Apollo Health and Rehab Center

1000 24th St N, Saint Petersburg, FL, 33713

Reviews of Apollo Health and Rehab Center

mdkellyak January 05, 2016

If I didn't have to give a star to rate I wouldn't, but then I couldn't leave a review. My father was here, and granted difficult at times but "dumping" him is the lowest. Do your homework, you cannot "dump" a patient just because they are difficult and call it "nothing more we can do for them" then send them home without a 30 day notice. I received notice Dec 30, right before the holidays, stating they were sending him home, even though his health has declined since there. I had asked for a Psyc Eval and for the Doctor to evaluate his condition as he is throwing up even water now. They say it is psychological, I say BS. I will take him home and if something happens because they dumped him, this will not be the last of this, they will hear from me again. There is more I can disclose, just ask.

Slaght December 28, 2015

My father was sent to Apollo from the hospital on a Wednesday with orders for an intravenous antibiotic drip. The drip was not started until Saturday. No one seems to know why they missed the order. They did admit that the orders were there. Now Dad has slipped back to the condition that took him to the hospital in the first place. Shameful and Disgraceful.

michael wheeler December 23, 2015

I was a resident of Apollo twice in one year and I asked to come here on my second stay because the staff at this facility does a awesome job. The facility is well kept inside as well as the outside. the atmosphere here is friendly and a home like feeling of love and care that you do not expect from any kind of rehab facility. the service of the concierge is at the top of my list for making me feel comforted and very loved. I definitely would recommend the Apollo to anyone who needs the attention, great services, of your physical needs, and all the love and understanding of everyone's aches and pains that ones self is experiencing. I thank everyone at the Apollo for helping me through a very tough and hard recovery.

Caring85793950 July 07, 2014

They're very good at Apollo Health and Rehab. The staff is very friendly, very courteous, and very professional. The cafeteria looks very nice, but I haven't seen their food yet or had a chance to sit down with my mother when she has dinner. They offer just about everything. They offer the patients to go on outings. They offer rehabilitation, therapy, medical care, and activities. There's a little lake right there on the property with nice gazebos and walking trails. It's a very nice facility. And it's right across the street from a major hospital.

my dad1 September 30, 2011

My father in law was in the facility for 2 year before dieing. He had Alheizmers and did not know anyone. I am thankful he had no memory where he was. We choose this Assisted Living facility because they accepted medicare and the family had no money. I felt like crying the first day we left him. the place was horrible. Roons had 2 beds, very poorly furnished and everything in the room was of poor quality. No TV, which i guess did not matter. The whole facility smelt bad...it took my family quiet a long time to get used to the smell. He was moved the the locked facility, because he had the tendicy to roam and he did not know who he was. He then shared room with 2 other men. We had no privacy when visiting. most of his clothes were stolen, especially when they were new. We visited daily to make sure he was bathed and changed. I feared of what would happen if he had no one to look after him. It was a horrible experience and only wish we had more time to find a better assisted living facility for him. I pray my children will never put me in one of these places, especially Apollo.

jiminocala August 13, 2011

My Mom was in the facility after a fall/broken ribs/pneumonia. The rooms were kind of small and appeared to have been three or four bed rooms remodeled into semi-private ones, so I'm NOT complaining. The staff was just OK, not too caring, just went about their business. The rehab services were standard Nursing Home Medicare, so as in most of these places, rehab is really just a buzz-word to show they offer PT and OT. This facility appears dated like most of them in St. Pete. Mom's Medicare HMO sent her there and picked up the cost of her short stay so I am unable to judge the place on value.

About Apollo Health and Rehab Center

Apollo Health and Rehab Center is a nursing home in Saint Petersburg, FL that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Apollo Health and Rehab Center for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Apollo Health and Rehab Center

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Health
  • Overall
  • Quality
  • Staff
  • Medicare Provider Number 105202
  • Ownership Type For Profit Corporation

• Resident Capacity 99