Bethesda Dilworth

9645 BIG BEND BLVD, Saint Louis, MO, 63122

Reviews of Bethesda Dilworth

vpbenson August 05, 2014

My husband is at the Bethesda Dilworth. I don't know what more they can do because these are all advanced dementia patients and they do what they can. But there really isn't a whole lot they can do for them, so the care is adequate; I don't want to complain about it. The staff is very pleasant. They do a few things but I think there are too many people. I think the staff-to-patient ratio is not really as good as it should be because things tend to get past the staff. My husband fell once during the night and I didn't learn about it until I came to see him the next day -- I don't like that very much. There was also a situation a female resident who thinks he is her husband. I know that happens a lot; it's not a bad thing, but it's gotten a little out of hand sometimes. I know you can't expect normal boundaries in this situation, but I'm thinking they should be keeping a little closer eye on that. I think that perhaps the patient-to-staff ratio should be a little better. I go in almost every day, but I don't know what would happen if I didn't. I don't know whether they'd let me know or not; there's usually not much to report. I have asked for him to be shaved more than once a week and that still hasn't happened. I don't want to be too critical because it's a very difficult situation for everybody. I'm not thrilled, but for what they charge they could shave him more than once a week. It's that kind of thing that makes me less enthusiastic. The facility is not at all homey; it's very depressing. They keep it as clean as possible given that there are some residents who lie down in the middle of the floor and so forth. I think that they are kind to them. I think they are caring but I just don't like the atmosphere. I don't like the non-responsiveness and the food is terrible.

aroberts72 June 16, 2012

The Staff are warm and very caring but over worked. The amenities are a little run down, older. They do have a lot of activities and things for my Grandmother to do.

About Bethesda Dilworth

Bethesda Dilworth is a nursing home in Saint Louis, MO that provides patients with skilled nursing care as well as private or shared accommodations. Contact Bethesda Dilworth for more details on housing, services, and rates.

Features of Bethesda Dilworth

Medicare (ratings last updated: 06/16/17)

• Overall: