Morningside Ministries at the Manor

602 Babcock Rd., San Antonio, TX, 78201

Reviews of Morningside Ministries at the Manor

Ginger7 February 09, 2015

Morningside looked very nice, but it was a little more expensive; that's why we did not consider that more. They had more choices on the size of the accommodation. Also, the meal was very good.

Caring76815550 January 30, 2014

My brother moved in at Morningside Manor in March. Everybody was very friendly. We talked to some of the residents and they were very happy. We looked at one of meals that they served and it was very nicely served, very pleasant living conditions. The apartment that we found for him was lovely and the lobby where everybody sat around was nice, somebody was playing the piano. It was very nice and we were very impressed. I surely would recommend them.

caring84216050 January 28, 2014

Morningside is a much older and smaller facility. It was kind of dark and right off a busy street. It has less security. She liked the food though. They also didn’t have a staff to take us around, they told us to take mother and look at it ourselves. It was a weekend and they didn’t have anybody there.

Bobbie Sena July 25, 2013

Morningside Manor was beautiful looking. It was very clean and neat. It is supposed to be Christian-based or church-sponsored and I like that. They have very friendly nice people there and they also serve very delicious healthy foods.

Kurtis1 April 17, 2013

Morningside Manor is one of the biggest nursing homes in San Antonio. We had my grandmother over there before we moved her to a different facility. It was a nice place and the food was good too, but they were very expensive at $5700 a month. They had a full nursing staff over there, but my grandmother didn't really need that much of a facility and actual nurses to care for her because she had hospice care that came in and checked on her. You pay extra over there because of the nurses on duty all the time. Everything worked out the way it did, but it was just very, very expensive, which is the only complaint I had.

jv3 February 20, 2013

Very good facility and the staffing is great! Had lunch with my father there on a visit and encoutered a very disturbing incident in the dining area. A lady by the name Anna, didnt catch her last name, dad says she is the supervisor for dining, talked down to employees in a unruly manner! Made my lunch very unpleasent! I belive a person of her age and superviser skills should conduct them selves in a professional manner! Other than this rude person the place is great and dad loves it! I wont be joining dad for any further lunches tho, this person should be FIRED!

Colleen3 July 23, 2012

The facilities are nice. They are well maintained and the vegetation is very well cared for; the overall look is very green. The layout of the facility is very open and easily navigable. Parking, however, is a little difficult to manage and is not easy to accomplish if you wish to have your vehicle at the front of the main building. I suppose, however, much depends on the timing of your visit. The staff, in general, is fairly amiable. In my experience this is particularly true of those who work in the salon. They have a caring and upbeat attitude which goes well with the specifics of the job. Of the other staff, however, I have been present during at least one occasion of a dismissive approach to the requests of the residents for assistance. Such an incident does not seem typical, overall, but still stands out as rather distinct in my mind. On the whole the facility gives a favorable impression.

TelltheTruth1 July 12, 2012

The facilities were clean and the receptionist usually cheerful but essentially, that girl at the desk was the only one who ever really smiled. Whenever my youth group from my church would go to visit and sing for the residents, they were happy and delighted. Perhaps our youthful appearance made their day, because otherwise they looked sad, discouraged, despite their bright, cheerful surroundings. I recall when my dad, who was a Bishop, would park in the church parking lot next door, one could smell the food cooking for the residents from across the street. Some days it smelled decent, usually it was grilled chicken of some kind with steamed green beans. Other days it was corn chowder and some other soupy smell that was perhaps a few days past its expiration date. I also recall seeing ambulances from time to time in front of Morningside Manor's doors. And only once I recall a resident, whom had severe Alzheimer's, tried to make a run for the door as we were coming in. The nurses were able to contain the former veteran with a little physical effort. Still, the experience made me feel uncomfortable. Mom and I used to jokingly refer to the place as "Shady Pines". Despite the fact that my mother left my dad in a state after over thirty years of marriage, I wouldn't send her to Morningside Manor in her old age. It just seems too weird for me.

bradj62 August 20, 2011

I have been helping my Mom look around for something suitable as she will have to move from her condo soon due to it being upstairs and she has problems getting up and down them.

This is the first place we went to. It is close to the medical center, and she wants something that offers independent living with options. Morningside Manor actually has cottages available, and also they would be able to handle her from that point through assisted living and a nursing home atmosphere. It's really clean and the staff was friendly and helpful during our visit. We are going to keep this one in mind when we make a decision on it. Great place!

About Morningside Ministries at the Manor

Morningside Ministries at the Manor is a nursing home in San Antonio, TX that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Morningside Ministries at the Manor for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Morningside Ministries at the Manor

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff

Location of Morningside Ministries at the Manor