Parklane West | Nursing Home

2 Towers Park Lane, San Antonio, TX, 78209

Reviews of Parklane West | Nursing Home

Caring 1492 April 17, 2013

My dad was in Parklane West for only a week, and then he passed due to kidney failure. The care was great, a little expensive, but really good. In fact, they're going to do some major renovations and it's going to be a real snuggly place in about a year. There's going to be really nice individual rooms by then.

Caring592 August 14, 2012

Mom has been to Parklane West. The administrators, admitting personnel, staff, registered nurses and nursing aides made this an easy adjustment from home to a nursing home environment. Housekeeping does an excellent job of keeping the building clean and well maintained. The laundry and maintenance departments are always willing to assist the residents, and the nursing aides are very helpful. The activities director does an excellent job with planning various and numerous activities, and then implementing them with the capable assistance of her staff. The charge nurses do an excellent job of keeping the patient's family informed of doctor's orders and other conditions that may occur. As my mother's ability to care for herself has decreased, staff from the therapy department have been assisting her in her walking, so that her mobility can be maintained. My mother, relatives, and friends have been very happy with her residence at Parklane West. Most importantly, we are always greeted with a friendly smile and hello from the receptionist and all other staff in the facility.

bradj62 August 20, 2011

I went with a family member to look at this facility for my Mom, who is going to have to move into a retirement center soon due to illness. I was not too impressed with what I saw. Its a older facility, the furniture is kind of outdated looking, and the facilities were just not going to be up to her standards.

The private rooms are very small, and have no kitchenette available, and that is important to my Mom. This is more of a assisted living facility, and we were looking for something that she would be able to be a bit more independent with. One plus I can add was that they do have furnished available, but again it's very small.

From Parklane West

Parklane West provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

We promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each assisted living resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. We offer graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care, and value.

Location of Parklane West