Sorrento

2739 Babcock Road, San Antonio, TX, 78229

Reviews of Sorrento

unhappygranddaughter April 30, 2016

If I could rate this place a zero I would! No family wants to put a loved one into a nursing or rehab facility but when searching for the perfect place DO NOT let this place fool you. The service is horrible from multiple departments. Nursing: very lazy: they would hide call buttons so residents were unable to call, they take FOREVER to do everything (get a blanket, call the doctor, call the ambulance)! Most of the time you'll just see the nurses sitting at the desk talking and laughing. Food: sorry to the cooks but not good, Half the time we would have to bring my grandpa food so he would eat. The dietician never showed up; so the meal options were never given, so then they would just chose for him. Doctors: the doctors that are supposed to make rounds to check up on the patients frequently never come! The entire time my grandpa was at this facility he saw the doctor once and this probably only happened because we had been calling and calling. Manager/ Head admin.: very rude and disrespectful. They don't follow the "handbook" that they will re-address and redirect to you so many times!

Even some of the working staff will tell you how unhappy they are as well. I have never written a bad review before, but with this place definitely has made it necessary. I wish so much that I could somehow help the people that have to stay at this place. I could continue on for days with how disappointed I was with this facility! -Unhappy Granddaughter

Pursuit of Fairness and Justice March 04, 2016

Run Run Run do not send your loved ones here. RN's and CNA's are incredibly rude and not knowledgeable. You ask people here simple questions and you are met with rolled eyes and unwillingness to do their jobs. I am disgusted and appalled that a facility which looks lovely houses some of the worst staff I've ever come in contact with. RUN RUN RUN unless you like dealing with unnecessary drama, being stressed out, and worried about your loved ones care.

Horrible Horrible February 26, 2016

Huge Facade, NO RN on premises over the weekend, Only 2-4 CNAs on premises evenings & wkds, 1 for overnight, Residents will sit in briefs 8-12 hrs,, daily, meals are always late usually 6 hrs apart, hardship on 70 & over. Front ofc and therapist don't care. Lots of Lip service from supervisors

nowingsforsorrento September 24, 2015

My father has been in Sorrento for physical therapy due to a stroke. This place is beautiful, but understaffed and with it being understaffed it means that the people staying there have to wait for help sometimes as long as forty minutes. That makes for a big problem or an embarrassing moment when it is about the bathroom. The buzzers never stop and that alone can make the person ill. No one tells anyone what is going on and no one has answers to questions. You are always in the dark as to what is going to take place any given day when asked. Upper Management does not follow though with what is told to you and even though food likes and dislikes and can't have things are taken for information it is always gotten wrong and not followed. Therefor many times there is not much to eat when that isn't done correctly. (Grilled Cheese Sandwich) There are some staff aids and nurses that are GREAT Mondo, Sara, Jennifer, Melody and one other that is ready to be an RN with several other degrees, but I can't remember his name (He is not from here at all). All this is so sad when a love one is older and very well could be close to the end of ones life. For sure it is not comforting for ones family member's to have to deal with on top of so many other things that have to be taken care of at the same time. I realize that older people take more time to help and to understand some of the things going on, but there is no reason that the staff should be in the dark of things and that they have to take care of so many at one time. Please take the time make things better and a happier place for all staying there.

woodfoe August 09, 2015

My mother went there for for physical therapy because she had surgery and needed to regain her ability to walk again. The facility is new and has very attractive amenities but don't get fooled. The staff is aloof and callus. The nurses don't know enough to care for your loved one and think they are the doctors. Management won't do anything about your concerns and the response time when you call for help is atrocious. The other day I clocked 8 minutes and still no one came, I had to go outside and flag someone down. On another incident I asked a nurse for someone to come because my mother had to go the the bathroom and no one came, yet they turned her light off. This facility is horribly understaffed and the employees are low quality personal who management can get away with paying low wages. I would not recommend this facility to anyone.

Anonymous105982350 May 05, 2015

My mother went into the nursing home of Sorrento for three weeks. It was very nice. The rehabilitation team was very excellent. They got her up and moving. I would recommend it.

About Sorrento

Sorrento is a nursing home in San Antonio, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Sorrento for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Location of Sorrento