pleased with the nurses, wellmed workers, among the people that served excellently are Jim, Salvador, Melissa, Ruby, Dr. Maden, Anna Ford, Jim and Salvador you sure know how to speak kind lively words to your patients. I will always remember you all! I Thank God for you!

unhappygranddaughter April 30, 2016

If I could rate this place a zero I would! No family wants to put a loved one into a nursing or rehab facility but when searching for the perfect place DO NOT let this place fool you. The service is horrible from multiple departments. Nursing: very lazy: they would hide call buttons so residents were unable to call, they take FOREVER to do everything (get a blanket, call the doctor, call the ambulance)! Most of the time you'll just see the nurses sitting at the desk talking and laughing. Food: sorry to the cooks but not good, Half the time we would have to bring my grandpa food so he would eat. The dietician never showed up; so the meal options were never given, so then they would just chose for him. Doctors: the doctors that are supposed to make rounds to check up on the patients frequently never come! The entire time my grandpa was at this facility he saw the doctor once and this probably only happened because we had been calling and calling. Manager/ Head admin.: very rude and disrespectful. They don't follow the "handbook" that they will re-address and redirect to you so many times! Even some of the working staff will tell you how unhappy they are as well. I have never written a bad review before, but with this place definitely has made it necessary. I wish so much that I could somehow help the people that have to stay at this place. I could continue on for days with how disappointed I was with this facility! -Unhappy Granddaughter

Pursuit of Fairness and Justice March 04, 2016

Run Run Run do not send your loved ones here. RN's and CNA's are incredibly rude and not knowledgeable. You ask people here simple questions and you are met with rolled eyes and unwillingness to do their jobs. I am disgusted and appalled that a facility which looks lovely houses some of the worst staff I've ever come in contact with. RUN RUN RUN unless you like dealing with unnecessary drama, being stressed out, and worried about your loved ones care.

Horrible Horrible February 26, 2016

Huge Facade, NO RN on premises over the weekend, Only 2-4 CNAs on premises evenings & wkds, 1 for overnight, Residents will sit in briefs 8-12 hrs,, daily, meals are always late usually 6 hrs apart, hardship on 70 & over. Front ofc and therapist don't care. Lots of Lip service from supervisors

nowingsforsorrento September 24, 2015

My father has been in Sorrento for physical therapy due to a stroke. This place is beautiful, but understaffed and with it being understaffed it means that the people staying there have to wait for help sometimes as long as forty minutes. That makes for a big problem or an embarrassing moment when it is about the bathroom. The buzzers never stop and that alone can make the person ill. No one tells anyone what is going on and no one has answers to questions. You are always in the dark as to what is going to take place any given day when asked. Upper Management does not follow though with what is told to you and even though food likes and dislikes and can't have things are taken for information it is always gotten wrong and not followed. Therefor many times there is not much to eat when that isn't done correctly. (Grilled Cheese Sandwich) There are some staff aids and nurses that are GREAT Mondo, Sara, Jennifer, Melody and one other that is ready to be an RN with several other degrees, but I can't remember his name (He is not from here at all). All this is so sad when a love one is older and very well could be close to the end of ones life. For sure it is not comforting for ones family member's to have to deal with on top of so many other things that have to be taken care of at the same time. I realize that older people take more time to help and to understand some of the things going on, but there is no reason that the staff should be in the dark of things and that they have to take care of so many at one time. Please take the time make things better and a happier place for all staying there.

woodfoe August 09, 2015

My mother went there for for physical therapy because she had surgery and needed to regain her ability to walk again. The facility is new and has very attractive amenities but don't get fooled. The staff is aloof and callus. The nurses don't know enough to care for your loved one and think they are the doctors. Management won't do anything about your concerns and the response time when you call for help is atrocious. The other day I clocked 8 minutes and still no one came, I had to go outside and flag someone down. On another incident I asked a nurse for someone to come because my mother had to go the the bathroom and no one came, yet they turned her light off. This facility is horribly understaffed and the employees are low quality personal who management can get away with paying low wages. I would not recommend this facility to anyone.

Anonymous105982350 May 05, 2015

My mother went into the nursing home of Sorrento for three weeks. It was very nice. The rehabilitation team was very excellent. They got her up and moving. I would recommend it.

About Sorrento

Sorrento is a nursing home in San Antonio, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Sorrento for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Sorrento

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: